Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211663 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
multibit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:13:38 AM

CoinMarket.io status update

1. What happened?

We got exploited. Somewhat. The majority of coins were saved by cold storage and a quick reaction.
A couple of users abused a bug in the trading engine allowing them to create coins (increase balance) out of nothing.
Do you remember the day when KARM/BTC 24h volume was 400+ out of the blue? That volume came from those malicious users trading.
When we noticed the problem, we stopped all trading to investigate the situation.
Unfortunately, we failed to find the bug fast enough to resume normal operation and cover the losses from fees.
The new trading engine (rewritten) still suffers from this unknown-to-us issue, this is why we have not resumed any trading.
Meanwhile, we allowed all withdrawals to happen - because it was the right thing to do.
Because of high withdrawal volumes, the wallets ran out of normal unspent inputs and started to combine too many small inputs for withdrawals.
There is a limit of inputs/outputs in a cryptocurrency transaction.
If the wallet software (the official stuff that everybody uses) chooses or attepts to choose too many inputs,
the transaction will fail with "Transaction too large" or "Transaction creation failed" error.
It has nothing to do with insufficent balance. This problem was caused by miners who mined directly to the deposit address, creating tens of thousands of small inputs.
The default algo for choosing transaction inputs (coin selection) is not designed for exchanges. We need to create some code that does some raw transaction magic.
Also, some coins have landed on an invalid fork - because we were too busy with other issues. We will update all coindaemons tonight.
Everything has taken too much time because multiple problems hit us at the same time and debugging the situation was not so simple.

2. What is the solution? What are you doing now?

We have manually processed some withdrawals, but that process is too slow.
An automatic script will be running tomorrow - it will hopefully process the stuck withdrawals.
If your withdrawal status changes to "manual", it means that we manually processed it.
If your withdrawal status changes to "fixed", it means that the automatic routine processed it.
We will publish statistics when avalible - after the script runs.

Please stop any accusations and threats against Kenneth Bjørke - he is just hosting the web servers.
The hosting of coinmarket.io by Kenneth will be terminated when the dust settles and all possible withdrawals are processed.

We will be posting lists of withdrawals that got fixed.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.
More detailed information coming after the automatic process runs.

I hope this means I'll get my DGB back... Don't just give hope and dissapear again, please. I've sent you a detailed PM about the issue, but I bet it's been burried in the huge pile of complaints and support requests.

This is just another empty promise with loads of jargon to try to make to make you wait while they figure out how to steal and get away with it.

It seems like they are paying out small amounts and keeping the big ones. This way they piss off as little people as possible.

Still, better than nothing. They've pissed enough people already..

Their action is very similiar to MTGox. Delay withdraw for long period of time. Blame of it technical issues. Selectively process withdraw to keep the noise down. Make up new technical problems. I hope they won't come to the same ending before they give me my money back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Volatile

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:26:21 AM

Withdrew BTC, Karma, USDE, and CON. Obviously not a scam.
multibit

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:29:22 AM

Either this is from coinmarket.io or your btc amount is tiny.
multibit

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:37:58 AM

Name:   Volatile
Activity:   2
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   March 13, 2014, 07:29:20 PM
Last Active:   Today at 03:32:35 AM

So lame coinmarket.io !!!
multibit

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:55:11 AM

Name:   Volatile
Activity:   2
Date Registered:   March 13, 2014, 07:29:20 PM
Last Active:   Today at 03:32:35 AM

So lame coinmarket.io !!!

At this point I am 95% certain, coinmarket.io is a scam. It is a matter of whether when they would shutdown. As for the remaining 5%, it is wishful thinking I might get my BTC back by pure luck.

I seriously urge you guys with technical skills to dig out the people behind coinmarket.io. This is the only way to ever get your money back.
korila123

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:48:28 AM

okay,,i was new,,,i just made mint deposit,

and found out site is not working at this moment,

any chance i will get my coins back?
multibit

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:55:28 AM

okay,,i was new,,,i just made mint deposit,

and found out site is not working at this moment,

any chance i will get my coins back?

If it is not substantial you will most likely give it back. They are not interested in stealing altcoins.
Zulandio

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:08:22 AM

I just wish people demanded more communication and accountability. I mean, I saw this guy screaming at a pizza dude because there wasn't enough pepperoni... But on here, people write terribly rude things toward people who are legitimately afraid for the security of their investment. There has been a lot of drama in the crypto world and rather than attack each other, we ought to attack the exchanges who are treating us like children. Is it because we act like children on these forums? Perhaps. The reason why they choose to not communicate is not important. The lack of importance placed on their clientele is obvious. We deserve a 2-3 word update.

We (investors) are grooming these exchanges to be the future of finance. We need to stop bending over and start standing up.

I beg of you people to start making demands on these exchanges for the sake of our future. It seems smart to vote with your money for the exchanges that will go above and beyond. Time will tell. In the end, I hope that our losses become the martyrs of progress.

In transparency I trust.

I understand you being concerned, but you only have yourself to blame. To have US$5000 on a site that is clearly marked as in BETA !

I've been using the site but quickly depositing, trading then moving my funds back out. Clearly you do not understand the premise of BETA. It's unfortunate that google has given people the wrong idea of what beta really is. Beta means code that is under development and not meant for production use.

So seeing the site marked as BETA I'm careful not to have too many eggs in the basket, and no more then I am willing to loose.

If you are using the site for volume trading your on the wrong site or be willing to loose what ever is there.

Once the site is at RC1 I would expect, more and better communication from the developers.

I just think your on the wrong site for your needs at this time.
+1,

btw they updated their Twitter account:
<<New engine now in the testing stage.>>

You think that using an exchange from an anti-crypto anti-internet communist country is safer?
I recently lost coins on coinmarket.io

"Teenager makes a website called imayloseyourmoney.com - Gets rich" People on the internet think that BETA is an excuse for theft.

Regulations will ensnare the community if the community doesn't start demanding a higher standard of business, showing that we are a self governing group. We are all blaming each other for being stupid and trusting exchanges. In essence, by lazily pointing fingers at each other for trusting this or that exchange, we are destroying our chance to create dialogue and start demanding what we deserve.

Tell me the last fully functional website/game/program/operating system that was released after BETA testing - still containing massive flaws. Stop picking on each other and start demanding that exchanges grow up. I have faith that an exchange will emerge to cripple the current options. The community will eventually realize how lazily these current sites were thrown together.
Its time to create a classy exchange.

If we don't need the government to step in then its time for us to step up.

http://www.dinkypage.com/1245171

There is an exchange that has a higher standard as far as I"m concerned. I was in the chat when he found out he had been hacked. He told us immediately how much was stolen. He then Immediately made statement of how it happened and how it would never happen again. He then tool 12.3 % of everyone's BTC and said he will pay us back. And I have gotten some of that money back and I have a balance of what is owed to me on top of my wallets page. He is in the chat room once a day asking questions. When a new coin shows up he has give a ways for it. The site has a nice look to it candle charts ETC. I just realized.. You may already know this! IF you don't though check them out.
huihui888

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:26:52 AM

Username: huihui888 withdrawal 1338734.87950001 USDE has not arrived wallet, transaction ID is not displayed on the site, the request for verification.

Click this following link to confirm your 1338734.87950001 USDE withdrawal to GXRA6XNpE2zjXNz9fXbSffCyph98BQFTML:

https://www.coinmarket.io/confirm/2c1f95b12b7cc35c6e891929e37a7e600d51399411ab555ba1836687fed3edfced8cba130c8e97ba54eb73d694cddd99

To cancel the withdrawal, click the following link:

https://www.coinmarket.io/cancel/2c1f95b12b7cc35c6e891929e37a7e600d51399411ab555ba1836687fed3edfced8cba130c8e97ba54eb73d694cddd99

The request was made from 199.27.128.101
multibit

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:12:24 AM

I just wish people demanded more communication and accountability. I mean, I saw this guy screaming at a pizza dude because there wasn't enough pepperoni... But on here, people write terribly rude things toward people who are legitimately afraid for the security of their investment. There has been a lot of drama in the crypto world and rather than attack each other, we ought to attack the exchanges who are treating us like children. Is it because we act like children on these forums? Perhaps. The reason why they choose to not communicate is not important. The lack of importance placed on their clientele is obvious. We deserve a 2-3 word update.

We (investors) are grooming these exchanges to be the future of finance. We need to stop bending over and start standing up.

I beg of you people to start making demands on these exchanges for the sake of our future. It seems smart to vote with your money for the exchanges that will go above and beyond. Time will tell. In the end, I hope that our losses become the martyrs of progress.

In transparency I trust.

I understand you being concerned, but you only have yourself to blame. To have US$5000 on a site that is clearly marked as in BETA !

I've been using the site but quickly depositing, trading then moving my funds back out. Clearly you do not understand the premise of BETA. It's unfortunate that google has given people the wrong idea of what beta really is. Beta means code that is under development and not meant for production use.

So seeing the site marked as BETA I'm careful not to have too many eggs in the basket, and no more then I am willing to loose.

If you are using the site for volume trading your on the wrong site or be willing to loose what ever is there.

Once the site is at RC1 I would expect, more and better communication from the developers.

+1,

You think that using an exchange from an anti-crypto anti-internet communist country is safer?

"Teenager makes a website called imayloseyourmoney.com - Gets rich" People on the internet think that BETA is an excuse for theft.

Regulations will ensnare the community if the community doesn't start demanding a higher standard of business, showing that we are a self governing group. We are all blaming each other for being stupid and trusting exchanges. In essence, by lazily pointing fingers at each other for trusting this or that exchange, we are destroying our chance to create dialogue and start demanding what we deserve.

Tell me the last fully functional website/game/program/operating system that was released after BETA testing - still containing massive flaws. Stop picking on each other and start demanding that exchanges grow up. I have faith that an exchange will emerge to cripple the current options. The community will eventually realize how lazily these current sites were thrown together.

There is an exchange that has a higher standard as far as I"m concerned. I was in the chat when he found out he had been hacked. He told us immediately how much was stolen. He then Immediately made statement of how it happened and how it would never happen again. He then tool 12.3 % of everyone's BTC and said he will pay us back. And I have gotten some of that money back and I have a balance of what is owed to me on top of my wallets page. He is in the chat room once a day asking questions. When a new coin shows up he has give a ways for it. The site has a nice look to it candle charts ETC. I just realized.. You may already know this! IF you don't though check them out.

Name:   Zulandio
Activity:   14
Date Registered:   March 09, 2014, 12:11:02 AM
Last Active:   Today at 06:01:01 AM

Zulandio = Coinmarket.io
Zulandio

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:18:07 AM

In transparency I trust.

+1,

Name:   Zulandio
Activity:   14
Date Registered:   March 09, 2014, 12:11:02 AM
Last Active:   Today at 06:01:01 AM

Zulandio = Coinmarket.io

WTF are you making that assumption for? That I just joined BitcoinTalk? I'm not going to argue that shrills aren't around but I don't see why you would think I'm one. Poloniex is a frigging rock solid exchange. Here is the open letter to everyone.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580

I forgive you but seriously do some research in one of my posts I said it be better to paralyze coinmarket people then kill them it would be a misreable life. I luckily had no BTC just lost some USDE that didn't confirm and were withdrawn on the wrong fork.
inteliboy

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:33:05 AM

Waiting on this withdrawal please advise...

Thu Mar 13 2014 13:34:19   544.9   KDC   108.162.250.122   confirmed
Transaction id: 4537df79419b1ad2fc0afc602793e49eb8e648c823188df86af999944c5ddd23
rozenbal

Activity: 182

True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:39:26 AM

Write again!

No response for main message

I'm waiting for my coins, because at the moment it feels robbed by you.

Hi,
I'm withdraw USDe from main account thsi transaction:
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/105425f95554a9597c4baee0a1f642d75179883d1765ac8bc2501fedffe79a3d

I'm dont see main USDe in main balance... you update wallet? pls fixed this problem and update main USDe balance in new wallet

UPDATE BLOCKCHAIN !!! And give me main USDe to accout ballans! Main login is rozenbal.

jupiter0100

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:47:25 AM

Quote from: thoughtspot on March 13, 2014, 07:49:18 PM
Quote from: coinmarket.io on March 13, 2014, 07:26:26 PM
CoinMarket.io status update

1. What happened?

Reading between the lines:

We beg via official channels for weeks for an honest transparent accounting of the issues and updates in some frequency as to what is being done to remedy them.  We are met with infrequent and vague reports.  Then some users freak out and attack the innocent hosting service provider - and this does the trick.  This post is all we have been asking for.  Regular updates on the progress of the fixes - even if that means describing new issues as they are found - is all we wanted.

Because it took such extreme measures to get this information out of Coinmarket, I'm actually thankful for the assholes that harassed the hosting company.  Sometimes an angry idiot can wake people up to what they SHOULD have been doing ALL ALONG.

No sympathy here.  Keep up the regular updates, and I might just consider using this exchange again in future.....

youre welcome
trcwhale

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:17:23 AM

DEV give my DogeCoins back!!!!
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:35:34 AM

Bullshit.

Runaway from this exchange.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:43:05 AM

I can confirm we won't be getting our BTC back , the last message was just to string us along for another few days.

I will take anyone a 2 btc bet that we won't get our BTC back, I have followed the btc blockchains of my personal and others that have posted and def not getting that btc back, it's long gone into someone elses wallet
multibit

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:48:06 AM

I can confirm we won't be getting our BTC back , the last message was just to string us along for another few days.

I will take anyone a 2 btc bet that we won't get our BTC back, I have followed the btc blockchains of my personal and others that have posted and def not getting that btc back, it's long gone into someone elses wallet

I agree. Like I said, let's try to find out who these scammers are. If they feel the heat they might give us back our BTC.
kimnamil

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:06:56 AM

This transaction didn't get to my USDe wallet, would you please have a look?
Withdrawal  from GVLTqTwK75gZEHVMu84cixy1d6Ua3NaYXP to GLJPoWhoWTYMzrPZWD5ne8G8yB56okXHEj
Mon Mar 10 2014 09:00:11   60978.90003321   USDE   173.245.53.28   confirmed
there is no ID transaction

lazer_1

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:18:26 AM

Hi,

got stuck trades:

Transaction id: d6297c8a1d3a69af6c1a110b0bcf98fc6ef5e1dd27479fbbac8f70ac1dd07d5d
Transaction id: 5b51472b9ffebe68206c425483e36301c40ce5435004af98362cb001a6b1e504

Please release it....
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: