Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unofficial Guide] Reporting effectively  (Read 25555 times)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:52:57 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 07:28:18 AM by mdayonliner

No, it's most likely 300 good reports.
I don't have the link, and my repot "baseline" is:
You have reported 313 posts with 97% accuracy (293 good, 11 bad, 9 unhandled).
Tongue
Seems like you have a good opportunity to follow up. Would you mind if I inbox you some of the possible reportable posts (in addition to yours and of-course if I come across) so that we know the outcome ASAP. I am just curious to know the actual number.  Cheesy

i.e: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4546264.msg40924257#msg40924257 "ref link spamming please refer to the user's post history: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1266001;sa=showPosts"

PS: I did not report it yet hoping you will take the chance.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

I've opted to go for the full report history as that's going to be more beneficial to those that don't have access to it, and will be able to see an example of what it looks like when they achieve the desired amount of reports.

The image that I edited is pretty shocking. I'm terrible at this image editing, and I probably should of used a different colour for the status of the report. If anyone wants to improve on that image feel free to send me a message of the edited image.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:46:14 PM

I've opted to go for the full report history as that's going to be more beneficial to those that don't have access to it, and will be able to see an example of what it looks like when they achieve the desired amount of reports.

The image that I edited is pretty shocking. I'm terrible at this image editing, and I probably should of used a different colour for the status of the report. If anyone wants to improve on that image feel free to send me a message of the edited image.

Let me have a try. May I?
Is this your best version? : https://i.imgur.com/stirfNQ.png

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:04:23 PM

My final version of the image was this one:

Which I've included in the original thread for now. I've added colour coded explanations too, but I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with it.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:28:47 PM

With the colored cells

Without the colored cells

Let me know any better? Or any other instruction you would like to add?

PS: Sorry about the last color of the colored cells image. I hope if you are satisfy with that image then you can change your text that matches with that color. I don't know why I picked pink LOL

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:58:05 PM

I think the pics are a bit too wide.
While taking a screenshot, make the browser window smaller, no need to have it on full screen.
By adjusting the size of the window you can fit everything on a smaller picture.

Too much free space behind the "posts" and "users".

It's just an opinion.

Sorry for the horrible and clumsy English, it's getting worse each day and I can't stop it.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:42:48 AM

I think the pics are a bit too wide.
While taking a screenshot, make the browser window smaller, no need to have it on full screen.
By adjusting the size of the window you can fit everything on a smaller picture.
This is good advice, and demonstrates exactly why I'm no graphic designer. I'll get around to doing something like this later on today, although I imagine I'll have to do multiple edits to get it right. I'm not sure whether zooming out will be a good idea so I'll try that too.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:27:25 AM

Code:
[center][img width=400 height=509]https://i.imgur.com/2kyWE5L.png[/img][/center]
Try using width and height attribute. You will need to know the ratio though. If you have microsoft paint then follow below instructions...

1. Download the image.

2. Open it using microsoft paint.

3. Click resize

4. Check Pixels

5. Play with the value of Horizontal only

6. Try putting them here
Code:
[center][img width=400 height=509]https://i.imgur.com/2kyWE5L.png[/img][/center]

7. You should be finding desired width and height.

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:30:57 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 09:21:49 AM by iasenko

I made a short test video of the report history overview,for the purpose of this guide,
but I have to see where to upload it Wink
A link coming soon...

Edit: here is the link
https://vimeo.com/277244738

Note, that I have never done something like this before and took me around half an hour to make it so it's not perfect.
If you like the idea, I can add some texts explanations or voice too Smiley

Update.

By the way, I am not sure what you were trying to explain on the video.

This was just for test, so if Welsh likes the idea, i can try put some more time and make it a bit more detailed.
If he prefer the text format of the guide, it's OK. I just used half an hour so it's not so waste of time, and I leanred new things Tongue

mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:08:51 AM

Note, that I have never done something like this before and took me around half an hour to make it so it's not perfect.
It takes me days recording, editing a video (those kinds are different than this one thought  Grin)
By the way, I am not sure what you were trying to explain on the video.

If you can then you can record a video which is showing how to get the height and width value from the resize feature of microsoft paint. I think this will resolve the size issue if Welsh is looking for it of-course.

PS: @Welsh - Just spotted: http://prntscr.com/jzvipo

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:08:50 PM

This was just for test, so if Welsh likes the idea, i can try put some more time and make it a bit more detailed.
If he prefer the text format of the guide, it's OK. I just used half an hour so it's not so waste of time, and I leanred new things Tongue
I very much do like the idea of including some sort of video guide which could be better for those that don't want to read my wall of text, and simply want to find out certain things. How to report, how to access report history, and other things could be very beneficial to those that are visual learners rather than those who can follow instructions in text. At the very least I don't see it hurting. If you want I would be more than willing to include the videos in the post below the guide.

PS: @Welsh - Just spotted: http://prntscr.com/jzvipo
Nice one! I've still got a few things to iron out in the thread. Thinking of wording a few things differently for clarity, but being clear, and concise has never really been my strong point. I prefer to go into detail.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 04:31:45 PM

I'm doing my best to report at least a few posts whenever I'm browsing through the forum.
I have to admit that I usually focus on clear-cut cases of spam and low quality posts.

Success rate is pretty good though, but I haven't reported that much in total.

You have reported 283 posts with 99% accuracy (267 good, 5 bad, 11 unhandled).

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:47:57 PM

I have to admit that I usually focus on clear-cut cases of spam and low quality posts.

Success rate is pretty good though, but I haven't reported that much in total.
I'm sure the staff appreciate the efforts no matter how many posts you are/have reported. I'll thank you on behalf of the community.
I'm doing my best to report at least a few posts whenever I'm browsing through the forum.
This is all we really need from people there's no requirement for reporting things, but if everyone reported that post that they would normally just ignore because it's spam would contribute a huge amount to the overall state of the forum. There's an issue right now with the signal to noise ratio. I'm hoping this thread, and with a few other things we can somewhat combat this even if it's only slightly.

I'm hoping that the examples/placeholders, and the explanations will give people the confidence to start reporting the more complex issues too.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:27:42 PM

No, it's most likely 300 good reports.
I don't have the link, and my repot "baseline" is:
You have reported 313 posts with 97% accuracy (293 good, 11 bad, 9 unhandled).
Right okay. That's interesting. Let us know once you get those 7 good reports
I now have the link. Unfortunately, I didn't quite make the 300 mark, but overshot to 301 Tongue
You have reported 321 posts with 97% accuracy (301 good, 11 bad, 9 unhandled)

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:41:47 PM

I now have the link. Unfortunately, I didn't quite make the 300 mark, but overshot to 301 Tongue
Seems like it is 300 (the best possibility since you missed it).

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:14:07 PM

You have reported 321 posts with 97% accuracy (301 good, 11 bad, 9 unhandled)
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I'll probably fit this somewhere in the original thread. I think that's pretty much confirmation that it's 300 good reports. At least It's good enough for me until proven otherwise.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:30:14 PM

I very much do like the idea of including some sort of video guide which could be better for those that don't want to read my wall of text, and simply want to find out certain things. How to report, how to access report history, and other things could be very beneficial to those that are visual learners rather than those who can follow instructions in text. At the very least I don't see it hurting. If you want I would be more than willing to include the videos in the post below the guide.
~

I'll get my hands on it next week. Just moved in the house I bought some days ago and still no Internet. I was off work today and will be off tomorrow as well and when I get my hand back on the PC I'll do some videos, but I'm using a trial version of the program so there will be a watermark if it's not a problem. As I said earlier I'm not a pro in this field.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:51:24 PM

I'll get my hands on it next week. Just moved in the house I bought some days ago and still no Internet. I was off work today and will be off tomorrow as well and when I get my hand back on the PC I'll do some videos, but I'm using a trial version of the program so there will be a watermark if it's not a problem. As I said earlier I'm not a pro in this field.
No problem, it's not a requirement. But, I'm always willing to encourage those that want to provide more data to benefit the forum. Especially, when it's visual as certain people tend to be more visual learners. I'll also get around to doing the edited image, and resizing it sometime this weekend most likely. As well as tweak some of the explanations slightly, and fix some issues that I'm not quite happy with.

Hopefully, we can come up with a final product that theymos may be able to sticky the thread, add to the report page as a drop down menu or add to the help page.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:06:40 PM

Hopefully, we can come up with a final product that theymos may be able to sticky the thread, add to the report page as a drop down menu or add to the help page.
The reporting page is only a few lines long.
If you can summarize the essence of this guide into a few paragraphs, it can fit to the end of the reporting page too (and that's the perfect place for a good summary, because if someone is too lazy to search for reporting guidelines, he still can find it when opening the report page).
Or, first there could be a link to this guide topic (like: check the reporting guide here, and link it to this topic).
After the link, there could be the summary of this topic, if needed. Maybe the link would be enough, and in that case there will be no need to update the reporting page, the link always points to the updated guide.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:41:53 PM

The reporting page is only a few lines long.
If you can summarize the essence of this guide into a few paragraphs, it can fit to the end of the reporting page too (and that's the perfect place for a good summary, because if someone is too lazy to search for reporting guidelines, he still can find it when opening the report page).
Or, first there could be a link to this guide topic (like: check the reporting guide here, and link it to this topic).
After the link, there could be the summary of this topic, if needed. Maybe the link would be enough, and in that case there will be no need to update the reporting page, the link always points to the updated guide.
I'm not very good at explaining things clearly, and concisely as you might of gathered from this thread, although I invite others to offer improvements over the existing explanations. Including a link would probably be beneficial, although it would be nice to have a drop down menu. A lot of things would need to be shortened, and edited to theymos' standard. It being a sticky page would likely be beneficial. Regardless, in the mean time I'll be bumping it after 24 hours as passed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: