Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the supremacy of bitcoin affect altcoins?  (Read 1611 times)
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:13:50 AM

Bitcoin is the King of all cryptocurrencies hence it has altcoins such as ETH, LTC, DASH etc. as its followers\s but i get a litte confuse how bitcoin's supremacy tends to dictate the price rates of most altcoins.
Being the first and pioneer coin in cryptocurrency i guess its normal that bitcoin will hold the legacy maker and the highest worthy coins in all of this,the value is depend on how many are using this coin because its a law of supply and demand,why should i buy other coins that i wont be needing in future.while bitcoin is the currency for the future,as simple as that dude

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:15:57 AM

Bitcoin is the King of all cryptocurrencies hence it has altcoins such as ETH, LTC, DASH etc. as its followers\s but i get a litte confuse how bitcoin's supremacy tends to dictate the price rates of most altcoins.
Being the first and pioneer coin in cryptocurrency i guess its normal that bitcoin will hold the legacy maker and the highest worthy coins in all of this,the value is depend on how many are using this coin because its a law of supply and demand,why should i buy other coins that i wont be needing in future.while bitcoin is the currency for the future,as simple as that dude

being first obviously helps but it is not enough. you can only stay ahead if you are good. bitcoin is good and that is why it is staying way ahead of the rest. and also since the rest are mostly shit, they don't have a tiniest chance in this race.

imagine a fat man entering a running tournament. even if he starts with a 10 minute jump start compared to others, he still doesn't have a chance. he won't even be able to finish the race. but if it is an athlete with that 10 minute start then he will not only win the race but also will put a huge distance between him and the rest of the competitors.
in bitcoin the competitors are all that fat man and they all have broken legs Cheesy

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
bungutko

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:44:27 AM

My opinion to this thread is that bitcoin is the first ever crypto currency and being the original crypto currency that takes the lead in the crypto market. Any market movement of bitcoin does have an impact to the alternative coins and this is the usual scenario of the market trend. I would say that btc and altcoins are basically correlated with other or directly proportional with each other.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 02:09:47 PM

I believe that since Bitcoin and entire crypto industry is still in the basic phase of development, we have a long way to go who expect sustainability in the market. As of now, these currencies are interrelated in terms of volatility that means if the price of Bitcoin falls people tends to adjust their entire portfolio resulting in a volatility in altcoins too. This is my observation of the entire crypto market so far.
makatia

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:21:39 AM

Bitcoin affects a lot of coin market, bitcoin prices and rising demand. In this situation, other currency prices fall due to low demand.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:59:03 AM

As leader on cryptocurrency market, bitcoin give confident for investor. If bitcoin price always rising and give good return, investor must be believe on altcoin can give big profits too

East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:37:57 PM

I am also confused like you. Why? Everytime bitcoin drop its value all altcoins follows. Maybe bitcoin is the barometer of the prices of altcoins.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:42:33 PM

Bitcoin has a great affect on Bitcoin. It is responsible for lifting Altcoins, suppressing or depressing them. This is mainly because most of the Altcoins are traded for Bitcoin, meaning that you can sell and buy the Altcoins in terms of Bitcoin. Therefore the value of Altcoins tends to follow the prices of Bitcoin. This is in fact the main reason that Bitcoin affects the prices of Altcoins.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

preface:
I think ALL altcoins are basically worthless.
The point where they differentiate from Bitcoin (protocol choices/hashing algorithm etc..) is actually an inferior one, having been discarded by bitcoin due to security risk/protocol efficiency/ecosystem robustness.
Bitcoin is a huge bet but while I don’ know if in 10 years bitcoin would be worth 1 million or zero (or course I have an idea), I am absolutely sure that in 10 years every present shitcoin (all of them, but bitcoin) will be worth ZERO.

Having said that.
Dominance is the bitcoin market capitalisation over the total market capitalisation of all cryptocurrencies.
When bitcoin was the sole cypto around market dominance was 100%.
You can see a graph of market dominance here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

In a bull market they tend to rise more than bitcoin: hence in a bull market the bitcoin dominance tends to lower.
Conversely in a bear market those coins tend to drop faster than bitcoin: the bitcoin dominance tends to rise.
Whay that? most altcoins can be traded only versus bitcoin: when market rises avi people tends to sell Bitcoin (larger market cap) to buy smaller cyptos that can be lifted more with less capital influx.
The everse happens ib a bear market where investors, actually scalpers, revert to bitcoin as a safe haven in crypto land, to protect their investment (they cannot sell for fiat in a single trade).

Hope it clarifies!
F1

i will quote that sentence in 10 years Cheesy
It will not happen, expecially if you talk about token too.

Anyway, just think at litecoin: imho is useless, but somehow it has a value for the past 5 years. And it will have a value for the next 10 years.
InformerKin

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:40:26 PM

It does definately make them follow Bitcoins price movements. For a lot of altcoins BTC is still the only trading pair on many exchanges. Until this won't change, Bitcoin will rule over altcoins.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:41:57 PM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever created, if the bitcoin destroy also altcoins destroy because the two connected to each other and altcoins inspired by bitcoin, and bitcoin is the biggest coin marketcap anf bitcoin can affect the overall price of the Altcoin.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:52:17 PM

Yes bitcoin has the supremacy over other altcoins as they have not gained the trust of investors.Also altcoins have not proved their potential but bitcoin has survived despite strong and continuousattacks by some governments.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██