Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:53:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A company just patented Bitcoin transactions via SMS  (Read 286 times)
WhalerMoon

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:46:19 AM

On the surface this seems ridiculous and shockingly broad. And without looking into the particulars of it, sure this patent will not hold up to scrutiny. I would actually bet money on this. I wonder if there is a place where I can do that; make bets on the validity of patents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barsharkol12

Activity: 197

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:10:34 AM

technology nowadays made life easy. for me using btc via sms is very convenient to those people who are not using internet.but this sms method is a little bit risky.there are a lot of cases which sms can easily be track and we are talking about here a lot of money and loosing is not good.
StephKram

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:39:25 AM

Each day the technology is becoming more and more powerful.  I think we are only a few years away form having the technology to take this mainstream.  This SMS breakthrough is going to be huge when it goes into action. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:48:30 AM

Hey OP,

You could have mentioned its bitmain and they're trying to have a monopoly on mining and have a vague IPO that may or may not die shortly.

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/08/23/bernstein-crypto-miner-bitmain-may-be-losing-its-edge/

Bitmain has likely been acquiring large amounts of Bitcoin Cash, posing a “major risk” as the Bitcoin offshoot’s value declines, Li said. Bitcoin Cash has tumbled by about 68% since the first week of May, versus a 30% drop in Bitcoin, according to Bloomberg composite pricing.

Nobody cares about their stupid patent and companies trying to create monopolies in bitcoin deserve to go under like bitmain will.

Yes but on the other hand if it helps others to use bitcoin without having to possibly use
A computer or an internet connection it would be positive, pity its pushed by bitmain.

Transactions via SMS look like an outdated feature for us, but this feature can be a bridge to get adoption from Generation X, in my country most of Generation X is still actively using SMS feature for their transactions, maybe with this feature we can get their adoption
About Generation X, yes I would agree that the older generation are still predominantly
Using SMS but are more likely to have a PC and Internet access and a smartphone.

Hmm, its a strange one and a bit archaic with a question over security i think.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:55:42 AM

A computer or an internet connection it would be positive, pity its pushed by bitmain.

I thought I'd clarify, the SMS patent was not filed by Bitmain, so don't bring out those pitchforks just yet lol. It was filed by US tech company Intuit:

https://www.pymnts.com/news/b2b-payments/2018/intuit-mobile-bitcoin-patent-cryptocurrency/

OP's article was a week's worth of news and it just happened to be headlined by Bitmain's IPO.

JamesCook

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:11:21 AM

I like to test new apps, it’s an engaging process for me. So I willingly wait for TalentSnap release J This platform builds zero-knowledge proof technology that will automate the hiring process. They will help to save plenty of money and time both for employers and employees! Cool
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:43:34 AM

I'm not sure that this can become a new Revolution, but it is also the positive news in our bank of positive news about bitcoin when the last drop will be dropped, it will spoil out.
Any change or adoption and integration is a big step forward. so the more change the better.
Femhab

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:05:12 AM

This is an awesome idea and it needs real development. If this can be done successfully then financial institutions will need to start thinking blockchain.

A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:36:39 PM

That is a good thing and news that you can transact through via SMS therefore we can easily access and transact to every country, I hope that will be happen in the future because now some government are not accept bitcoin to their countries.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:51:24 PM

This is an awesome idea and it needs real development. If this can be done successfully then financial institutions will need to start thinking blockchain.
To be honest I am not aware about it, but this is a great news that BTC is reaching its height day by day. This is how technology speaks money is a big concern for everyone. Definitely it's a big achievement as digital currency is trending everyday.

AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

Everybody is getting a patent out, but we still have to see results to see if they carry things through Shocked
gunungkembar

Activity: 550
Merit: 43

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:24:07 AM

I think such transactions are very long and too time-wasting, you can advise your company to use blockchain technology that has a very high speed when making transactions.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: