Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Posters  (Read 1371 times)
deslok (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:51:14 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2011, 04:31:15 PM by deslok

So these posters have been over in development for a bit i'm not going to move the thread in case anyone has created a link to it but with the other advertising developments being here i'm guessing i put it in the wrong category
this is a link to the thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43664.0
And this is the currently avilable(and editable) poster, information on pricing is in the other thread and they are avilable in both 8.5x11 and 11x17 since today is saturday and my local PO closes at noon odds are any orders will ship out monday

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FYGM

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:34:19 PM

what sort of paper do you use for the poster?
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:38:00 PM

what sort of paper do you use for the poster?

By default regular copy/print paper these are destined for boards at colleges mostly indoors however i can get other types if you're looking for something else.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:17:15 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=31005.msg390703#msg390703
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:23:01 PM

Since you didn't bother to include any explination i'll assume this was your focal point
"6.  don't say anything about "cryptocurrency" or "cryptography".  this makes it sound like bitcoin is trying to hide something along the likes of Silk Road and other illegal activities."
The current posters have been printed and sent to a few colleges like RIT which are technical schools where crypotography is "cool" however that can be reworded to avoid that for other less technical places and probably should for the general public, if you have an alternate wording you'd like to see there please feel free to suggest it

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 04:29:45 PM

Putting "what the fuck" or other profanity on a poster is not going to portray bitcoins in a positive light.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:30:14 PM

Putting "what the fuck" or other profanity on a poster is not going to portray bitcoins in a positive light.

That has been removed already as per a comment in the orignal thread
Edit: the orginal post has been updated to reflect this change

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 05:25:43 PM

I don't care about bitcoin because it is free floating falling against fiat currency. I care because it is digital cash! You can go on for hours about why cash is good and needs to be removed from governments and banks, but people will get it in only one word, cash. In fact, I've stopped calling it digital crypto-currency, which to most ears is either gibberish, credit card, or debit transactions over SSL. Bitcoins are cash.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Ayo_4_Yayo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:21:22 PM

"Bitcoin digital cryptographic currency" isn't a very appealing title to catch someones attention. At all.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:01:40 PM

"Bitcoin digital cryptographic currency" isn't a very appealing title to catch someones attention. At all.

What do you propose in it's place?

netrin

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:25:32 PM

beyond cash

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:42:25 AM

beyond cash

Sounds a little grandiose but if you wanted an order i'd be more than happy to print yours that way

netrin

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:51:35 AM

I think the idea is good, the poster is clean and elegant, but I'm not interested in paper. I think the points miss the full spectrum and are wordy at that. For example "Why should I care?" would not be relevant to most people, otherwise they'd own gold. In fact, it might be a counter argument. What? Not backed by the government? Oh my! In my own experience, it's the liquidity of bitcoins that are wonderful. And honestly, one either gets and uses it or not.

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 03:39:55 PM

I think the idea is good, the poster is clean and elegant, but I'm not interested in paper. I think the points miss the full spectrum and are wordy at that. For example "Why should I care?" would not be relevant to most people, otherwise they'd own gold. In fact, it might be a counter argument. What? Not backed by the government? Oh my! In my own experience, it's the liquidity of bitcoins that are wonderful. And honestly, one either gets and uses it or not.

I unfortunatly don't think a singe design will be able to hit all of the target audiances, not backed by goverment appeals to younger more idealistc individuals and sounds like utter rubbish to others, i suppose if i had a few variants (say 5) ten of each could go out with each order but that seems like too wide of a net to cast all at once

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:50:05 PM

Looks great!

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:46:53 PM

a second buisness focused version is now avilable for distribution, In addition the bitcoin print shop is now open
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45203.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: