Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Off topic needs cleaning up  (Read 262 times)
AverageGlabella (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:34:13 AM

Here is the description of the Off topic board: Other topics that might be of interest to bitcoiners

I'm sorry but these games that keep getting posted here are not an interest to anyone and only serves for post count. Take a look at these examples:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1993829.0 (2000+ replies)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2387263.0 (1000+ replies)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2480374.0 (1000+ replies)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044546.0 (1000+ replies)

This is not what the Off topic board should include. Look at the effort of the OPs of most of these topics and look at the generic answers everyone is giving. The last topic I linked is particularly bad. If these were in any other board they would of been deleted already.

The off topic board should be for genuine topics and not stupid questions that just keep on getting spammed. I would of liked to have had an ongoing E3 thread which I think would of appealed to some Bitcoiners unlike the threads that are currently in there. But it would of certainly been drowned out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:39:45 AM

~
Lol interesting topics especially:

Are you afraid of Death?
How to gain weight?
Do you like gym, guys?

The OPs should add an advertising space anywhere in the original post. People will buy the space to get traffic.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 09:46:53 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2), xtraelv (1), xypos (1)

Off topic should be fun, but it seems to be full of schoolkids withour many original ideas or opinions.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
AverageGlabella (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:47:09 AM

Why there is not a dedicated mod for one of the more popular boards I do not know.

Are you afraid of Death?
How to gain weight?
Do you like gym, guys?

The OPs should add an advertising space anywhere in the original post. People will buy the space to get traffic.

I don't blame people for posting in the Off topic board as I have fallen into that trap when I first began Bitcoin because I was not that knowledgeable to discuss Bitcoin. But that is what the newbie board is for. If these questions were in politics and society they would of already been locked or a large portion of the replies would be deleted.

evlogii

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:24:38 AM

I see the error for all these 4

" The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Nice to see , such a fast action by staff on these threads. A lot of such threads need clean up in all sections. Is there any preference given to some sections ?
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:33:47 AM

I see the error for all these 4
Well-done AverageGlabella  Cheesy

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:43:19 PM

Why there is not a dedicated mod for one of the more popular boards I do not know.

Are you afraid of Death?
How to gain weight?
Do you like gym, guys?

I don't blame people for posting in the Off topic board as I have fallen into that trap when I first began Bitcoin because I was not that knowledgeable to discuss Bitcoin. But that is what the newbie board is for. If these questions were in politics and society they would of already been locked or a large portion of the replies would be deleted.
When you see spam megathread in off-topic board, just report that topic to moderator and he will lock it or move to trashcan.
Why this board don't have dedicated mod? Because nobody cares about it and this board isn't important.  Even some serious boards like Economics and some local boards don't have dedicated boards. Altcoin boards also need for additional mods.
Well, my first posts on Bitcointalk was made in off-topic board. Back then I was afraid to post in main boards because I thought that if I will say something about Bitcoin incorrectly I will be "eaten" by high ranked members Cheesy

mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:49:03 PM

Well, my first posts on Bitcointalk was made in off-topic board. Back then I was afraid to post in main boards because I thought that if I will say something about Bitcoin incorrectly I will be "eaten" by high ranked members Cheesy
LAMO seems like every newbie has these fears of getting beaten/eaten by high ranked members. Well-done bud, now others think twice by seeing your rank  Grin

Anyway, it's psychological however here is what I think, if I am right then nobody can harm me.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:52:06 PM

We need a beginners board for newbies. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:13:42 AM

it is off topic, after all. but i agree with jet cash, most of these discussions are not original, or fun, or have any content whatsoever.
AverageGlabella (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:26:03 PM

When you see spam megathread in off-topic board, just report that topic to moderator and he will lock it or move to trashcan.
Why this board don't have dedicated mod? Because nobody cares about it and this board isn't important.  Even some serious boards like Economics and some local boards don't have dedicated boards. Altcoin boards also need for additional mods.
I made a topic recently about how bitcoin discussion, altcoin boards and Economics need additional moderators or dedicated moderators. Looks like it fell on deaf ears though
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:25:08 AM

We need a beginners board for newbies. Smiley

That ...or just some non toxic crayons.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:37:27 PM

Off topic should be fun, but it seems to be full of schoolkids withour many original ideas or opinions.
Now I also thought that way. I have started my first thread in off topic section regarding "Climate change and the power crisis". But only 3 members shared their valuable thoughts with me. I think it's only for fun( don't know that board established only for fun), and I should better off from that board.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:16:36 PM

Now I also thought that way. I have started my first thread in off topic section regarding "Climate change and the power crisis". But only 3 members shared their valuable thoughts with me. I think it's only for fun( don't know that board established only for fun), and I should better off from that board.

Its because not many people go to the off topic board as its often polluted with spammers and account farmers posting generic 1 liners trying to get activity. That topic could go in the Politics and society board and you will probably get more replies there.
azvn

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:19:49 AM

I think Altcoin Discussion & Speculation (Altcoins) needs cleaning up, too because a lot of mega thread with only spamming for signature campaign. Off-topic is not counted for signature campaign so all spammers come to Altcoin Discussion & Speculation (Altcoins) to get counted in signature campaign. No one read through all comments on mega threads, just spam enough characters to qualify for their signature campaign.
You can see some here:
+ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3441530.0
+ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4373636.0
+ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3357683.0
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:41:30 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 08:14:21 AM by digaran

We know. right now theymos is in hibernation since Bitcoin price is down, we need some country whale to pump the price back up to boost theymos and his love for this forum.
Note that everytime price is up, theymos is also fully charged, money man, money. Wink

🖤😏
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: