Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:45:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin leaves. Who would benefit?? ETC is my bet  (Read 426 times)
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:55:11 PM

Let's imagine Vitalik Buterin just left the game.
Reason is irrelevat; either him not being happy with the ico scam shitfest ethereum has become, or personal commitments, and so on. But say he decided to leave ethereum today.

In such a scenario, obviously ETH price would take a nosedive of -30% to -60% as what happened previously could suggest (when someone spread the false rumor he was killed in a car accident).

But what I want to discuss which other coin would instead raise in price and I think one here has to analyze ethereum competition.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).

EOS - too centralized
ADA - still just a promise
NEO - progress has been too slow
KMD - I like this one but still can't compare to ETC

Your guess?
Ethereum is definitely one of my bet i like it its more stable especially this past few weeks. But personally I dont think he will leave he might add more investment to other altcoins that are popular and more lively to keep in the game of cryptocurrency but not leave,  i really dont think he will leave.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:55:16 PM

I think and believe that EOS will take the place. Yes it is a bit more centralized but its blockchain technology is much accepted and faster than other. However, ETC and ADA also have the ability to take the place.
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

Your topic is a bit misleading.  It's better to say "If Vitalik Buterin leaves... "
I doubt ETC can take the place of Ethereum because I'm yet to see ETC make an headway.  There are others that are coming up like Waves.

Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:26:10 PM

Would you leave a promising project? I think that this will never happen. Eth is the second most popular coin in the cryptocurrency world. We see that the number of forks has increased since last year, but now no one is interested in losing the already declining capitalization. It seems to me that Vitalik will look for any compromise not to divide the coin.
X-avier

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:30:04 PM

I agree with the opinion of the author of the topic. ETC is a highly undervalued coin and its value in the market does not reflect its real value, since the market is just speculation and no single coin can be properly estimated by experts. This year, or rather in the summer, ETC has a lot of events, after that we'll see where this coin turns out to be.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:42:52 PM

Reason is irrelevat; either him not being happy with the ico scam shitfest ethereum has become, or personal commitments, and so on. But say he decided to leave ethereum today.

In such a scenario, obviously ETH price would take a nosedive of -30% to -60% as what happened previously could suggest (when someone spread the false rumor he was killed in a car accident).

But what I want to discuss which other coin would instead raise in price and I think one here has to analyze ethereum competition.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).

EOS - too centralized

Your guess?
So, the bad false news that spreads about ETH often has a bad effect on the course. I like ETH and I see no reason why Vitalik Buterin should leave the team. He and the whole team earn good money in the project, so I do not think that he will go.
youngsblin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:45:51 PM

Neither NEO nor the KMD and ETC are not competitors to Ethereum,I would be considered only EOS and ADA alternatively without mining's, etc.
makladun

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:46:01 PM

I think and believe that EOS will take the place. Yes it is a bit more centralized but its blockchain technology is much accepted and faster than other. However, ETC and ADA also have the ability to take the place.
I am agree with you. EOS looks like the next blockchain after Etherium and probably will take it place in the nearest years. But I do not think that we will have sudden drop of ETH even if Vitalik will leave the project.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:02:21 PM

This is an unlikely scenario obviously, but Bitcoin will benefit the most if he does leave and the reasons are also pretty obvious. Many investors would lose interest in altcoins once Ethereum falls leading to a disapproval of altcoins themselves and Bitcoin's popularity as a legitimate cryptocurrency would peak even further helping it reach unprecedented highs. Investors would cautiously invest in all altcoins going forward and snatch up Bitcoins whenever possible. This is what I truly believe would happen, but Vitalik is not someone who would simply abandon his own coin out of the blue.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:59:53 AM

EOS - too centralized

Your guess?
I don't think it will happen, but the only reason Buterin left Ethereum is the day he will die and it is still too long and by that time I guess that Ethereum have already a solid foundation like Bitcoin that doesn't need the lead developer to exist.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:28:37 AM

I think, like the case with Bitcoin, when Satoshi leaves, because we're continuing to work and grow without him, and with Ehtereum it would be just the same, it is not dependidng on the person.

Then why did ETH price plummeted that day some rumors spread online about his demise in a car accident?
The market cares about him being part of Ethereum, and this is a vulnerability of ETH.
ETC doesn't have such one-man-project thing issue.

Because the market sees Vitalik as it's "CEO" in a sense, so that's the logical market reaction. IMO it's not much of a vulnerability, even more of an advantage I believe. People has the tendency to put their money on people rather than concepts abstract to them like in BTCBTCBTC.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:54:10 AM

My faith in ETC has been going on for a year and I still have it in my portfolio. This is a rare situation when you realize the prospects of the coin and expect the inevitable growth. Absolutely no doubt. Because the decision of coinbase was not a surprise for me. ETC can certainly replace Etherum.
Tyr808 (OP)

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:22:36 AM

I think, like the case with Bitcoin, when Satoshi leaves, because we're continuing to work and grow without him, and with Ehtereum it would be just the same, it is not dependidng on the person.

Then why did ETH price plummeted that day some rumors spread online about his demise in a car accident?
The market cares about him being part of Ethereum, and this is a vulnerability of ETH.
ETC doesn't have such one-man-project thing issue.

Because the market sees Vitalik as it's "CEO" in a sense, so that's the logical market reaction. IMO it's not much of a vulnerability, even more of an advantage I believe. People has the tendency to put their money on people rather than concepts abstract to them like in BTCBTCBTC.

Why you think it's an advantage?
If something happens to Vitalik or he leaves, the price will suffer dramatically. That's a vulnerability

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:16:08 PM

The team of Ethereum consists not only of Vitalik. This is a very large-scale project which is not so much attached to the personality of Vitalik as before. I think that this project will exist and develop actively with any leader. But I'll never believe that Buterin can ever leave Ethereum by himself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: