Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:34:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I forget wallet's password?  (Read 765 times)
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:21:31 AM

This is part of the decentralized nature of blockchain technology, you are in charge of your data.. Just try and remember it, as I don't think there is any other way of cracking it.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skye0_0

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:56:09 AM

You have forgotten your password, this is really a very trouble some thing. Cry
littlePig

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:50:35 AM

Usually, when you forget your  wallet’s password it means you will lost your account. I wonder if one day i forget my own password, so if you know how to improve it, please tell me how. Tks so much !
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

Usually, when you forget your  wallet’s password it means you will lost your account. I wonder if one day i forget my own password, so if you know how to improve it, please tell me how. Tks so much !

If you know the private key to access your wallet it will be work fine to have control on your wallet mate. Some of the wallet will be able to access with the .DAt file if you know mate.

Other than that you can access your wallets with the parity phase and e-mail linked with the wallet mate. These all can be applicable to each wallets. Some may accessible to web wallet and some may useful for you on using desktop wallet bro.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:25:32 PM

Quote from: Elliptic23
There are tools out there for brute-forcing wallet passwords. I'd recommend trying only the open-source ones.
If you're going to suggest something like this then it isn't different on hacking tools.
I think you should just considerate on communicating with the personnels that is responsible for the site. But as far as I know mostly on these cases, users that has already lost their passwords cannot be retrieve.
It's already said in the first place that we, users, are responsible for our wallets.
PayneCharity

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:13:48 PM

I forget coin's window wallet program's password.

So I can't send coin.

Then this coin is lost forever?

Are there no restore method?

Just default qt wallet program.

If you have forgotten your wallet password then I think the coins in your wallet are always there but you will not be able to send them to exchanges or any other wallet. There is no way to recover the wallet password
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:56:09 PM

Hopefully there is something that can develop for an app that can recover wallet password and share to everyone because it can be really helpful. I save my password on my phone and hardrives so there is always a backup when I lost the one. That is the way how I manage to not forget password because it is really important to access my account.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:54:31 AM

So I can't send coin.

Try to log in using every possible password combination you may have used. Your 12 wallet word recovery phrase can be used if you forget your password. Enter the phrase using this form to create new wallet that contains all the addresses and balances contained in your previous wallet. Keep in mind this processes does NOT include funds stored in any imported addresses.
TonyMark

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:11:44 AM

If you are talking about Bitcoin Core, then yes. You will either need the unencrypted wallet file or the password to decrypt it and spend the coins.

If you have a high amount of BTC stored in your wallet, you could try a service that brute forces your password, like Wallet Recovery Services for 20% of your wallet balance.

So you mean that If I lost my private keys than this wallet recovery service can provide me my private key??
IBXNetwork

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:54:21 AM

Man I don't want to disappoint you but you do are in trouble. Still I will first recommend you to try REMEMBER YOUR PASS.. just try with all the passwords you've already used for other accounts and wallets. And if that doesn't work just go with a bruteforce alternative. I would recommend with open source ones first and try and retry by yourself.. if you can't, contact some expert that can do that with you together somewhere.. and if also doesn't work,just go with a bruteforce professional and hopefully he will not steal your funds
CryptoTraffic
Copper Member

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:13:56 AM

Got the same problem, tried to solve it for 7 months - 0 result
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

So you mean that If I lost my private keys than this wallet recovery service can provide me my private key??

No.

This means that if you have forgotten the password to your wallet file, they might be able to crack it if you provide them enough information (e.g. length of your password, chars which for sure have been used in your password, excluded characters, patterns you use when choosing a password, etc.. )

Of course there is no guarantee that it will succeed.
But humans tend to pick weak passwords which also do not differ too much from older passwords.

A proper optimized algorithm can bruteforce such a low-quality password.

But if you have lost your private key (e.g. lost your wallet files), there is no way to recover your coins (assuming you don't have any backups of course).

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:35:41 PM

So I can't send coin.

IF you haven't got any backup key or anything which could help to get access again that will mean that you lose this part of your coins forever.

Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

If you are talking about Bitcoin Core, then yes. You will either need the unencrypted wallet file or the password to decrypt it and spend the coins.

If you have a high amount of BTC stored in your wallet, you could try a service that brute forces your password, like Wallet Recovery Services for 20% of your wallet balance.

No.

When you can already access your wallet you would able to know your private keys on such wallet address but if you didnt access it due to wrong password and you havent known the private keys then theres no chance for you to recover it and this is why your last resort would be using up some recovery services and as being said above these services wont give you a guaranteed success everytime.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
CoinXMan

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:10:53 PM

you forgot your wallet password.
You lost your account.
No turning back.
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 548

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:03:01 PM

I guess some people thought that password and private keys are the same stuff.  Huh
Lost private keys are impossible to be recovered and only you could possibly solve it, if in any case you find your paper wallet, or restored your deleted/corrupted files.
But with lost wallet password, there is something you can do, and thats what the other guy was saying, brute forcing your password. A service the helps you crack down the possible combination of your password, although it takes time due to number of possible combination, but atleast youre doing something to recover you wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
queenstella

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:15:14 AM

Some wallets are secured in recovering lost password. i.e Coinbase. But for some it is an not an easy nut to crack. Losing private keys requires enough time. First trying to guess all the words that are in the password. Decoding these encrypted keys takes a lot of time. Who knows what will be  possible in the future with forgotten passwords. It is best to store wallet keys and password somewhere safe
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:42:30 AM

Only if you have the private key and if you don't may be you can try this code
"%appdata% " put this code on your search menu , you will see a folder named on the wallet then open it and you will see your wallet.dat file which I think could be another way out.
IvyLiang

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:29:08 PM

Yes, you will lost it and canot take back.
Rockkey

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:10:20 PM

Situations are very different. Sometimes losing a password does not mean that you have lost your money. For example, if it's a MEW and you have a private key, then you do not need to have a password and a JSON file, you can access your money without it. Or if, for example, you lost a seed-phrase from a hardware wallet, then you still have access to the funds because you have this device and a PIN to it. Therefore, in each individual case, the loss of the password will mean completely different consequences.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: