Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211663 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kbjoerke

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:34:44 AM

To the users of CoinMarket.

I got in touch with the owner of CM through IRC last year on a completely different subject than CM.
The owner (a developer from Estonia) contacted me and he had this idea to develop a new altcoin exchange service. And on this subject I was asked if I wanted to help provide a server and networking platform for him to develop on. I agreed to this, as the
project sounded exciting and challenging, and I had the capacity to deliver this platform. This included registration of the domain name and setup of DDOS protection (Cloudflare).

My background is pure technical server, networking and infrastructure, no coding knowledge or experience what so ever, so it would be impossible for me to develop something like CM. This also means that I have no knowledge of the site, and I cannot in any capacity be helpfull with anything related to the content of CM.

The CM website is still running on my servers, and they will be until March 31, 2014, 23:59 GMT+1. The owner is well aware of this, and I have given him plenty of time to resolve the issues his users are experiencing. The above mentioned date is final. The owner will still have access to the server data after this date.

The owner is a developer from Estonia. I dont want to publish his name to the public, but if the CM users would elect one person to communicate with me, I will be open to talk about the actual owner with this person.

I want the person representing the users to PM me, and a couple of other persons PM me the username of that representative to vouch for him/her. Please dont spam me with other PMs. I will be checking these messages about once per day, so please be aware that it might be some time before I answer. I'm also going away for the weekend, so dont expect any replies until sunday.

I must admit that getting involved with this project might be one of the worst decissions in my life. My biggest mistake in all this was of course registering the domain name for this person. Again, I entered this project in a purely technical capacity. All accounts related to CM is transferred to the actual owner, and I will not have any further contact with this person.

This has been extremely though on myself and my family. We dont feel safe, we are getting threats and accusations against us that is false. This is extremely stressfull, and has affected our possibilty to function in our daily lives. The last days I spent talking with lawyer and the police about my situation, and getting some advice on how to get out of this. My only priority now is to get my life back to normal, and to make sure myself and my family again feels safe.

Im asking and begging that the CM users be understanding of my situation, please dont call or msg me outside this forum. Also, I'm not following the thread and PM will be my only point of contact. Again, please dont spam me with messages. I primarily want to get in touch with a representative for the CM users.

My hope is that this statement will clear up some unanswered questions, and give the users a possibilty to take any outstanding issues with the owner themselves.

I will be away this weekend, so dont expect any replies from me until sunday.

I thank you for understanding,
Best regards,
Kenneth
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:14:53 PM

I got in touch with the owner of CM through IRC last year on a completely different subject than CM.
The owner (a developer from Estonia) contacted me and he had this idea to develop a new altcoin exchange service. And on this subject I was asked if I wanted to help provide a server and networking platform for him to develop on. I agreed to this, as the
project sounded exciting and challenging, and I had the capacity to deliver this platform. This included registration of the domain name and setup of DDOS protection (Cloudflare).

My background is pure technical server, networking and infrastructure, no coding knowledge or experience what so ever, so it would be impossible for me to develop something like CM. This also means that I have no knowledge of the site, and I cannot in any capacity be helpfull with anything related to the content of CM.

The CM website is still running on my servers, and they will be until March 31, 2014, 23:59 GMT+1. The owner is well aware of this, and I have given him plenty of time to resolve the issues his users are experiencing. The above mentioned date is final. The owner will still have access to the server data after this date.

The owner is a developer from Estonia. I dont want to publish his name to the public, but if the CM users would elect one person to communicate with me, I will be open to talk about the actual owner with this person.

I want the person representing the users to PM me, and a couple of other persons PM me the username of that representative to vouch for him/her. Please dont spam me with other PMs. I will be checking these messages about once per day, so please be aware that it might be some time before I answer. I'm also going away for the weekend, so dont expect any replies until sunday.

I must admit that getting involved with this project might be one of the worst decissions in my life. My biggest mistake in all this was of course registering the domain name for this person. Again, I entered this project in a purely technical capacity. All accounts related to CM is transferred to the actual owner, and I will not have any further contact with this person.

This has been extremely though on myself and my family. We dont feel safe, we are getting threats and accusations against us that is false. This is extremely stressfull, and has affected our possibilty to function in our daily lives. The last days I spent talking with lawyer and the police about my situation, and getting some advice on how to get out of this. My only priority now is to get my life back to normal, and to make sure myself and my family again feels safe.

Im asking and begging that the CM users be understanding of my situation, please dont call or msg me outside this forum. Also, I'm not following the thread and PM will be my only point of contact. Again, please dont spam me with messages. I primarily want to get in touch with a representative for the CM users.

My hope is that this statement will clear up some unanswered questions, and give the users a possibilty to take any outstanding issues with the owner themselves.

Best regards,
Kenneth

It's about time Kenneth, this guy is screwing up your life big time. We just need to make sure the name you give to the community is legit, unfortunately being young as you are you probably wouldn't of known to never trust a Estonian, they are the 2nd biggest scammers on the internet after Nigerians and god help us all when Nigerians enter the crypto market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/01/net-us-fraud-internet-idUSBRE9101CB20130201

We are pretty fucked to say the least, the only honest Estonian I have met is a dead one, so yes we not getting our coins back. Time to move on and goodluck to those trying to catch this guy in Estonia, the police service is also fucking terrible.
pioter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:19:03 PM

Thanks coinmarket i knew you guys weren't scammers, people jump to conclusions too quickly.

I got my 1 btc returned no problems. Be patient your btc will come eventually they must be working long hours to sort this out, you guys are best!

lol, newbie with 1 post.

Can you screen shot proof? Otherwise I call rubbish and this is a clear scam.

I don't want to show proof, worried someone will hack my live wallet if they know my btc address, but coinmarket gave back my btc , I am sure many others have there btc back now.

I wish this exchange was not shutting down, dev is very honest and returning all the coins.

dont worry ...

plis send btc : 1Dh194qAHCejvAYtS54j2n5p6MoK85PmcQ
Shepherd

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:25:20 PM

That means: "please give me enough time to escape on safe place".

Great idea that community choose one representative person for negotiations, because he will get some extra time for escape while community elect his representative.

Now it is clear that kbjoerke is in this scam. Maybe he is not only in this scam, but it is clear that he is part of this scam.

My biggest mistake in all this was of course registering the domain name for this person.

There is no sane person which would do that in all crypto world. If he really do this it is obvious that he commit crime.

Home - H2O Official faucet Please help an old shepherd to find his flock of sheep and a young shepherdess
DNotes  DXaABU4q6Mq5D9qEMTSU3rqY1TCtzVF9Nn         LTC: LPM3sfPfBAmXsoN7u6sQTwiFzoJpoEAFG6
MINT: MtKsn4h3v31T4vknHj1DSdfhhPn8DLBNce LEAF: fckMPwrA3nJD1pYpHxnpCXpzp48FbthuLm  DGB: DFxLE8U8Hfe5eggxw2NpG3jTHP12HEUqB6
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:31:35 PM

Just seems to be more and more stalling. Information needs to be public, not behind closed doors.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:37:09 PM

Best regards,
Kenneth

It's about time Kenneth, this guy is screwing up your life big time. We just need to make sure the name you give to the community is legit, unfortunately being young as you are you probably wouldn't of known to never trust a Estonian, they are the 2nd biggest scammers on the internet after Nigerians and god help us all when Nigerians enter the crypto market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/01/net-us-fraud-internet-idUSBRE9101CB20130201

We are pretty fucked to say the least, the only honest Estonian I have met is a dead one, so yes we not getting our coins back. Time to move on and goodluck to those trying to catch this guy in Estonia, the police service is also fucking terrible.

Bluestreet don't be a RETARD!!, I am sure Kenneth is saying Estonia for that reason as he knows. Not give name in public after what "his family been through" Come on who is he trying to kid?
jrslyrics

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:40:55 PM

Let this be a lesson to you all. Exchanges are not banks! Most of these exchanges rely on opensource technology commonly available to anyone, including hackers. It was only a matter of time before they got hacked. Hell, they even said on the website that it was a beta. Bitcoin / Crypto is supposed to be the digital form of cash, right? So then treat it like cash! Would you leave large sums of cash with a stranger to hold for you in a box that anyone could get the key to? The point is, don't trust the exchanges to hold your money.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:48:09 PM

Let this be a lesson to you all. Exchanges are not banks! Most of these exchanges rely on opensource technology commonly available to anyone, including hackers. It was only a matter of time before they got hacked. Hell, they even said on the website that it was a beta. Bitcoin / Crypto is supposed to be the digital form of cash, right? So then treat it like cash! Would you leave large sums of cash with a stranger to hold for you in a box that anyone could get the key to? The point is, don't trust the exchanges to hold your money.

THIS IS NOT A HACK, IT'S A SCAM, people who deposit btc after the site stopped trading have not got there btc back. Please don't say this is a hack, it's a SCAM, please don't say this is a hack, IT's a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is there no notice on website to say stop deposits? They taking all the btc they can as not everyone reads the forums. Then Kenneth will close the site end of month not giving a shit whether we get our coins back and they can live happily ever after.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:52:54 PM

THIS IS NOT A HACK, IT'S A SCAM, people who deposit btc after the site stopped trading have not got there btc back. Please don't say this is a hack, it's a SCAM, please don't say this is a hack, IT's a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is there no notice on website to say stop deposits? They taking all the btc they can as not everyone reads the forums. Then Kenneth will close the site end of month not giving a shit whether we get our coins back and they can live happily ever after.

Exactly Kenchan, jrslyrics makes a fair point about trusting your btc on exchanges but this is a scam. Possibly the biggest one besides Gox and no big news articles about it yet.
Spartan10

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:56:29 PM

Best regards,
Kenneth

If you don't talk us who is the owner (his name and other information). I will report you to the police in my country. This is not far from your country.
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

I still have not received them!
 user - silence78

Fri Mar 07 2014 11:58:46    0.0156   BTC   141.101.96.130   confirmed

Please to process my request

And run faster exchange, because it's time to party ... I like you as Exchange
lowww

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:03:45 PM

CoinMarket.io ‏@CoinMarketio  1m
Good news: we have a custom coindaemon patch ready. Updating daemons to the latest version and applying the patch now.

@ Twitter

https://twitter.com/CoinMarketio
Dan1012

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:04:40 PM

My BTC was just returned to me 20 minutes ago, I thought I let everyone know they must be returning all btc to people now, maybe by sunday afternoon all btc is returned to everyone.

Thank you coinmarket!
lowww

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:05:54 PM

My BTC was just returned to me 20 minutes ago, I thought I let everyone know they must be returning all btc to people now, maybe by sunday afternoon all btc is returned to everyone.

Thank you coinmarket!

Send us some proof please Smiley You just made this profile.
Dan1012

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:13:10 PM

Thank you coinmarket!

I don't want to reveal my btc address.
Shepherd

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:20:23 PM

Thank you coinmarket!

Why not, maybe someone would donate to you some btc.
Here is my address 1La62o2Pqoj9PQCC89bU4VSwTgDwTYNFzq and I didn't receive my BTC.
Feel free to donate some Smiley

Home - H2O Official faucet Please help an old shepherd to find his flock of sheep and a young shepherdess
DNotes  DXaABU4q6Mq5D9qEMTSU3rqY1TCtzVF9Nn         LTC: LPM3sfPfBAmXsoN7u6sQTwiFzoJpoEAFG6
MINT: MtKsn4h3v31T4vknHj1DSdfhhPn8DLBNce LEAF: fckMPwrA3nJD1pYpHxnpCXpzp48FbthuLm  DGB: DFxLE8U8Hfe5eggxw2NpG3jTHP12HEUqB6
Gravity

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:33:12 PM

Thank you coinmarket!

Hey Coinmarket.io , nice attempt after the twitter msg. We know this is just to fool more people to deposit btc to your exchange. GG

pioter

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:42:23 PM

Thank you coinmarket!

why ?

Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:50:57 PM

Thank you coinmarket!

Why? Mine is in my signature. All you can do with a public address is send funds to it. We are not asking you to post your wallet.dat with password, lol.

Just post a screen shot of your coinmarket.io account with transaction ID and the incoming fund from your wallet. This would put a LOT of people at ease, if you did this you would be doing a great service to coinmarket.io. The problem is, everyone who says they have received their Bitcoin is a new user with 1 post, and they all say they do not want to post proof because if they post their Bitcoin address it will get hacked...

This has to be the dumbest scam strategy I have ever seen. Why would you come on to a forum of cryptocurrency experts and claim that you do not want to post your public address because that means your wallet will get hacked? How dumb can you really be, scammer? You don't think we will call you out on this rubbish? If you posted that on some random non-tech forum, or if it was on national news etc then maybe you would get away with it, but at a tech website that specialises in cryptocurrencies, lol, you have no chance trying to fool people with this utter nonsense and deception.
pioter

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

Thank you coinmarket!

Why? Mine is in my signature. All you can do with a public address is send funds to it. We are not asking you to post your wallet.dat with password, lol.

Just post a screen shot of your coinmarket.io account with transaction ID and the incoming fund from your wallet. This would put a LOT of people at ease, if you did this you would be doing a great service to coinmarket.io. The problem is, everyone who says they have received their Bitcoin is a new user with 1 post, and they all say they do not want to post proof because if they post their Bitcoin address it will get hacked...

This has to be the dumbest scam strategy I have ever seen. Why would you come on to a forum of cryptocurrency experts and claim that you do not want to post your public address because that means your wallet will get hacked? How dumb can you really be, scammer? You don't think we will call you out on this rubbish? If you posted that on some random non-tech forum, or if it was on national news etc then maybe you would get away with it, but at a tech website that specialises in cryptocurrencies, lol, you have no chance trying to fool people with this utter nonsense and deception.
thats some next level strategy. c.io knows that we wouldn belive in such stupid thing , but they can send a 1 btc to random wallet with ez and claim it was withdrawal so they know we know so  they still do it beliving its so stupid we wouldnt think its faked.

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: