Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TrollCoin 2.1 [$TROLL] Tipping on Twitch/Twitter/Discord/Telegram NOW DeFi  (Read 262742 times)
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 01:55:25 PM

i think many lurkers are around here. (including me)

With the ones replying last hours, there are already 5 people involved, making the 2 active members reported above by1369 already increasing by a stunning 150%!
Trolls ahead!

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:15:46 PM

mmm, i echo your sentiments towards Trollocin. Not sure if I've properly introduced myself btw, i'm Karl Wickman, got into troll since launch & quietly took over the coin a few months later as the original developer gave up on it, this was along with another individual who prefers to stay anonymous. We have control over the Trollcoin network account here on bct, & I am the only individual with access to Trollcoins github repository.

As for distribution, the original developer premined ~80 million as can be seen in the block explorer, he or she claimed to have spent it all in exchange bribes & as payment for trollcoin games that are no longer active. Even if he kept it all, that is still a relatively small amount considering the current price, I've given away, mined & even bought WAY more than that over the years. There are several large wallets from back when trl block rewards were 50,000, these could be lost wallets from ppl who gave up on it (i hope so) or just VERY patient dumpers. Not sure how & if further distribution is possible as I'm very reluctant to part with my hard earned stash.

I run a trollcoin distribution on TwitchTV, twitch.tv/trollcoin & have been adjusting the amount given to match block rewards, but should increase it since 2,500 trl is more of an insult than anything, right?

My main focus remains TrollcoinBOT for twitch, it has had several major updates in the past few months alone & is approaching a very stable & secure system. The moneymatch feature will be implemented once it has been deemed bug free & there is a !rain & !goldenshower feature that allows broadcasters to pay viewers manually with a simple command. an auto payout system might be re-implemented in the future. So the basic infrastructure for what you are talking about is already there, getting broadcasters use it is the next step.

I should probably outline a simple "roadmap", but it's just such a damn crypto cliche...

ive lurked here since this thread was started. I just read here most of the time, but I've noticed the steady work that's been put into it and it's funny because trollcoin is more legitimate than some of the other coins out there in terms of promised updates/features. I think if the coin cap was lower there would be pople flocking to this, but I like the high cap it allows for a more fair distribution of coins.t  Ju, along with some jajor st looking at some of the alt coin distribution for random coins on bittrex shows how unstable some of these coins really are if the top holder decides to dump at any time. And if we ever see the bitcoin will reach 10k nonsense claims, coins like this one will be the first ones people flock to after missing out on bitcoin. Most alts don't offer anything new anyway so it's not like that hurts this coin. If anything the newness gimmick isn't enough to pump coins to all time highs anymore, at least not while bitcoins price is like this.

I mentioned it last time and was told that the bot was being tested and I also talked about it in arkadeum twitch chat, but a coin like this could very well dominate the twitch field. Not just utilizing the coin for money matches, but having loyal viewers earn coins for watching their favorite streamers. There are some streamers that already utilize their own special currency or point system that allows users to earn points for watching the stream when it goes live etc.... And the streamers then tie these points to giveaways and the like. A similar thing could be done with trollcoin and the great part is trollcoin actually has some monetary value even if it isn't that much. It might encourage users to actively trade or utilize the coin more. Not only that but some streamers' channels are predicated on trolling in the first place.

I know hyper is a game currency that has a twitch channel that allows people to earn for tuning in. The distribution of that coin looks good on trex but I don't buy it. I know there is a big holder somewhere. The coin total is just far too small for someone to not have tried to grab a large amount whenever it was at a low point and coins like these encourage hoarding as if it's gold rather than actually being used as a currency. I know crypto can be divided into decimal points blah blah blah, but nobody wants to spend their dollars to own .02 of a coin while an early adopter has 100k+. It works for bitcoin because it was the first so that's why people are so into it wanting to see where it goes, but I don't think it is good for the longevity of an alt coin.

There might be a similar case here where all of a couple of users hold a massive supply of trollcoin (I have a couple mill myself which really isnt much at all) but I think there's opportunity for better distribution and more encouraged usage with coins that have a higher total cap.

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 06:08:29 PM

I love Trollcoin just on principle even though I'm not a gamer or a user of Twitch.

Ever since Karl took it over it's been a relaxed, steady adoption with more users and I've watched it get trickle-bought steadily upward.

I've had a scrypt ASIC pointed at it virtually full-time since October 2014, first at nation-wars and then solo for a long time. I was planning on stopping after the block reward went to 2500 but the value of TRL is so steadily upward that it's still a good idea to stay on it and support the network.

I won't tell you how big my stack is but I will tell you that's my order on Bleutrade to sell 1 TRL for 8008135 BTC. (and for 31337 and 80085) So you know I have at least 3.

twitter.com/notsofast
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:07:09 AM

I'm aoiakuma on your twitch chat. Surprisingly out of all the coins I own and the threads of coins I keep tabs on, this is the last coin I'd ever think about dumping considering the effort that's been put into it, and like notsofast says "it's very relaxed nature." If anything I regret not mining it on my pc more when the coin first came out and I was just learning about crypto. If you see any recent buy orders come up any time soon they might be from me.
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:51:33 AM

Greetings sir! Apologies for not getting back to your email, we can discuss it openly here if you want, ill email you shortly.

Also, you will find that a large portion of this thread is by a small group of people, my hero member status pretty much came from posting here. Cheesy

The official account of this thread (Trollcoins) was approached by poloinex (& bittrex i think) last year and offered listing for a large fee, we (I) declined as I do not believe starting such a relationship as, well, let's face it, a paid whore was the right approach. If & when the opportunity comes, rest assured I will take it, but without shady back room dealings. We got paycoin for that.

Any coin that has "Troll" in the name is worthy of investigation in my book!  Grin

I've got a lot of reading to look through the history of this coin - with with over 2,000 replies in this thread and nearly 100,000 views, I would assume there has been a fair bit of interest in it. 

I would be interested to know if it seems likely that this will ever get onto Bittrex?  I've voted for it on Cryptsy but there seem to quite a few coins with a lot more support on there atm.

Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:54:32 AM

Trollcoin probably wouldn't be alive today without your support. Anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

i think many lurkers are around here. (including me)

With the ones replying last hours, there are already 5 people involved, making the 2 active members reported above by1369 already increasing by a stunning 150%!
Trolls ahead!

Regecide

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:15:40 PM

Anything.
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:03:35 AM

on the subject of mining, i"m guessing by now you've seen the periods of slow block times. From studying block explorer data & using the wallet for some time I've come to 3 possible causes, listed from most likely to least:

1, difficulty does not adjust in tandem with hash rate at all times (there are periods that come & go), a coin core issue that would have to be solved with an update.
2, something to do with transactions placed on the chain, I notice there is almost always an additional time before a block is solved when that block contains additional transactions.
3, a miner may be attempting to troll the blockchain by some means, yet highly unlikely & only makes sense after smoking a fat blunt.

With that said, I'm putting the word out there that Trollcoin seeks a dedicated developer to help troubleshoot this potentially disruptive issue, but mainly because contracting outside developers is pricey & any digital currency needs a dedicated developer to be taken seriously. I would rather pay a developer to join the team for a substantial stake of my trolls & perhaps donations from other trollcoin enthusiasts, than pay an outsider to do work he/she is not invested in.

I love Trollcoin just on principle even though I'm not a gamer or a user of Twitch.

Ever since Karl took it over it's been a relaxed, steady adoption with more users and I've watched it get trickle-bought steadily upward.

I've had a scrypt ASIC pointed at it virtually full-time since October 2014, first at nation-wars and then solo for a long time. I was planning on stopping after the block reward went to 2500 but the value of TRL is so steadily upward that it's still a good idea to stay on it and support the network.

I won't tell you how big my stack is but I will tell you that's my order on Bleutrade to sell 1 TRL for 8008135 BTC. (and for 31337 and 80085) So you know I have at least 3.

Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:15:42 AM

YOOO! I was wondering who you were here, thanks for chilling at Arkadeum mr aiokuma! But if you don't dump trolls, I'll have none to buy!!! Kappa

I'm glad my efforts to keep this a chill coin thread appear successful. When you're not fed a bunch of promises & fancy roadmap posters, you're less likely to make risky decisions. If you buy a few million troll for kicks & someone dumps it down to 1 satoshi, it's trollcoin, what'd you expect?
I still keep trying to bait out the old trolls, minimal success at best. Sad

I'm aoiakuma on your twitch chat. Surprisingly out of all the coins I own and the threads of coins I keep tabs on, this is the last coin I'd ever think about dumping considering the effort that's been put into it, and like notsofast says "it's very relaxed nature." If anything I regret not mining it on my pc more when the coin first came out and I was just learning about crypto. If you see any recent buy orders come up any time soon they might be from me.

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:50:38 PM

no problem man. You have a cool fun channel. I really like your setup. Like I said before I'm surprised it isn't more popular, but I guess your channel is in the same boat as a lot of others; if it isn't league of legends it isn't all that popular.

I imagine most developers only take payment in straight up btc. That usually seems to be the case in some of the threads for coins I've watched that don't have an active developer. If you can find someone willing to accept trollcoin more power to you. Most developers don't seem to keen on the idea of accepting a currency that may or may not have significant value in the near or distant future. I'd be willing to put up a mill as a contribution if you can find someone that would be willing to do it.
Regecide

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:04:57 PM

Maybe it'll do like mooncoin did.... 100mil coins at 1 satoshi and then it jumps to 1400 satoshi the next day.

Le sigh......
minecrew

Activity: 224

MineCrew

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:17:33 PM

I just want to post 1 message that I was here lol.  Grin

This coin is still alive, and 1369 is still alive too...  Kiss
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:31:03 PM

Well, there goes faking my death, THANKS A LOT!

I just want to post 1 message that I was here lol.  Grin

This coin is still alive, and 1369 is still alive too...  Kiss

TrollCoins (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 329

One coin to Troll them all

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:01:25 AM

If you wish to support Trollcoin but cannot do so by other means, these guys accept PayPal & coinpayments.net to crowdfund Trollcoin nodes at $50 a year

Regecide

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:09:30 PM

I thought TRL just lived under the nodes, for free, and beat up other nodes for coin.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:21:48 PM

on the subject of mining, i"m guessing by now you've seen the periods of slow block times. From studying block explorer data & using the wallet for some time I've come to 3 possible causes, listed from most likely to least:

1, difficulty does not adjust in tandem with hash rate at all times (there are periods that come & go), a coin core issue that would have to be solved with an update.
2, something to do with transactions placed on the chain, I notice there is almost always an additional time before a block is solved when that block contains additional transactions.
3, a miner may be attempting to troll the blockchain by some means, yet highly unlikely & only makes sense after smoking a fat blunt.

With that said, I'm putting the word out there that Trollcoin seeks a dedicated developer to help troubleshoot this potentially disruptive issue, but mainly because contracting outside developers is pricey & any digital currency needs a dedicated developer to be taken seriously. I would rather pay a developer to join the team for a substantial stake of my trolls & perhaps donations from other trollcoin enthusiasts, than pay an outsider to do work he/she is not invested in.

I've seen the slow block generation times but they haven't been too bad.

Any idea what coin the Trollcoin codebase was forked from? Looking into past issues with its parent fork might give some clues on whether it's something that needs fixing (/already has a fix on the parent?), or something that fixes itself with higher and/or stable nethash. Nethash jumps up and down quite a lot between 100-350 mh/s which is a pretty big variation and could be messing with the difficulty readjustment, and thus block times.

I know earlz (@earlzdotnet) will review a coin's code for $30-$50. If you think it would be helpful I'll hire him to do a review of the TRL codebase.

twitter.com/notsofast
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:55:05 PM

As I understand it but not confirmed (i can verify later today) the current Trollcoin codebase was forked from Donationcoin by Spencer Lievens who updated Trollcoin for us to 1.4 in exchange for a fee. The original Trollcoin code was most likely a sloppy fork of old Litecoin.

Definitely ask earlz, I'm happy to go in on the cost for an independent review. I'll confirm on the code fork source asap.

I've seen the slow block generation times but they haven't been too bad.

Any idea what coin the Trollcoin codebase was forked from? Looking into past issues with its parent fork might give some clues on whether it's something that needs fixing (/already has a fix on the parent?), or something that fixes itself with higher and/or stable nethash. Nethash jumps up and down quite a lot between 100-350 mh/s which is a pretty big variation and could be messing with the difficulty readjustment, and thus block times.

I know earlz (@earlzdotnet) will review a coin's code for $30-$50. If you think it would be helpful I'll hire him to do a review of the TRL codebase.

Regecide

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:17:58 PM

Lol 350mil trl. No.
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:43:29 AM

Lol 350mil trl. No.

Not sure what the point of that trade was other than to boost Bleutrade's volume or let us know someone's got 350 mil on the exchange. Either way. Bring it on! Duuuump!!!!

Regecide

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:32:14 AM

I think it was only 150 or so. Not sure how blue represents it... Assuming a 150 sell order filled from a 150 buy would show 300. Plus the biggest single wallet is  290.

Either way.... Do it every day so our name is on top, maybe we'll get new people.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: