Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have the experience of forgetting your bitcoin passwords?  (Read 234 times)
caseback

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:35:25 AM

Yes i always do but now i wrote it down on my notes,its difficult for me to remember all my important things so thats why i must do a list.,especially in my bitcoin account i dont wanna loose it.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinxwife

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:42:37 AM

Sometimes i do forgetting it too but luckily i got it again.,we should not  let our passwords in bitcoin loss it this is so important.,so all my important notes are now on my list i out in something private that no one knows but only my partner.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

I keep all passwords about cryptocurrency always in some places. This will make it easier for me when I need a password when urgent circumstances. So the forgot password problem never happened when I was here. Wallet and password is the most important factor in cryptocurrency and I will never underestimate it.
iceylm (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:20:19 AM

There are several services and programs which can help but I would only recommend using trusted services and opon source software. I have not checked your link that you provided but if it is not open source then dont use it.

When dealing with sensitive data like your wallet you should take precaution especially when providing a third party program with both your wallet and possible password.
Maybe your advice is right,but when i lost my ETH password,i'm desperate,and i will try every recovery service i can trust,at least i trust that website,and it really works after i retrieved my ETH password.Ops!
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:23:46 PM

Are you dreaming about a nice 15-day holiday in Hawaii or the Phuket Island now that you have plenty of Bitcoins or other valuable crypto-currency in your wallet? So most people think buying into Bitcoin has, at least so far, been a good investment,even some finance experts are weighing in on whether or not to invest in the cryptocurrency,and at the end of 2017, the value of bitcoin rose to nearly $20,000 for the first time. In fact, around 4.78 million bitcoins have been lost since the cryptocurrency was created in 2009, according to related data analysis. That's almost $60 billion today. So certainly you wouldn’t want to lose your password to that wallet fund, would you?However, for the countless who have lost their wallet password making a profit seemed out of reach,while the bitcoin’s value has since fallen in price recently,it still has a high price in all currencies,and regardless of which side it fall on, one thing is for sure: it would be unfortunate to lost your bitcoin password,some unlucky people, however, have done just that.

If you really forget your password,I recommend you  can try this software:http://recovermybtc.com/,sometimes it really works after I used it to recover my ethereum wallet password.

Good luck to you. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Nice introductory but wont really be enough for me to download such thing. Recovery tool? Where in the world on those things can able to recover or bruteforce wallets without having the posession of your keys.
Its none of our business if those 4+M of bitcoin is lost and those cant be accessed forever and would float to void no matter what.
As a bitcoin holder or any other coin its just normal for us to be responsible on taking care of it on not to lose out. Even you are on a vacation i cant see a reason that you would able to forget into those important credentials.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
profdetected

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:23:59 AM

Is it possible to restore password from btc wallet? How can it be? I know that it is possible to restore wallet using seed phrase but not passphrase.
iceylm (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:07:51 AM

Is it possible to restore password from btc wallet? How can it be? I know that it is possible to restore wallet using seed phrase but not passphrase.
If you still have some idea of what your password combination is like, such as which keywords, letters, or numbers it contained, but just aren’t very sure about capitalization, then you might want to consider using a third party. Like the above case, all may not be as bad as it seems. Here the password recovery tool I want to recommend to you is Bitcoin Recovery(http://recovermybtc.com/), It can help recover people’s forgotten passwords by using a highly optimized multi-threaded C++ program which created to perform brute-force wallet decryption.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: