Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-02-06] Now official: using Bitcoins is completely illegal in Russia  (Read 10886 times)
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:29:25 PM

Can someone smarter than me do an analys on the situation - is it banned, what is banned etc?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoEscape0

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:44:58 PM

Can someone smarter than me do an analys on the situation - is it banned, what is banned etc?

They decided to ban it but still did decide how exactly they should do it. Group of experts will meet to make a final decision soon.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:36 PM

They decided to ban it but still did decide how exactly they should do it. Group of experts will meet to make a final decision soon.

they want first the elite to havce it.
They dont know how to ban it is just an other way of saying , that only insiders can use it.
insiders like theese https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4o13isDdfY banning will never be executed , because its making a law demanding PI sould be 2.27 instead of 3.14 , yes you can make that law no you can not enforce it.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/bill-would-outlaw-us-dollar-russia/

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

Most importatn part from the end of this text: http://genproc.gov.ru/smi/news/genproc/news-86432/
"Пo итoгaм coвeщaния нaмeчeны кoнкpeтныe coвмecтныe дeйcтвия Бaнкa Poccии и пpaвooxpaнитeльныx opгaнoв пo пpeдoтвpaщeнию вoзмoжныx пpaвoнapyшeний в cфepe дeнeжнoгo oбpaщeния в Poccии, пpинят pяд кoнкpeтныx peшeний, нaпpaвлeнныx нa пpeдoтвpaщeниe нapyшeния имyщecтвeнныx пpaв гpaждaн и opгaнизaций, cвязaнныx c иcпoльзoвaниeм кpиптoвaлют. C yчeтoм зapyбeжнoгo oпытa oпpeдeлeны дaльнeйшиe нaпpaвлeния paбoты пo пpaвoвoй peглaмeнтaции дaннoй cфepы."

It says that gouverment and Russian Bank (main Russian's bank) and organizations like police and KGB will do something to prevent using crypto coins (but it doesnt say what EXACTLY they gonna do).

"Paзвитиe cитyaции и выпoлнeниe вышeyкaзaнныx мepoпpиятий бyдyт oбcyждeны нa cлeдyющeм зaceдaнии экcпepтнoй гpyппы."
Situation controlling and actions to prevent using crypto will be discussed on the next stade of the experts group meetiing.
_
So it was expected from our gouverment that they would try to prevent btc and other cryptos but Im sbsolutly sur that they wont be able to close rus trade sites (most popular is https://btc-e.com/) and somehow hurt crypto community. Also we dont know what exactly the gonna do with the coins.
I guess they did it to protect rubble cost(cause its falling a bit)

__
btw sorry for my bad english.

Holy satoshi thats scary  Shocked

its just the same with dollar , it is banned since 1917 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456754.0 same law.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
sharedminers

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:54:08 AM

So technically, it is illegal now for russians to buy and sell bitcoins?
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:12:10 AM

This is kind of off topic, but how in the hell did Russia get approved for the Olympics with how bad of condition all the places are for the participants to stay?  Have you guys seen it on TV?  In United States there is some idiot Senator saying how it is super probable that something will be "detonated" near the Olympic games.   Talk about FUD
NoEscape0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:35:46 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 01:46:30 PM by NoEscape0

This is kind of off topic, but how in the hell did Russia get approved for the Olympics with how bad of condition all the places are for the participants to stay?  Have you guys seen it on TV?  In United States there is some idiot Senator saying how it is super probable that something will be "detonated" near the Olympic games.   Talk about FUD

Well, I didnt go to Olimpics and none of my friends did, so all the info i have is the info from tv and internet (and it could be not true). Guys on tv shows only good conditions. I saw some things in the internet like broken door-handles (but after some guy found out that it there was a guy who broke about 10-20 handles and photographed it), rusty water (but after i found same image that was publiced in 2010), awkward toilets and so on.

Btw it doesnt seems too bad. Olympics in Sochyon a quite good level so relax)
Last1212

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:37:33 PM

This is kind of off topic, but how in the hell did Russia get approved for the Olympics with how bad of condition all the places are for the participants to stay?  Have you guys seen it on TV?  In United States there is some idiot Senator saying how it is super probable that something will be "detonated" near the Olympic games.   Talk about FUD
Cause your noob goverment didn't want to spend money on Olympic games in crisis time, but Russia is much more rich and generous.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
BTCWizard

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:53:18 PM

Something illegal in Russia, than I'm sure nobody will use it there. Tongue
bitbd83

Activity: 224

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

But Russia will have to adopt BTC soon. Study the December China crash....what was there?? Same thing happen to Russia soon.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
NoEscape0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:25:46 PM

Something illegal in Russia, than I'm sure nobody will use it there. Tongue

Lol, who cares about gouverment decision. Im sure that everty btc holders will continue to hold it even after the gouverment will make crypto illegal.
zeuzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:46:27 AM

Great!  Everything is going according to plan  Grin

My thoughts exactly, let the most power hungry totalitarian states ban it, then the west will end up playing the "we don't want to ban bitcoin, only repressive regimes like China or Russia do that" political card, which will almost certainly boost widespread support in all the countries that have not banned it. Besides, how will russia deal with the situation the FBI was in recently when the silk road went down, a massive heap of wallets full of bitcoins. They will most likely end up selling them, they would not throw millions away.

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
btcjedi

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:43:16 AM

exchange between foreign currency and rubles is not a problem. There are multiple bank exchange offices everywhere in Russia
TonyZX

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:54:38 AM

Despite the fact that "Russia is Russia" I think there would be a day when they will also accept bitcoin but it will happen only after it is legalized in every other developed and developing country as Russia usually copy other world's actions.

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:41:59 AM

So Russians can't use paypal, USD, EUR, CC's, Crypto-coins, e-gold, WOW-gold, IMVU-credits, Lindens or facebook-coins...

Isn't BTCe operating out of Russia...

They said they can't be used as "currency replacement", not "assets".

Crypto-coins (despite the term "coins"), are not intended to replace currency. They depend on currency, like any other asset. I think they are trying to say that "they do not have to be accepted to pay debts", which is what a currency is for. "legal tender, which MUST be accepted for payments". As an asset, it is optionally acceptable for you to use. However, since it is not "legal tender" or "currency", you would still have to "make tax payments in currency", not "bitcoins". Just as you can't pay "Credit" as a tax payment. You have to pay the "currency they accept, or a currency acceptable substitute". For them, there is no substitute except the denomination they control. (Unlike in the USA, you can pay in EURO, however, it could still be refused. Bitcoins however, would never be accepted, at the moment, for government payment... except when they want to take them from you, to cash-in for themselves. Then, all of a sudden, it is OK to use them, for them.)

I am not translating Russian law, I am just assuming, as an American, that they did like every other place, and simply identified crypto-coins as "non-currency". To cover their asses, unless something changes, and they decide it is good to use it, even if only to keep Russian funds within their own country. Which is a task that banks can't seem to manage.
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:19:46 AM

So Russians can't use paypal, USD, EUR, CC's, Crypto-coins, e-gold, WOW-gold, IMVU-credits, Lindens or facebook-coins...

Isn't BTCe operating out of Russia...

They said they can't be used as "currency replacement", not "assets".

Crypto-coins (despite the term "coins"), are not intended to replace currency. They depend on currency, like any other asset. I think they are trying to say that "they do not have to be accepted to pay debts", which is what a currency is for. "legal tender, which MUST be accepted for payments". As an asset, it is optionally acceptable for you to use. However, since it is not "legal tender" or "currency", you would still have to "make tax payments in currency", not "bitcoins". Just as you can't pay "Credit" as a tax payment. You have to pay the "currency they accept, or a currency acceptable substitute". For them, there is no substitute except the denomination they control. (Unlike in the USA, you can pay in EURO, however, it could still be refused. Bitcoins however, would never be accepted, at the moment, for government payment... except when they want to take them from you, to cash-in for themselves. Then, all of a sudden, it is OK to use them, for them.)

I am not translating Russian law, I am just assuming, as an American, that they did like every other place, and simply identified crypto-coins as "non-currency". To cover their asses, unless something changes, and they decide it is good to use it, even if only to keep Russian funds within their own country. Which is a task that banks can't seem to manage.
btc-e is NOT operating from russia , so it does not care about russia.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:20:42 PM

Russia Says Bitcoin Should Be Avoided

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/07/russia-bans-bitcoin/

Poland says Bitcoin is THE CHOSEN ONE!

Cheesy

God damn, why thing cant just go easy ....
problems everywhere ... only problems Wink

I am waiting to see a briiiight light again! Smiley
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

Russia Says Bitcoin Should Be Avoided

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/07/russia-bans-bitcoin/

Poland says Bitcoin is THE CHOSEN ONE!

Cheesy

God damn, why thing cant just go easy ....
problems everywhere ... only problems Wink

I am waiting to see a briiiight light again! Smiley

He-he. If Russia said that the sky is blue, Poland would immediately decry it as a lie and state with full authority that the sky is green. They would also send a political emissary to god to demand that it should follow the new EU-directive on green-sky. Nothing new there.  Tongue

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
TonyZX

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:43:52 PM

Although it is illegal to use Bitcoin I am sure people will continue to use it but it just would be more difficult

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: