Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211653 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nelberg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:42:53 AM

Every exchange that has been "hacked" have given back alt coins.

Yup this is how it needs to be said every time, "hacked" in quotes. All around the same time every exchange was "hacked" because each one
saw the one before getting away with a huge profit with a sob story, meanwhile doing nothing apparently to increase security, hell even mtgox
suddenly "found" a ton of their bitcoins right? Sorry but I'm not buying the "we was hacked" story at all anymore from any of them, let's not forget
all these exchanges are based in 3rd world holes where they will use their kids to rob you soon as you step off the plane.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magicbuttons

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:43:30 AM

You have THREE HOURS LEFT to return 1,362,686 DOGE to DK6X3t77BhxQojv3v5cvvHMgd2PXyeYUh3
TICK TOCK!
multibit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:49:59 AM

I heard about this incident on btc-e trollbox and came to have a look.

On the homepage it now has this message which is a good sign.

Please do not deposit any kind of coins.

Please cancel all orders and request a withdrawal.

CoinMarket.io will be shut down when the problems are solved.

With regards to exchanges and I have been involved in a couple, (even investigated doing my own) security is a big concern. There is 2 coins hackers and scammers are concerned with
and that is bitcoins and litecoins. Don't listen to the noise regarding alt coins. Every exchange that has been "hacked" have given back alt coins. This is includes freshmarket.io, openex etc and everytime
the hacker is demanding ransom in order to have btc/ltc returned which does not make any sense at all.

With the Poloniex hack where 12.3 btc was stolen it only affected the btc that was in the system at that time. IE Lets says I had btc on poloniex before the hack then I would be affected, however btc deposited after the hack was not affected.

What remains a mystery is the plan for the bitcoins that were deposited after the hack like others are starting to query. Coinmarket has made it clear that they are involved in negotiations for btc
that was deposited during and before the exploit.

So possible reasons why btc deposited after the hack haven't been returned?

1. They plan on using all btc to lessen the damage to the rest of the people that had btc stolen. So everyone gets a smaller amount back even if you deposit btc now.
2. They are going to return all btc back once the negotiations for making up the lost btc has been concluded.
3. You will never get your btc back.

Does anyone know how much bitcoins have been stolen?

This is a really interesting scenario playing out here and definitely will come back to read updates. Lets hope this story ends well for everyone and that the bitcoins are returned.

What is your personal thoughts on this matter since you experience with exchanges?

Well you have to look at the facts and the facts point to the exchange being a scam to me, a scam to steal bitcoins. Below are my reasons:

1. Taken way way way too long to sort out with no information about the incident until now.
2. Only when Kenneth's identity was exposed was some action taking place, when Kenneth was no longer able to take the pressure on his own he pointed out the other person involved.
3. Since this person Kiur has been exposed a lot more action has taken place in the last couple days then in the last month.
4. The Alt coins were always there to give back, why only now?
5. Bitcoins deposited after the hack/scam took place have not been given back to the traders, exchange owner keeps dodging this question.

I think your bitcoins are gone personally and I am 99% sure I won't be proven wrong which is unfortunate for everyone here.

What is the worst thing coinmarket.io would fear ?
tombcoin

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:35:29 PM

Things are finally moving forward, please stay patient.
Over 400 stuck withdrawals got processed today - alot more coming.

We are amazed about the number of people who have not attempted to withdraw their coins.
Please cancel all orders and request a withdrawal - and let us handle everything else.[/size][/b]

So how do I have to request a withdrawl?
Just withdraw to my wallet?
When I c/p the verification link it shows me a poor: "It's not happening."
Withdraw tested with small amount shows status: pending
So how do I get my MINT coins out?

I have only Mint-coins deposited and that was just this week.
lg t.
GumboToGumbo

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:49:10 PM

With regards to exchanges and I have been involved in a couple, (even investigated doing my own) security is a big concern. There is 2 coins hackers and scammers are concerned with
and that is bitcoins and litecoins. Don't listen to the noise regarding alt coins. Every exchange that has been "hacked" have given back alt coins. This is includes freshmarket.io, openex etc and everytime
the hacker is demanding ransom in order to have btc/ltc returned which does not make any sense at all.

With the Poloniex hack where 12.3 btc was stolen it only affected the btc that was in the system at that time. IE Lets says I had btc on poloniex before the hack then I would be affected, however btc deposited after the hack was not affected.

What remains a mystery is the plan for the bitcoins that were deposited after the hack like others are starting to query. Coinmarket has made it clear that they are involved in negotiations for btc

So possible reasons why btc deposited after the hack haven't been returned?

1. They plan on using all btc to lessen the damage to the rest of the people that had btc stolen. So everyone gets a smaller amount back even if you deposit btc now.
2. They are going to return all btc back once the negotiations for making up the lost btc has been concluded.
3. You will never get your btc back.

Does anyone know how much bitcoins have been stolen?

This is a really interesting scenario playing out here and definitely will come back to read updates. Lets hope this story ends well for everyone and that the bitcoins are returned.

What is your personal thoughts on this matter since you experience with exchanges?

Well you have to look at the facts and the facts point to the exchange being a scam to me, a scam to steal bitcoins. Below are my reasons:

1. Taken way way way too long to sort out with no information about the incident until now.
2. Only when Kenneth's identity was exposed was some action taking place, when Kenneth was no longer able to take the pressure on his own he pointed out the other person involved.
3. Since this person Kiur has been exposed a lot more action has taken place in the last couple days then in the last month.
4. The Alt coins were always there to give back, why only now?
5. Bitcoins deposited after the hack/scam took place have not been given back to the traders, exchange owner keeps dodging this question.

I think your bitcoins are gone personally and I am 99% sure I won't be proven wrong which is unfortunate for everyone here.

What is the worst thing coinmarket.io would fear ?

A legit exchange would only fear being hacked or exploited... and obviously having time wasters pretending they made deposits or withdrawals.  A legit exchange would communicate the issue straight away like Poloniex did with there hack.

The Coinmarket story has kept evolving from what I can see.

What should the they fear?

1. Did they steal from someone they shouldn't of? I am sure they did a background check on the users registering on there exchange.
2. Being put under investigation, everything of yours gets monitored, which means never being able to withdraw the bitcoins.
3. Getting a criminal record --> National and International
4. Disappointing family and friend as they find out over media what has occurred.

Ultimately it will be hard to enjoy your bitcoins and you could end up having money but living a lonely life where no one trusts you.

So getting this out onto major publications, media is what I would fear in this case. You have there details so time the community lets loose.

The major proof that this is a scam is bitcoins that were deposited after the "Hack" have not been credited back to the users and the alt coin returns yesterday was just to buy more time.
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:02:40 PM

You have THREE HOURS LEFT to return 1,362,686 DOGE to DK6X3t77BhxQojv3v5cvvHMgd2PXyeYUh3
TICK TOCK!

After reading GumbotoGumbos comments I am sure you don't have to wait any longer.

The major proof that this is a scam is bitcoins that were deposited after the "Hack" have not been credited back to the users and the alt coin returns yesterday was just to buy more time.

Amazing how they do keep dodging this point about bitcoins deposited after trading stopped have vanished, I am calling bullshit on this exchange and I don't even have coins here.
doodles

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:04:37 PM

Really??? Where the FUCK did you read that?  WHERE have they been CLEAR about ANYTHING, let alone the resolution of missing BTC?  They have thrown out camouflage crap posts about minor crap-coin withdrawals with almost no clarity about ANYTHING that matters.  They may be innocent incompetent cowards in the best case scenario, but I see no "clarity" from them whatsoever.
rizardus

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:05:01 PM

hey coinmarket.io Smiley

as i said i will make your life harder - and i will post your full current adress here if u dont send my btc

im not kidding and for prof of it i can say that u moved to Australia so.. better just send my btc that u stolen from me - yes you stolen because i deposited it after someone stole btc from other ppl ...

your choice - my acc name rizardek
GumboToGumbo

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:23:25 PM

Really??? Where the FUCK did you read that?  WHERE have they been CLEAR about ANYTHING, let alone the resolution of missing BTC?  They have thrown out camouflage crap posts about minor crap-coin withdrawals with almost no clarity about ANYTHING that matters.  They may be innocent incompetent cowards in the best case scenario, but I see no "clarity" from them whatsoever.

You can read there last posts they made. I am not saying it's the truth but they have been caught out by the btc deposits made after the exchange was shutdown for trading which have not been returned to users. Even if you don't have bitcoins or your bitcoins were part of the "hack" you should also get behind the question above because this proves a lot about what the real situation is with the exchange.

Why aren't the bitcoin deposits and withdraws not being returned to users after the "hack", why if I make a bitcoin deposit today will they not be returned?

Anyways I am not here to argue with people, I have lost nothing here, I am just giving my opinion. Bye bye
multibit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

hey coinmarket.io Smiley

as i said i will make your life harder - and i will post your full current adress here if u dont send my btc

im not kidding and for prof of it i can say that u moved to Australia so.. better just send my btc that u stolen from me - yes you stolen because i deposited it after someone stole btc from other ppl ...

How you sure ? VPN perhaps
jamezzblond

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:09:01 PM

GIVE ME MY BTC PLSS I WAITING TOOO LONG OMG!!!!!

Sun Feb 23 2014 07:42:44   1.979   BTC      credited
Transaction id: 340a642621938cdb296f632a1fa882ff2a40f98b7dd5c3058e1d9e139527df57

Fri Mar 07 2014 05:39:40   1.9789   BTC   108.162.254.14*   confirmed
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:11:32 PM

So Coinmarket, we need to know the answer about same bitcoins deposited and withdrawn after the exploit? Surely users that have this situation should not be affected?
You can clearly see who deposited after 1st March by checking the timestamp column for bitcoin deposits in your database.
coinmarket.io (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:11:50 PM

The dogecoin wallet will be online in ~24 hours (or less). Downloading the blockchain.
We are not sure wtf is happening with the server, but its very sluggish today.
We didnt find any deposit records associated with your account, yet there is that withdrawal request.
How did you get the coins in the first place, was there any support involved? Your coins will be returned.

About BTC - we stated three things somewhere near page 146:

1) No withdrawals were disabled at any point. This means that any deposited coins turned into withdrawable coins.
Stopping withdrawals whatsoever would have created alot more problems.

2) There is no technical way to reject incoming coins. Its not safe to just automatically send them back to origin address.

3) Our goal is to process ALL withdrawal requests. We are negotiating getting BTC from other sources.

Another 350 withdrawal requests (in pending status) are waiting to get processed today. Attempting to credit all stuck deposits right now.
jinni7241500aa

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:16:09 PM

hey coinmarket.io Smiley

The security problem is very troubling
He is really safe?
I really don't trust Angry

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eMCxi5oLMPEw778dvh7voARyTR8j9mQpPY
TamiLee

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:17:17 PM

The dogecoin wallet will be online in ~24 hours (or less). Downloading the blockchain.
We are not sure wtf is happening with the server, but its very sluggish today.
We didnt find any deposit records associated with your account, yet there is that withdrawal request.
How did you get the coins in the first place, was there any support involved? Your coins will be returned.

1) No withdrawals were disabled at any point. This means that any deposited coins turned into withdrawable coins.

2) There is no technical way to reject incoming coins. Its not safe to just automatically send them back to origin address.

3) Our goal is to process ALL withdrawal requests. We are negotiating getting BTC from other sources.

Another 350 withdrawal requests (in pending status) are waiting to get processed today. Attempting to credit all stuck deposits right now.

Thank you for the additional info, but what about bitcoin deposits that were made after 1st March and then withdrawn after 1st March where people have stuck withdrawals?
You can see in your database who those people are by looking at the timestamp column for deposits in your database.

edit: I know someone posted this information recently, going to have a look for example.
kmargar

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:18:27 PM

Another 350 withdrawal requests (in pending status) are waiting to get processed today. Attempting to credit all stuck deposits right now.[/size]

What about the confirmed but never sent and no TxID RDDs (due to wrong fork)?
jinni7241500aa

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:22:09 PM

So is it a fact these guys ran off or what?

I finally decided to withdraw the coins I had left on here...got them back.

Really
Really very sad at leaving many people
What should I do

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eMCxi5oLMPEw778dvh7voARyTR8j9mQpPY
TamiLee

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Transaction id: 340a642621938cdb296f632a1fa882ff2a40f98b7dd5c3058e1d9e139527df57

Since this deposit was made before the hack you are negotiating a deal for these users, now this is a example where someone should have bitcoins returned because deposit and
withdraw done after hack. What is the deal with people in this situation?

The site will be closing monday
Who said that?
and I have a bad feeling this was a ploy to keep the community satisfied until then.
Not true.

Processing more withdrawals now, more information coming soon.

What about stuck redd deposits coinmarket.io? I posted my info and TX earlier today!

No disrespect but we need to see coinmarkets hand regarding btc deposits and withdrawals made after trade was stopped, anything btc dep/with in March was not part of the exploit.

I would personally qualify for the above, I made a desposit.

Tue Mar 04 2014 14:47:31   1.861201   BTC      credited
Transaction id: a5017b45030dd8ea531e5456aaf501e5105c8f68b83fc005ce98422df31fd3f4

Withdrawal.
Fri Mar 07 2014 15:18:25   1.861128   BTC   confirmed

Will confirm once the btc has come through to the destination.

The above user Viperbass should be getting his coins back as he was not affected by hack where jamezzblond would of been?
I hope you understand the question now?
C3ALL

Activity: 140

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

hey coinmarket.io Smiley

Excellent, that would make it much easier for me to speak with their police departments. No interpretation needed.  Feel free to drop me any further unformation you have on this guy and Ill see if the Aussie police want to talk to me Smiley

Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:31:32 PM

Since this deposit was made before the hack you are negotiating a deal for these users, now this is a example where someone should have bitcoins returned because deposit and
withdraw done after hack. What is the deal with people in this situation?

The site will be closing monday
Who said that?
and I have a bad feeling this was a ploy to keep the community satisfied until then.
Not true.

Processing more withdrawals now, more information coming soon.

What about stuck redd deposits coinmarket.io? I posted my info and TX earlier today!

No disrespect but we need to see coinmarkets hand regarding btc deposits and withdrawals made after trade was stopped, anything btc dep/with in March was not part of the exploit.

I would personally qualify for the above, I made a desposit.

Tue Mar 04 2014 14:47:31   1.861201   BTC      credited
Transaction id: a5017b45030dd8ea531e5456aaf501e5105c8f68b83fc005ce98422df31fd3f4

Withdrawal.
Fri Mar 07 2014 15:18:25   1.861128   BTC   confirmed

Will confirm once the btc has come through to the destination.

The above user Viperbass should be getting his coins back as he was not affected by hack where jamezzblond would of been?
I hope you understand the question now?

Great find TamiLee, this is exactly what I want to find out, how could Viperbass coins have been withdrawn when btc withdrawals were already failing at that point...

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: