Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we compare Bitcoin with tulips?  (Read 617 times)
gasparyu

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:47:20 PM

Tulips doesn't have any effect in the economy and financial system of the world while bitcoin, a digital currency, a digital asset that can bring profit to people. A very weird comparison in my opinion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:29:06 PM

No you can not compare tulips with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is mode of trade and investment while tulip is totaly different. Everyone once in life should do trade in Bitcoin. Bitcoin has some value near some people at international level but tulips do not have to much value.
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:03:14 PM

some compare it with tulips and the other optimistic people with the internet and rise of smartphones, in my opinion both comparisons are wrong as btc is an innovation and have its own path whether it succeeds or not.
nussy

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:27:12 PM

Who can share more lights on what exactly is tulips. What's all about, with correlation does it have with bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a whole.
queenstella

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:42:23 PM

With Tulips prices were driven by greed or the fear of missing out. Speculators were buying bulbs in the hope that they could sell them on at an even higher price. Again, it didn't last.
Bitcoin values may well collapse the way tulip futures did, either on their own or due to government efforts. But the problems cryptocurrencies address will not disappear with that collapse. People will continue to pursue technological innovations to improve financial services.
richkiddo

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:45:54 PM

I think there is never a comparison of tulip with Bitcoin. Both are different things. Bitcoin is one of the most popular coins and digital coins. It helps people earn money.
true first thing is the price they are too far for each other how is this can be possible to be compared for.?
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

How we compare bitcoin with tulip. Because bitcoin is the no1 position in the market. Tulip is way behind from bitcoin and this coin is also very risky for invest. On the other hand bitcoin is the best option for invest.

yes, I agree with you. and I do not know what he was talking about from the tulips he said. but if I read and understand it is comparing bitcoin.
I think in comparison to any crypt with bitcoin will not be balanced. the fact is bitcoin has a phenomenal price compared to all altcoin

strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:34:01 AM

I think this comparison is like those who do not understand the technology. and here the decaying plant and eternal technology?
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:40:17 PM

No you can not compare tulips with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is mode of trade and investment while tulip is totaly different. Everyone once in life should do trade in Bitcoin. Bitcoin has some value near some people at international level but tulips do not have to much value.

I prefer to talk about bitcoin because it's still the most popular cryptocurrency in the world and has really big potential to increase our profit in the future.

bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:54:52 PM

I think for now there is no crypto currency that can be compared with BTC, because usually the first is always the best, for example BTC can survive until now with growing interest that continues to increase despite the current unfavorable market conditions so that the price of BTC is the market is unstable and unpredictable, but still the belief that btc can provide better returns is still high, proving that btc is still the best, and too early if you have to compare it with other coins

Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:59:52 PM

Some people like to compare crypto with the tulip bubble phenomenon before. My thoughts:

First of all, the phenomenon of tulips really does not exist nor can one prove, there are very few documents that exist today.

Secondly, tulips do not last long, are not scarce, can not be programmed, can not be used for transactions, can not be verified, can not be divided, are not the solution of the problem, and hard to move.

Can not compare crypto with tulips.

Their is no comparison between Bitcoin and Tulips, bitcoin is digital money currency that's provides people to gain multiple income through their investment. And bitcoin has a very big help to the economy in different country's. While tulips is a kind of flower that has no effect to the economy.
cryptocity90

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:09:11 PM

that is true my dear because bitcoin is the most successful crytocurrency so no other can be compared with bitcoin today, secondly it so many potentials
jannatakter

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:58:10 AM

I think both are different things, there is never a comparison of tulip with bitcoin.other side most of the populer and digital coins is bitcoin.It helps people earn money.
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:14:18 AM

No you cannot compare bitcoin with the Dutch Tulip mania.  Bitcoin has an actual function that is much more useful and practical than a flower.  Also a very small portion of our society has even heard of Bitcoin so I do not think we are in bubble territory. 
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:56:17 AM

Already many economists compared bitcoin with tulips last year when bitcoin was at its highest peak price of 20,000 dollars due to launch of bitcoin futures and predicted that bitcoin would collapse same as tulips.But bitcoin managed to survive.Tulips had no use as that of bitcoin which could be used as payment,which could be saved securely.So its baseless to compare bitcoin with tulips.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:49:47 PM

During the tulips mania, tulips value rose very high but not because it have value that will support the price but because it was hyped. There is no real value in tulips that can maintain the high price so it falls.

The hype for bitcoin last year can be compared to tulips mania in the manner the price suddenly rose. But it can't be the same because bitcoin has its technology as its value. We can see that even when the price drops, it still have strong support at above 7K.
Favouredhart
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:11:26 AM

Tulip is alien to me but what ever it is,i believe it cannot be compared with bitcoin because bitcoin got acceptance and in use.Bitcoin can be used to make so much transactions
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:15:03 AM

I do not quite understand what it means to compare in this situation. In the sense that bitcoin also turns out to be a bubble and will burst sooner or later?
Well ... you can talk for a long time, but we will find out only if it breaks ...
However, you can remember the example in the form of credit cards, which now are used by all ... and this could also be a bubble.
So only time will show
Liza Soberano

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:33:33 AM

Some people like to compare crypto with the tulip bubble phenomenon before. My thoughts:

First of all, the phenomenon of tulips really does not exist nor can one prove, there are very few documents that exist today.

Secondly, tulips do not last long, are not scarce, can not be programmed, can not be used for transactions, can not be verified, can not be divided, are not the solution of the problem, and hard to move.

Can not compare crypto with tulips.

In my own opinion, tulip was a phenomenon during the Dutch age wherein the price of tulip suddenly increased so much and then it suddenly collapsed. But there is no comparison between tulip with cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is a decentralized virtual coin with blockchain system which often undergoes fluctuations of price. So I think, there are no relationship between the two, though they are both not existing.
sunnyevening

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:55:11 AM

There are some article already talk about this one, and they also said that tulip mania doenst extinct at all. Maybe some people does but if it will be compared to it, I don't think it's comparable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: