Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5830 ONLY AT 270MHash/s  (Read 2728 times)
mu50stang (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:35:19 PM

I have to Sapphire 5830 xtreme putting out 270 mhash/s each.  Running gui miner and msi afterburner.  Setting in afterburner show 875 core 620 mem.  Cant raise the core anymore.   The flags are -v -f 0 -w128.  Any help is great.  Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:39:10 PM

afterburner should be able to raise core more (and you probably want to drop memory to the 300s).  I haven't used afterburner but I know others are able to do much higher clock speeds with it.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:41:30 PM

Yes,  you have to edit the msiAfterburner.config file to allow the program to over/underclock.  search the boards it is all over.

I would run them 5830's at 920/300 easy.  should get 295 or more

edit:
I copied this from another post, I am not home to give you my config info.......

Code:
Here's the section you need to change in the MSIAfterburner.cfg file:

[ATIADLHAL]
EnableUnofficialOverclocking   = 1
UnofficialOverclockingEULA   = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode   = 2
AccessibilityCheckingPeriod   = 0

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3472

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:50:05 PM

for clocking the the sapphire xtreme 5830 try TRIXX

https://www.sapphireselectclub.com/ssc/TriXX/TriXX.aspx

mine (see sig) does 1040/354 for weeks on end. high 900s and up for core speed is almost a given with the sapphire extremes with proper cooling and a good PSU.
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:05:48 PM

Running gui miner and msi afterburner

What miner are you using though?

Try phoenix with phatk2 kernel.  I get 300+ with my 5830's.

BFI_INT VECTORS AGGRESSION=10-12 (as in, either 10, 11, or 12.... depends on the card)

try it.

edit: in fact try all the different miners and kernels and find which one works best.

edit2: make sure you are running latest versions
mu50stang (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:33:40 PM

Im trying to edit it and it says acces denied.
SMOKEU

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:41:20 AM

Have you quit the app you're running before trying to edit it?

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:52:30 AM

I had trouble with this too at first...  but BEFORE  you try and edit the file, you have to change the permissions of the file to give yourself write access.

the first time I ran into this, afterburner was using a copy of the file that I couldn't see after failing to save the edited version. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling afterburner to fix... 

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 07:15:33 AM

mine (see sig) does 1040/354 for weeks on end. high 900s and up for core speed is almost a given with the sapphire extremes with proper cooling and a good PSU.

+1 High 900's should be attainable without too much difficulty. Try memory at 350.

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:45:21 AM

Still, his hashrate is a tad low for his clocks. I found diablo to be faster than phoenix on my 5850, and bitminter (https://bitminter.com/) to be a tad faster than diablo even (and a lot easier to use). But mitminter's mining app only works on bitminters pool but that isnt necessarily bad, considering the freebies they are giving out. Bitminter is a java app launching from the browser, so its easy to give it a try. Be sure to click the tweak button and set the interval to 10 or so if you want a responsive desktop.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 09:32:46 AM

Still, his hashrate is a tad low for his clocks. I found diablo to be faster than phoenix on my 5850, and bitminter (https://bitminter.com/) to be a tad faster than diablo even (and a lot easier to use). But mitminter's mining app only works on bitminters pool but that isnt necessarily bad, considering the freebies they are giving out. Bitminter is a java app launching from the browser, so its easy to give it a try. Be sure to click the tweak button and set the interval to 10 or so if you want a responsive desktop.

True up until bitminter.. Only because I'm wondering if anyone has checked their lil java code to see if it is just adding a few %hash to the reported hash to make it look faster? It just seems otherwise the mining app writers here would have snagged up the optimizations by now...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 09:47:57 AM

+1 High 900's should be attainable without too much difficulty. Try memory at 350.

I use Trixx with 940/1300 and get around 260 with win7 and guiminer. I haven't tried phoenix yet since I enabled OC.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 09:58:45 AM

I use Trixx with 940/1300 and get around 260 with win7 and guiminer. I haven't tried phoenix yet since I enabled OC.

You have your memory clock @ 1300 ? If, that is correct.....why so high? Also, I am using GUIminer as well. Extra Flags: -v -w128 -f15

I have a 5830 (Non-Extreme version) GPU/980, Mem/600 GPU Voltage 1174 with 303.8-308.3 Mhash/s

The other 4 5830s I am running are the Extreme version, also using GUIminer, same flags, lower voltage, higher GPU clocks 990-1000, Memory/350 and they are
all avg/around 310Mhash/s

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 10:03:35 AM

True up until bitminter.. Only because I'm wondering if anyone has checked their lil java code to see if it is just adding a few %hash to the reported hash to make it look faster? It just seems otherwise the mining app writers here would have snagged up the optimizations by now...

Bitminter isnt opensource. If you like, you could reverse engineer it, its just non obfuscated java code, but it might be illegal to use that code. As for the hashrates being accurate. If they are inaccurate than he is paying me too much Smiley I suppose in theory its possible, but it seems unlikely for a lot of reasons. Feel free to scrutinize his app, if you find something you'll destroy his credibility and business. I dont think you'll find any foul play.

stryker

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:51:28 PM

interesting, using linux (BAMT) @995 core and 325 ram I get around 322Mh/s
P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:19:29 PM

Code is obfuscated so verification is impossible (well not impossible but difficult and time consuming).

I thought it wasnt. But maybe Im wrong. Either way, if he is cheating with his hashrates, its an expensive lie since I get paid for my hashes whether I use his client or another.

sadpandatech

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Code is obfuscated so verification is impossible (well not impossible but difficult and time consuming).

I thought it wasnt. But maybe Im wrong. Either way, if he is cheating with his hashrates, its an expensive lie since I get paid for my hashes whether I use his client or another.

Displaying a slightly higher hash rate would not increase your accepted shares rate. just sayin. ;p

Only sure fire way to test it would be to test say 1k+ share submissions with another site with same card settings against that one...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:38:12 PM

Displaying a slightly higher hash rate would not increase your accepted shares rate. just sayin. ;p

Im hardly a bitcoin expert, but as I understand it, in order to fake the hashrate without him losing money in the process, there would be a mismatch between the number of accepted shares as seen on his pool statistics page, and what I see on my client. Either that, or a mismatch between the hashrate and the number of shares processed. Either would seem trivial to check.  Its also not likely he is using fake rejected shares to boost his hashrate, as I currently have zero rejected out of 1100 shares (dont know what it was before I had to reboot to switch OSs, but its low).

Anyway, nothing wrong with some paranoia, but it doesnt seem fair to make such accusations without proof or even probably cause. Its not like bitminter is 2x faster.

P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 05:54:09 PM

average shares per hour can be calculated from the difficulty but even on a "correct" miner the actual number of shares will vary significantly.  A variance of 10% in an hour isn't unusual. If hypothetically bitminter was reporting shares 2% higher than normal it would fall within this 10% natural variance.

Agreed, but dont forget you can use a different miner on the same pool. If the bitminter app artificially inflates its reported hashrate, the pool operator would lose money to people using different miners that report accurate numbers. Or am I confused?

If you are inferring he could lie about the numbers of shares per block (something I think you can verify, but feel free to correct me on that?), then you could make the same argument for any pool.

sadpandatech

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 02:17:53 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2011, 11:41:45 AM by sadpandatech

I apologize if what I had said made it seem I was trying to suggest Bitminter of cheating. I do not personally feel they are but was only wanting to point out that it would be possible with the small percentage increase making it nearly impossible to prove without one wasting a lot of time trying to verify and calculate. My main point, and I should have been much more clear was simply that Bitminter was not necessarily the solution to the OP's issue.  I will say you two certainly debate better than I do.  Thank you, Death for explaining the technical aspects much better than I could of my paranoid suggestion. And thank you, P4man for defending what was perceived as an unfounded accusation from my suggestion against Bitminter.

Now, has the op tried any of the other miners to see if he can get a better hash rate? Also, OP have you checked your task manager to see what your cpu usage is at while mining. It should be very low, 1% or less with most GPU miners these days and would indicate an issue with your miner of choice if it is much higher.

Guiminer is not an actual miner, it is just the interface to allow you choice of several different miners. If you check the part where is says 'Ext. Path:', just above the server pull down menu, the very last thing will be the miner executable. I.e 'phoenix.exe', etc. Knowing what that is might help better determine where your lower hash rate issue is at exactly.

- GA

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: