Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STCY] StacyCoin  (Read 21509 times)
coinerjoe

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Theyre both ugly creatures of the night!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
litecoin123

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

this coin is going to be such a failure! Tongue
breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:08:37 PM

I can't wait to mine and dump this one too! Get ready with all your BTCs.
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:24:26 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 10:25:59 PM by elixir

i tweeted a stacecoin idea to stacey herbert last night i think it would be a great idea and it would have a much smoother launch. everybody who hates maxcoin would jump on it. please make it.  Cheesy

Everybody who hates MaxCoin will support his wife's coin WTF?? Are you really serious?

we'll obviously not everyone.

i mean the people who tried to mine max but couldnt because it was too difficult to set up can mine this one, it will be the same as max but better.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
notyep

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:43:32 AM

get this coin on mcxnow and it's gonna be a success immediately. https://mcxnow.com/

Dang Right!!

TimFChavez

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:48:58 AM

i mean the people who tried to mine max but couldnt because it was too difficult to set up can mine this one, it will be the same as max but better.

You mean you're not going to give us CPU miners why you and your buddies use GPU miners.
dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:54:59 AM

Don't create a scrypt coin - it's not going to be ASIC proof for much longer.

At least MAX is a non-scrypt GPU coin. I think STACY should be as well.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:59:01 AM

Lol, will mine.
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:53:56 AM

You mean you're not going to give us CPU miners why you and your buddies use GPU miners.

im not the dev but i trust that he will do a good job.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
BubaDave (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:41:34 PM

This is exactly the same code as MAX, so although will be GPU miners on launch there are now mining pools with vardiff so CPU mining should still be quite profitable (I believe).

I told my friends about the MAX launch and they were all very sad as it was their first attempt to get into crypto but they couldn't.

I want to try and fix that for everyone, and I'm a big fan of MAX, its got some cool stuff going on under the hood.

If you'd like to contribute please do. I have compiled the preliminary version of STCY already, trying to nail the windows clients right now, lots more todo..

Any assistance appreciated :-)

NB: I have no GPUs, just a laptop with intel GM(something)

https://twitter.com/stacycoin/status/432111330607521792
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:49:03 PM

This is exactly the same code as MAX, so although will be GPU miners on launch there are now mining pools with vardiff so CPU mining should still be quite profitable (I believe).

I told my friends about the MAX launch and they were all very sad as it was their first attempt to get into crypto but they couldn't.

I want to try and fix that for everyone, and I'm a big fan of MAX, its got some cool stuff going on under the hood.

If you'd like to contribute please do. I have compiled the preliminary version of STCY already, trying to nail the windows clients right now, lots more todo..

Any assistance appreciated :-)

NB: I have no GPUs, just a laptop with intel GM(something)

https://twitter.com/stacycoin/status/432111330607521792

the coin has to use a Memory hard Algorithm otherwise by the end of day 1 it wont be mineable by CPU...
Max didn't even have GPU mining software but it only took 2 days for the community to hack together some working solutions....
now they are well prepared, they will hit the network HARD the very second any new SHA-3 coin launches.
if Stacy is a clone of max then in the end all that will happen is Stacy will dilute Max and provide no real benefits to anyone involved except for a tiny few who jump on in the first few hours.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:28:27 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 10:25:11 PM by Litoshi

the coin has to use a Memory hard Algorithm otherwise by the end of day 1 it wont be mineable by CPU...
Max didn't even have GPU mining software but it only took 2 days for the community to hack together some working solutions....
now they are well prepared, they will hit the network HARD the very second any new SHA-3 coin launches.
if Stacy is a clone of max then in the end all that will happen is Stacy will dilute Max and provide no real benefits to anyone involved except for a tiny few who jump on in the first few hours.

[/quote]

It would negate the use of fast GPUs and give CPU miners a fighting change IF............

.......... The coin reward did not go to the first user to submit it for confirmation, but instead was awarded to a random subsequent user, starting with 1-5, and progressing to 1-500 as the difficulty increased.  A fast GPU miner would have to wait, idle, until a sufficient number of solutions were found and the next block was sent out.

You might even consider increasing the randomness of the award rather than the difficulty level.  

Another idea to allow CPU users to mine successfully for the whole life of the coin.... make it unprofitable for GPU miners.  I suggest that the award be given out randomly to cypher solvers, but also the amount of coins awarded be randomized.

You would not need a RNG for this, you can use the time stamp, to 8 decimal places, using the last two or three digits, divide this value by 2,3,4 or 5, as the award position and/or amount of award. 

GPU miners would find other coins more profitable and a better use of their resource

Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:31:51 PM

It would negate the use of fast GPUs and give CPU miners a fighting change IF............

.......... The coin reward did not go to the first user to submit it for confirmation, but instead was awarded to a random subsequent user, starting with 1-5, and progressing to 1-500 as the difficulty increased.

You might even consider increasing the randomness of the award rather than the difficulty level. 

wouldn't pools negate that?

ultimately to fend off DDOS attacks, any new coin should be launched with a full P2Pool Implementaiton.. and im guessing the distributed nature of P2Pool would even out the randomness of the rewards. even without P2Pool I think most pools smooth out randomness.

so im guessing your theory would only work well if everyone was solo mining..

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Litoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

[/quote]
ultimately to fend off DDOS attacks, any new coin should be launched with a full P2Pool Implementaiton.. and im guessing the distributed nature of P2Pool would even out the randomness of the rewards. even without P2Pool I think most pools smooth out randomness.

so im guessing your theory would only work well if everyone was solo mining..

[/quote]

My idea for making the use of GPUs unprofitable for this coin has to do with the idle time that GPUs would experience after finding a solution.  If the solution had to be found by 20-30 users, the block time would go up big time and make other coins more attractive.

I use P2Pool as well, thru MultiPool.us.  Advantage is getting some small fractions of coin per block per solution found by the pool, disadvantage is only getting a small fraction of the award when finding the solution. 

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:02:13 AM

@stacycoin No premine. Other than that, put it out to the people to see what they want! And keep posting updates, great learning experience.

No one interested in putting out some options? I will start see what you guys think.

Scrypt-Jane (nfactor favoring gpu at the beginning and then cpu later in the coins life)
Hard limit, lets say 69,000,000 coins.
Reward halfing every 3 months
Kimoto gravity well
no premine

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

Taking on MaxCoin? Watching this. Grin
Fizzgig

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:35:26 AM

Make the coin cap HUGE (like 1337 billion) so that lots of tipping and good will goes on. Build a p2p pool within the client itself so that mining is super distributed and you can get fractions of stacys every minute by just installing a program and clicking "Dig it!" Make it only CPU mineable!

Best Bitcoin supported browser game:
Minethings: Dig, Trade, and Fight your way to influence!
Litoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:07:12 PM

It is impossible to make it CPU ONLY mineable.  The way to keep GPU miners out is to make it unprofitable for them.  My suggestion is to award the coins not to the first solution presented, but to  a random solution solver. Instead of increasing the difficulty level each block, increase the number of solutions that must be presented before the award.

No matter how difficult the block, a GPU will always out perform a CPU.  If you were into computers in the 80s and early 90s, you would remember how long is took a CPU to load an image.  You could actually see the image load, line by line.  A 480x600 image in color, could take over a minute to load.  When Graphic cards came out, even the early 500k cards, the images loaded in a second or two. 

If the award goes to the 20th or 50th solution, randomly, the GPU miners will find it unprofitable.  When a new block is released for hashing, the GPU miners will solve it very quickly, and submit the solution.... while the CPU miners will eventually solve it, but lag behind.  The pools will likely be the first to submit, solo GPU miners second, and CPU miners third.  Awarding coins to the 20th solution will increase the chances that a solo CPU miner gets the coins, and not a pool or a GPU miner. 

There are plenty of coins for GPU and pools to mine.  It would be beneficial to the popularity of mining, if a coin, or two, was set up to largly favor CPU miners.... the average joe with a laptop.

tomass

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:38:34 PM

Just... When ?
BubaDave (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:06:50 PM

It is impossible to make it CPU ONLY mineable.  The way to keep GPU miners out is to make it unprofitable for them.  My suggestion is to award the coins not to the first solution presented, but to  a random solution solver. Instead of increasing the difficulty level each block, increase the number of solutions that must be presented before the award.

No matter how difficult the block, a GPU will always out perform a CPU.  If you were into computers in the 80s and early 90s, you would remember how long is took a CPU to load an image.  You could actually see the image load, line by line.  A 480x600 image in color, could take over a minute to load.  When Graphic cards came out, even the early 500k cards, the images loaded in a second or two. 

If the award goes to the 20th or 50th solution, randomly, the GPU miners will find it unprofitable.  When a new block is released for hashing, the GPU miners will solve it very quickly, and submit the solution.... while the CPU miners will eventually solve it, but lag behind.  The pools will likely be the first to submit, solo GPU miners second, and CPU miners third.  Awarding coins to the 20th solution will increase the chances that a solo CPU miner gets the coins, and not a pool or a GPU miner. 

There are plenty of coins for GPU and pools to mine.  It would be beneficial to the popularity of mining, if a coin, or two, was set up to largly favor CPU miners.... the average joe with a laptop.

Thanks for your suggestions..  as an "average joe on a laptop"  I really do agree!

I think adjusting a reward system to reward not first but a randomly selected solution would still prove ineffectual. As the percentages of people submitting those would be determined simply by who's mining.. so if say there are 2 cpu miners and 1 GPU miner, the GPU miner would simply be re-doing that block and still get a better odds than either of the CPU guys.

I would sincerely love to see more CPU miners (botnets be damned, I want my mum to be able to mine even just for a slice)..   To make STCY CPU only I'd need to rework the coin against quark or primecoin.

Its all appealing as I am only a CPU miner myself but I need to try and keep this project to its goals.

That is:
- no pre-mine etc
- Code is strictly downstream of MAX.  which means GPUs will be mining from the get go (Shikata ga nai)
- A really fabulous launch  (this is where most of the work will be going)

I'm currently trying to get the maxcoin-qt client fixed but won't stay too obsessed on it.

No launch date announced yet but good progress has been made, a test genesis booted etc..

Currently establishing relations with trusted pools, website + docs being developed

I'm planning to do some node tests this week (possibly tonight) and test+document deployment of STCY pools and 1gh's cpuminerd and Ahmeds stratum code.

Maybe once STCY is in the wild and stuff we can look a keccak enabled CPU coin, I suspect its already been done actually but haven’t the time to segway there yet. My workstation currently mining SRC for what its worth, not got the time to investigate others

... then again.. maybe STCY should be a CPU only clone.. I'll propose the question on twitter to see what reaction I get  (at least that way I wouldn't need/want to fix the miner in the -qt wallet)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: