Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211661 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:46:52 AM

Since I am team lead for security at a multinational firm this case did intrigue me to say the least. I will be writing up  a PM to stealth in what I feel needs to be done. Luckily I didn't have any coins on this exchange but all I am going to say is the guys behind this are intelligent individuals and this whole event has been well orchestrated, if they wanted to give your btc back you would of had it by now.

The main key for this person/s was to keep a low profile, 20 times more btc in value is at stake compared to the poloniex hack yet not one mainstream article about it. Smiley

Doge removed from the exchange as popularity skyrocketed... imagine the dogecoin community rallying up against this exchange.

This is the perfect scam, high reward, low exposure outside of this ANN and it's exactly how this scam was intended.

The key thing here is make the rest of the crypto community pay for the sins of this exchange owner, this isn't some trivial amount we talking about and this needs to be exposed to the mainstream, I believe it will have a negative impact on the price of bitcoin, just no one outside of bitcoin talk forums knows about it.

Now is the right time to take this mainstream esp with GOX in the spotlight, another story will force needed change with exchanges... damage the price of bitcoin and you will
also dmg the bottom line of the underground world , then it won't just be you guys after them.

Think about what I have said, each coin listed on this exchange was high potential / low exposure coins which would generate good income for the exchange while the exchange itself would
go unnoticed.

To the exchange owner, much respect and well planed but I do hope you get caught for all our sakes!

You are a damn genius, this all makes perfect sense now. Look at how much press Poloniex got, yet nothing mention about coinmarket and 30 times more stolen if you include alt prices. Sad

https://www.google.co.za/#q=Poloniex

https://www.google.co.za/#q=Coinmarket

Does anyone have contacts with the major publications like business insider, coinbase, etc etc?  Need to get this in the open fast!!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:56:55 AM

Since I am team lead for security at a multinational firm this case did intrigue me to say the least. I will be writing up  a PM to stealth in what I feel needs to be done. Luckily I didn't have any coins on this exchange but all I am going to say is the guys behind this are intelligent individuals and this whole event has been well orchestrated, if they wanted to give your btc back you would of had it by now.

The main key for this person/s was to keep a low profile, 20 times more btc in value is at stake compared to the poloniex hack yet not one mainstream article about it. Smiley

Doge removed from the exchange as popularity skyrocketed... imagine the dogecoin community rallying up against this exchange.

This is the perfect scam, high reward, low exposure outside of this ANN and it's exactly how this scam was intended.

The key thing here is make the rest of the crypto community pay for the sins of this exchange owner, this isn't some trivial amount we talking about and this needs to be exposed to the mainstream, I believe it will have a negative impact on the price of bitcoin, just no one outside of bitcoin talk forums knows about it.

Now is the right time to take this mainstream esp with GOX in the spotlight, another story will force needed change with exchanges... damage the price of bitcoin and you will
also dmg the bottom line of the underground world , then it won't just be you guys after them.

Think about what I have said, each coin listed on this exchange was high potential / low exposure coins which would generate good income for the exchange while the exchange itself would
go unnoticed.

To the exchange owner, much respect and well planed but I do hope you get caught for all our sakes!

You are a damn genius, this all makes perfect sense now. Look at how much press Poloniex got, yet nothing mention about coinmarket and 30 times more stolen if you include alt prices. Sad

Does anyone have contacts with the major publications like business insider, coinbase, etc etc?  Need to get this in the open fast!!!!!

+1

Didn't think about it that way! I personally think Kenneth is involved and playing the victim card with some deception... if it was my family getting threatened I would of gone to the police myself and asked for advice but this guy is way too calm about things. Once again even the "fake"(IMO) correspondence was kept low profile like you have been suggesting.
LeBarton

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:12:31 AM

go unnoticed.

No need to have contacts. Btc-e trollbox is perfect for that with a link to this thread so people can verify it's a real issue.
rizardus

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:57:18 AM

guys only Kenneth can speak with owner of coinmarket (but i still think that kenneth is owner)

so we need push him harder - only then coinmarket owner was speaking with us - im kinda bored with this sutuation, they are updating us but then nothing happen - fucking skammers buying time for something

they only give ppl a small ammount of coin to withdraw to calm us down and probably they didnt have our btc, i just hate ppl like this so can anyone push it to norway police office? atleast we need to know something - i didnt give up on this
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:02:01 AM

Wall of silence, stuck deposits. Lots of BS.

If this doesn't scream scam, I don't know what does. Personally if it were my BTC I wouldn't be sitting around patiently hoping to get it back.

This is all just utter nonsense.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:20:20 AM

This is typical scam style approach.

In order to keep a scam going as long as possible they will feed you info you don't really want to hear, so info that isn't solving anything but tries to keep the public calm.

They also won't deal with direct issues and in this case the main one being bitcoins. Instead they will dance around other issues involving alt coins and divert attention.

Like I say well planned, well executed, no one is being held accountable, for the amount of btc thats been stolen incredibly low exposure. It's a complete win/win for those involved with the
exchange.

Remember if they wanted you to have your btc back you would of had it by now. They develop a full blown exchange with API to list on coinwarz and coinmarketcap, these guys aren't retards as much as they pretending to play dumb with you all. Wink

multibit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:02:36 PM

go unnoticed.

Litesire, I guess the best way to proceed to bring this media attention. We should do the things the coinmarket.io afraid we would do. We should make this high profile.

Any idea how we can achieve this ?
kmargar

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

It's not just the BTC that's the problem, I have 2M reddcoins which are stuck but confirmed (they used the wrong fork). Actual value is not that much, just sth less than 0.2 BTC, however, if I was one of the BTC owners that lost a significant amount I'd definitely call the authorities in Norway to take action against this Bjorke guy and the coinmarket.io guys even if he's not himself the guilty one, he's withholding information about the real owners, which is in eachself a crime. And to anyone that doesn't think there is a case, because BTC is not considered a currency but a commodity, IANAL but stealing commodities is also illegal pretty much everywhere. And the involved amount actually translates to real money directly so it's a very strong case that would really stand in courts. I'm really amazed at the people who have lost more and are still waiting from a reassurance by the devs and to get their btc back. Even if it's not a scam, even if it's not done on purpose, it's *your* BTC, you have *every* right to demand it back *now*. Not doing anything just makes whomever has all those BTC now think even safer. Who knows, eventually he'll try to cash on those BTCs and maybe even be in some tropical island having fun with your money.

I'd suggest to whomever lost the most to initiate an actual complaint to the police, preferably one in the same country. No, I'm not going to do it, because I lost too little and for me the expense would be completely outweighed by the amount of RDDs lost. If for some reason RDD goes 100x in the next week (and from 0.2 BTC, I'd lose 20 BTC) then yes, I'd probably do it, but not now.

My 2 cents.
lowww

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:15:17 PM

It's not just the BTC that's the problem, I have 2M reddcoins which are stuck but confirmed (they used the wrong fork). Actual value is not that much, just sth less than 0.2 BTC, however, if I was one of the BTC owners that lost a significant amount I'd definitely call the authorities in Norway to take action against this Bjorke guy and the coinmarket.io guys even if he's not himself the guilty one, he's withholding information about the real owners, which is in eachself a crime. And to anyone that doesn't think there is a case, because BTC is not considered a currency but a commodity, IANAL but stealing commodities is also illegal pretty much everywhere. And the involved amount actually translates to real money directly so it's a very strong case that would really stand in courts. I'm really amazed at the people who have lost more and are still waiting from a reassurance by the devs and to get their btc back. Even if it's not a scam, even if it's not done on purpose, it's *your* BTC, you have *every* right to demand it back *now*. Not doing anything just makes whomever has all those BTC now think even safer. Who knows, eventually he'll try to cash on those BTCs and maybe even be in some tropical island having fun with your money.

I'd suggest to whomever lost the most to initiate an actual complaint to the police, preferably one in the same country. No, I'm not going to do it, because I lost too little and for me the expense would be completely outweighed by the amount of RDDs lost. If for some reason RDD goes 100x in the next week (and from 0.2 BTC, I'd lose 20 BTC) then yes, I'd probably do it, but not now.

My 2 cents.

We all know reddcoin is going to make the same jump as doge soon Smiley just look at the marketcap etc. Too many signs Cheesy
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:20:52 PM

Mtgox had BTC withdrawls that were "stuck" too.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Gravity

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:34:12 PM

I think a line in the sand needs to be drawn now.

A cut off date must be agreed by majority of the members on this board and then proceed with all action from there. Right now there is still a few people
holding onto hope and we can't move forward.

We should setup a poll declaring this exchange official scam by set date. I would recommend this friday , technically there is no reason at all bitcoins should not have been returned at least to half the members posting on here.

Once the poll is up send a tweet to coinmarket so there is no mistaking that they haven't missed the deadline. This limbo status is worse then actually knowing the truth.

kulin3422

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:47:58 PM

Can you fix the rdd wallet so I can withdraw my RDD?
matthona

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

surely there are enough people that lost enough BTC to raise enough of a fuss over it, that authorities will get involved, and hopefully get to the bottom of this entire debacle

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
magicbuttons

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:06:52 PM

Not just BTC, DOGE too.
rizardus

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:21:00 PM

guys they now even disabled mails that was pointed in faq on site:

feature@coinmarket.io
bug@coinmarket.io

look like theyre turning off service in any time ;/ fuck this shit -

IS THERE SOMEONE FROM NORWAY ?

-------
 i guess what will be next - kenneth will tell us that they are shuting down hosting for coinmarket and thats all - coinmarket will dissapear from network

u ppl really think that u will receive your coins back? owner of coinmarket will probably run another exchange or even they just have it now - mintpal looks really familiar to coinmarket in technical aspect, and this other one market
PJDavis1970

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:33:59 PM

I have been reading this since things went tits up and I will let you know what I personally think.

After doing a lot of tracking of the website and owner etc etc I will pretty much say that Mr Bjorke is the owner and developer of the site.

Now I do not believe the site was created to just wait until enough BTC were there and then steal them.  This is what I believe happened.

I believe he was using everyone else's deposits to make as much money as he could.  I believe he was using your BTC to do quick trades and then put your BTC back and pocketing the profit he made on his trades.

I think his trading skills sucked because I believe he started making major loses.  Loses to the point that he has had to suspend all withdrawals of BTC.

You have noticed via block chain that your BTC has moved.  Have you checked the wallets it has moved to?  To me it seems like Mr Bjorke has transferred what is left of your BTC to another exchange and is frantically trying to get back the losses he has made.

Just my 2 cents.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:51:19 PM

I have been reading this since things went tits up and I will let you know what I personally think.

After doing a lot of tracking of the website and owner etc etc I will pretty much say that Mr Bjorke is the owner and developer of the site.

Now I do not believe the site was created to just wait until enough BTC were there and then steal them.  This is what I believe happened.

I believe he was using everyone else's deposits to make as much money as he could.  I believe he was using your BTC to do quick trades and then put your BTC back and pocketing the profit he made on his trades.

I think his trading skills sucked because I believe he started making major loses.  Loses to the point that he has had to suspend all withdrawals of BTC.

You have noticed via block chain that your BTC has moved.  Have you checked the wallets it has moved to?  To me it seems like Mr Bjorke has transferred what is left of your BTC to another exchange and is frantically trying to get back the losses he has made.

Just my 2 cents.

This is what happens when young people think they can make easy money.  Either way the bitcoins are stolen. Kenneth exchange was getting popular, but too greedy , didn't want to wait for honest money.
multibit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

My 2 cents.

Looks like everyone here is just talking. Coinmarket.io will run away with our BTC. At least that's what I would do if I am them.

I am not living in Norway so.......

Well done Coinmarket.io you got me!
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:30:28 PM

<..>

You have noticed via block chain that your BTC has moved.  Have you checked the wallets it has moved to?  To me it seems like Mr Bjorke has transferred what is left of your BTC to another exchange and is frantically trying to get back the losses he has made.

Just my 2 cents.

I had the same idea trying to think of possible options, why this situation is so messed up and takes so long.
JJcollectibles

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:33:34 PM

It's really sad to see what happens here for virtual currencies in general.

Norwegians are lovely people and it's strange that someone from Norway would do this intentionally , he would be a disgrace to his fellow countrymen, but evil does lurk in every corner and every industry and best thing people can do is move on, leave it with police and move on with your lives because this kind of thing can bring you plenty negativity.

I think this is why over the years regulation and banking gets more stricter because humans always trying to step on other people to benefit themselves. Virtual currencies started off as amazing idea
in a world where everyone involved is a honest person, but unfortunately it has a attracted the vultures in society and people need to be very careful now.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: