Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:21:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
TAKman

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:51:30 AM

Go find an attorney and ask him what it's going to cost you when you get your first federal court complaint. Keep fucking around with people's identities and you're going to find out pretty quick.  

BTW what's funny about this post is you're still here pumping this shit coin. I thought you were out, feeling bad about costing us all our money based on your stupid/fraudulent moves.

Your tears keep me here.

We're going to keep going with our original plan and obviously not try to get any major celeb supporter but rather move forward on the merits of the technology and it's potential for fundraising. New sites and information will be released later tonight and into tomorrow.

Wow, really? This is an actual response from a Dev? What are you, 17? I really wish this community would self-regulate somehow, I didn't realize it was that easy to create these shitcoins.

When people poke eventually everyone pokes back. He's an annoyance.

Big surprise Takei didn't want to be involved with these guys. Didn't he ask you to stop using his name?

Sure I'm annoying. People who get scammed out of money usually are when they realize they've been played.

What I find annoying is that you're still here promoting this coin.  At best your actions were negligent and at worst, fraudulent and people lost money because of these actions. You screwed up, not us.  I'm not about to hold hands under a LGBT flag, make a joke about it and pardon your behavior just because the coin is for a good cause.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snotty

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:48:08 AM

I was off for a day... Can someone explain who are behind the coin now?
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:52:50 AM

If you want spread FUD go somewhere else. Its at these levels you buy coins.
salstimda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:10:17 PM

[...]
funny thing is while the crash happened in IRC there were 2 or 3 guys begging for someone to rebrand this coin like nonstop, i told them who would buy into this old coin with a new name if there are a few giant bagholders and you cant be an early adopter anymore? but they wouldn't listen - and magically someone turned up with exactly this idea he had in mind for a long time already...sure sure how convenient...im not buying it.
[...]
hate to say i called it...
so the mysterious buyer vanished now or what?

from twitter:

Update on rebranding. Waiting to hear from buyer. IF buyer does not follow through we will rebrand ourselves and re-launch new and improved.

so first the coin is announced dead by the takeicoin founder. then he says someone wants to buy it and relaunch it and he will pass it along, then he says he will work together with them, then suddenly 3 days later he is waiting for a response from the buyer, but would relaunch the coin by himself anyway, with a "new and bigger team" :

also from twitter:

We won't let you down. Rest assured we will launch bigger and better. New, larger team. More coders. We're ready.

what larger team? you hired a larger team to relanuch the coin while you were trying to sell the coin to some other team at the same time? you explicitly stated on twitter you are still waiting to hear from the buyer but will relanuch with a larger team anyway if you don't hear from him...this is really ridiculous
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:25:50 PM

Speaking of acceptance - new miners are being accepted now! http://tak.majorminers.com/  Grin

jajunk77

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:09:54 PM

Go find an attorney and ask him what it's going to cost you when you get your first federal court complaint. Keep fucking around with people's identities and you're going to find out pretty quick.  

BTW what's funny about this post is you're still here pumping this shit coin. I thought you were out, feeling bad about costing us all our money based on your stupid/fraudulent moves.

Your tears keep me here.

We're going to keep going with our original plan and obviously not try to get any major celeb supporter but rather move forward on the merits of the technology and it's potential for fundraising. New sites and information will be released later tonight and into tomorrow.

Wow, really? This is an actual response from a Dev? What are you, 17? I really wish this community would self-regulate somehow, I didn't realize it was that easy to create these shitcoins.

Hello everyone, my name is Jajunk77 as in all I eat is jaJUNK food all day. I currently weigh about 240 lbs and I am 5'6. It's true, I haven't seen my toes since I was a teenager but I still love myself. I love myself to death, I love myself so much I will never allow myself to try to create anything and potentially fail. I feel much safer in my computer chair still breast feeding at 35 years old while growing pimples and ingrown hairs on my ass. Some of my hobbies include: eating cheetos, drinking yahoo, having the latest PC game to come out, sitting in chat rooms late at night and praying a middle aged overweight woman will show me her droopy tits while I pretend to be a 25 year old male model who doesn't still live at home with his mother, and lastly I like to criticize people who had the balls to create something such as a coin that donates to charity and helps in the fight for human rights.

Wow, cool story Jajunk77. Please shut your mouth, or cram a twinkie in it as you do during all 12 of your meals daily. We appreciate you taking your time to shed light on your feelings towards the devs comment. Although after all the effort the dev team put into this, all the useless nerds and whiners they have dealt with; I most likely would have just said hey TAKman....SHUT THE F@CK UP Smiley

TLDR
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:53:31 PM

[...]
funny thing is while the crash happened in IRC there were 2 or 3 guys begging for someone to rebrand this coin like nonstop, i told them who would buy into this old coin with a new name if there are a few giant bagholders and you cant be an early adopter anymore? but they wouldn't listen - and magically someone turned up with exactly this idea he had in mind for a long time already...sure sure how convenient...im not buying it.
[...]

from twitter:

Update on rebranding. Waiting to hear from buyer. IF buyer does not follow through we will rebrand ourselves and re-launch new and improved.

so first the coin is announced dead by the takeicoin founder. then he says someone wants to buy it and relaunch it and he will pass it along, then he says he will work together with them, then suddenly 3 days later he is waiting for a response from the buyer, but would relaunch the coin by himself anyway, with a "new and bigger team" :

also from twitter:

We won't let you down. Rest assured we will launch bigger and better. New, larger team. More coders. We're ready.

what larger team? you hired a larger team to relanuch the coin while you were trying to sell the coin to some other team at the same time? you explicitly stated on twitter you are still waiting to hear from the buyer but will relanuch with a larger team anyway if you don't hear from him...this is really ridiculous

I don't get you people. Always assuming negativity. Yes, someone was supposed to buy it, that didn't happen. So instead we are going to move forward with a new and bigger team that had expressed interest. How is this confusing? We won't just let the coin die so instead of passing it along we will take responsibility and work to bring it back.

In fact the potential buyer is on the forum and can chime in on this.

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:40:34 PM

Nobody that can answer this? Not even the old/new devs?

Sorry we have no clue why this would be and have had people not have any issues with this. If someone can replicate maybe we can figure it out.

I replicated it... same exact results.

Win 7 64 Ultimate
Friend replicated it as well, exact same results as I'm having..

Couldn't it be some kind of bug inside the wallet? Not being able to store it elsewhere is a big risk for the current environment I'm in...
DBomb

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:20:02 PM

Sorry we have no clue why this would be and have had people not have any issues with this. If someone can replicate maybe we can figure it out.

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Couldn't it be some kind of bug inside the wallet? Not being able to store it elsewhere is a big risk for the current environment I'm in...

Agreed.  Same issue on my end in both Windows 7 & 8.  Is there any word on this or the block explorer from the devs?
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:56:01 PM

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Agreed.  Same issue on my end in both Windows 7 & 8.  Is there any word on this or the block explorer from the devs?

Block explorer is still around. It will be linked again once we have the new site up. Should be today or tomorrow!

On the note of the wallet let me see what I can do. Our coders had issue identifying the problem but i'll copy all of this to them and see if we can get some answers. I'll keep you all updated.
LucD88

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:57:25 PM

Block explorer is still around. It will be linked again once we have the new site up. Should be today or tomorrow!

On the note of the wallet let me see what I can do. Our coders had issue identifying the problem but i'll copy all of this to them and see if we can get some answers. I'll keep you all updated.
Awesome, thank you! Will keep checking back for a reply.
xzhybbs

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:43:14 AM

I believe, the new TAK will return, and will become even stronger, because you insist! Please adhere to the concept of charity you, we will continue to support you!
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:20:46 AM

A little update on this. We believe we have found an issue and will work to fix it this weekend. Thank you for letting us know this is in fact widespread guys. We'll get back to you on any word from wallet devs.
mascondante
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:03:16 AM

Yes please keep this thing going.  I'm still not clear on what happened but this coin was a grand idea.  Even if George doesn't want any part of it you can still brand it after him.  RPC isn't endorsed.  He recognizes it's named after him, he's flattered but that's the extent of it.

salstimda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:01:09 AM

[...]
[...]

from twitter:

also from twitter:

I don't get you people. Always assuming negativity. Yes, someone was supposed to buy it, that didn't happen. So instead we are going to move forward with a new and bigger team that had expressed interest. How is this confusing? We won't just let the coin die so instead of passing it along we will take responsibility and work to bring it back.

you don't get it? you don't understand why this is ridiculous? i'll run it through for you very slowly, one more time.

1. you announce the coin is dead because takei and edie jumped off at more or less the same time. you remove twitter and homepage, tell people on IRC its over and then a few hours later wrote a statement of the end of takeicoin in the forum

2. a little later you claim someone wants to buy this coin and you are in talks with him, you edit the (takeicoin-is-dead-)posts reflecting this situation

3. after that you claim you will still be on board this project helping the new coin owners out

4. you are hyping up the coin again, bumping this thread and then 3 days later you claim the buyer doesn't respond anymore (like i forecast it), but you already have a new and bigger team and will relaunch this coin with the new and improved team, if the buyer doesn't follow through.

essentially you tried to sell off the coin project to someone, while at the same time you expanded your "team" to rebrand the coin yourself. this makes absolutely no sense to anyone who can actually use their brain for logical thought.

so i asked you a question. what larger team? what people are you talking about? and why did you expand your team while you were trying to sell the coin at the same time? how does this make any sense to you?
LucD88

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:46:46 AM

Agreed.  Same issue on my end in both Windows 7 & 8.  Is there any word on this or the block explorer from the devs?

A little update on this. We believe we have found an issue and will work to fix it this weekend. Thank you for letting us know this is in fact widespread guys. We'll get back to you on any word from wallet devs.
Great, looking forward to the fix! Smiley If that indeed fixes the issue, would you mind sharing what the issue exactly was? As there's a wallet from another coin that's having the same issue as well, would be great to pass it onto them with all credits going to TAK ofcourse! Cheesy
kaduwall

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:06:31 PM

Oh boy! I hope you guys are riding the train today, soon the pumps will start!

Betting at 300 ~ satoshis til tomorrow Cheesy
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

[...]
[...]

from twitter:

also from twitter:

you don't get it? you don't understand why this is ridiculous? i'll run it through for you very slowly, one more time.

1. you announce the coin is dead because takei and edie jumped off at more or less the same time. you remove twitter and homepage, tell people on IRC its over and then a few hours later wrote a statement of the end of takeicoin in the forum

2. a little later you claim someone wants to buy this coin and you are in talks with him, you edit the (takeicoin-is-dead-)posts reflecting this situation

3. after that you claim you will still be on board this project helping the new coin owners out

4. you are hyping up the coin again, bumping this thread and then 3 days later you claim the buyer doesn't respond anymore (like i forecast it), but you already have a new and bigger team and will relaunch this coin with the new and improved team, if the buyer doesn't follow through.

essentially you tried to sell off the coin project to someone, while at the same time you expanded your "team" to rebrand the coin yourself. this makes absolutely no sense to anyone who can actually use their brain for logical thought.

so i asked you a question. what larger team? what people are you talking about? and why did you expand your team while you were trying to sell the coin at the same time? how does this make any sense to you?

So basically what you're saying is the idea that someone is preparing ahead of time is confusing to you? We were trying to sell it to a forum member as is obvious by his posts. In the meantime I reached out to my contacts who had expressed interest and told them that if it doesn't go through we will continue with the coin.

The purchase didn't go through, therefore we are continuing with the coin as opposed to letting it die.

Again, not confusing.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:37:16 PM

Agreed.  Same issue on my end in both Windows 7 & 8.  Is there any word on this or the block explorer from the devs?

Great, looking forward to the fix! Smiley If that indeed fixes the issue, would you mind sharing what the issue exactly was? As there's a wallet from another coin that's having the same issue as well, would be great to pass it onto them with all credits going to TAK ofcourse! Cheesy

I'm at work right now but i'll check in on this when I get home.
Acejam

Activity: 124
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:38:37 PM

An interesting observation:

The TakeiCoin founders setup the charity fund in order to make donations. I'd like to state a couple facts:

1. The charity fund has currently received 198,829 TAK coins. The current balance is slightly less. See here: http://altexplorer.net/address/TL95WwokfV9kCYVq9Sz3UfTXRRsPnGmhUD
2. The TAK founders put out a press release stating they would donate a minimum of $10,000 to the Long Island GLBT Services Network. This entity was selected as the first to receive a donation from this fund.

I'd like to try and figure out how the number of $10,000 was reached. By stating their source of money (the fund) and the total USD amount in the press release (10,000), this implies that $10,000 USD is equal to about 198k TAK. (In the best case scenario)

10,000 / 198,829 = 0.05029447414613. This means 1 TAK coin is equal to ~$0.05.

Someone please show me where an individual or exchange would be willing to trade/pay at that rate.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: