Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:55:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is EOS really decentralized?  (Read 139 times)
btctuxedo (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:02:24 PM

I don't get how is EOS able to froze user accounts when their goal is to be "most powerful infrastructure for decentralized applications".

For me, it's a turn-off & would only be interested to develop apps on their blockchain if it is really decentralized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:59:39 AM

EOS is no less centralized than your local bank or government body. The only difference between the two is the governance model of EOS is far less sustainable.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 09:10:49 AM

I don't get how is EOS able to froze user accounts when their goal is to be "most powerful infrastructure for decentralized applications".

For me, it's a turn-off & would only be interested to develop apps on their blockchain if it is really decentralized.
Many people are questioning about EOS decentralization since knowing that they can freeze user accounts
If this can happen it means they have terrible powers and for me, that's enough to prove that EOS is a terrible infrastructure for DApps and I think EOS is not decentralized

chenhaonan

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:32:38 AM

I am also very confused about this matter. Why can decentralized transactions be frozen? When a friend and I mentioned this matter, I thought he was joking. As a result, I checked the news and there were reports. Is EOS really worth our trust?

WuGong

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:15:03 AM

The EOS operation surprised me. They are free to freeze customers? This means that it is not decentralized! He may be the worst cryptocurrency on the market!
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:15:52 PM

Because they are lying. They have the power to freeze accounts, reverse transactions and confiscate your funds. It isn't decentralized in the slightest.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:44:16 PM

EOS drew severe criticism for freezing out those seven accounts. EOS has violated the true essence of cryptocurrency that is "DECENTRALIZATION" when they themselves claim to be the "most powerful infrastructure for decentralized applications". However, they are saying that those accounts had hacked funds. But that step of freezing have put them into consideration that how can they regulate wallet access if they were supposed to be completely decentralized.
btctuxedo (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:31:17 AM

And..... guess what, China just ranked EOS #1 crypto project out of 30 projects that they monitor

https://news.bitcoin.com/chinas-crypto-rankings-eos-ethereum-bitcoin/

pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:36:41 AM

It is too much to say that EOS is the center. China also reported that the best progeny in the EOS is very interesting in my opinion.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:41:51 AM

I agree with your sentiment. It really does seem like EOS although it is a billion-dollar funded project, is turning out to be a money-making scam for it's founders and developers. Many people have already pointed out that they blindly collected too much money and could have launched with much less (see how bitcoin did it without much funding at all).

I would stay away from EOS and dump it while you still can.
tothetop

Activity: 251
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:08:08 AM

I dont`t think EOS is decentralized as Ethereum, I`ve heard Vitalik Buterin has recently said that EOS have been able to hold their ICO on Ethereum platform withoun any obstacles, but he dont`t think Ethereum would have been able to hold their ICO on EOS platform in the same way...

other_slides

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:58:42 PM

If you are talking about the possibility of EOS freezing accounts of tokens holders, then this itself means that this network is not decentralized. The news about freezing the tokens, I think scare off a lot of investors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: