Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:27:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are cryptocurrencies banned?  (Read 81 times)
Pecunia non olet (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:08:41 PM

Hello, I would like to know where are not cryptocurrencies allowed at all? And where only ICOs/bounties are forbidden?
I have heard that China and USA banned atleast ICOs right? And what about others?

Thank you for your comments!

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

I think most countries put cryptos in gray area, that is neither they are legal nor illegal. And where cryptos are totally illegal? The answer is simply no where. You can't ban cryptos, you can just ban the exchange sites in your country. People can still buy and sell cryptos through other methods and most importantly Govt. can't track such transactions, especially privacy focused coin transactions. So that's why most countries have left the situation as it is or researching to take further actions. China has banned crypto trading, but again, not the cryptos. And USA has not banned ICOs, they are just very strict. If an ICO doesn't follow SEC rules, then only they ban it.

restumaulana

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:29:42 PM

because they have not been able to meet sec demands in terms of security and privacy, as well as the amount of funds investors are exposed to hack attacks proved they are still weak in providing a secure platform and services

IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:34:55 PM

Very soon a big 20 summit will be held, where one of the issues will be devoted to crypto-currencies. I think that nothing important is important there, now in the world there are things more important than crypto-currencies, but I very much hope Japan and South Korea will say a lot of positive from the introduction of crypto currency in their states.
prockopenckoal

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:38:26 PM

There are countries where cryptocurrencies are banned,but these are absolutely unimportant countries for the whole world,with very old and stupid views of the world.Assume that the cryptocurrency almost anywhere not prohibited.
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 02:42:41 PM

Algeria, Ecuador, Banglades, Cambodia and Bolivia has prohobited cryptos, there are many zones with partial regulations to and some where banks cant use it, like Iran and Canada!

The total economical power of these contries are very small, so overall cryptos are allowed as a payment method.

ICO´s have different rules but that is not to interesting, since you can just launch the ICO from which ever country you like and it wont affect adaption as much as prohibiting use of crypto for payments..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

There is also many contries that is black listed from big exchanges. Bithumb for example recently banned the following countries for complying with new anti money laundering and terror FUD!
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Iran ,Iraq, North Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Yemen

Not the biggest contributors to the world economy either Smiley

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
Pecunia non olet (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:14:24 PM

Very interesting ideas, so I would like to keep this thread up. I hope other members here are also interested in this topic.

Algeria, Ecuador, Banglades, Cambodia and Bolivia has prohobited cryptos, there are many zones with partial regulations to and some where banks cant use it, like Iran and Canada!

The total economical power of these contries are very small, so overall cryptos are allowed as a payment method.

ICO´s have different rules but that is not to interesting, since you can just launch the ICO from which ever country you like and it wont affect adaption as much as prohibiting use of crypto for payments..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

There is also many contries that is black listed from big exchanges. Bithumb for example recently banned the following countries for complying with new anti money laundering and terror FUD!
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Iran ,Iraq, North Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Yemen

Not the biggest contributors to the world economy either Smiley
Many of these countries are to small and their economic is insignificant.
But why these countries banned? Do you know it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: