Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have the experience of forgetting your bitcoin passwords?  (Read 230 times)
iceylm (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:59:11 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 08:11:09 AM by iceylm

Are you dreaming about a nice 15-day holiday in Hawaii or the Phuket Island now that you have plenty of Bitcoins or other valuable crypto-currency in your wallet? So most people think buying into Bitcoin has, at least so far, been a good investment,even some finance experts are weighing in on whether or not to invest in the cryptocurrency,and at the end of 2017, the value of bitcoin rose to nearly $20,000 for the first time. In fact, around 4.78 million bitcoins have been lost since the cryptocurrency was created in 2009, according to related data analysis. That's almost $60 billion today. So certainly you wouldn’t want to lose your password to that wallet fund, would you?However, for the countless who have lost their wallet password making a profit seemed out of reach,while the bitcoin’s value has since fallen in price recently,it still has a high price in all currencies,and regardless of which side it fall on, one thing is for sure: it would be unfortunate to lost your bitcoin password,some unlucky people, however, have done just that.

If you really forget your password,I recommend you  can try this software:http://recovermybtc.com/,sometimes it really works after I used it to recover my ethereum wallet password.

Good luck to you. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JustinBrenda

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:51:52 PM

No I never have this experience but if its happen then it will bring huge loss also this is how you can lost your coins also its very important to remember you password also you can save this in you secret place where you can remember so don’t do this.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:57:48 PM

Never happened to me, I used to forget the exchanges that I deposited the coins to. However, finding them after a long time makes you feel really rich even if it is a small amount of bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:14:37 PM

There are several services and programs which can help but I would only recommend using trusted services and opon source software. I have not checked your link that you provided but if it is not open source then dont use it.

When dealing with sensitive data like your wallet you should take precaution especially when providing a third party program with both your wallet and possible password.
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:40:03 PM

That is a very silly mistake in my view. Fortunately, for me I have never put myself to that  situation. I always research social media and the Internet, to find out what others (who have a much larger portfolio) do in order to safeguard their passwords. One thing that I can tell you is that never use the same password for all your accounts. For people with many wallets/account it is always good to use a password management software tools.

jetjet

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:51:50 PM

this valuable information should always be keep in safe. we are talking about money and to lose just like that is unforgivable, stupidity would always lead to disaster. i have always keep my password to my computer with a hard copy that keep in my cabinet and wallet  this is to ensure everything wil be fine.
jaythelingly

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 12:07:42 AM

No. I have no this type of experience. I always remember my password and sometime i write down my password in my phone draft. I suggest you don’t do this because it is not secure but i do this.
the_crypto01

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:14:09 AM

I will say no way. Since I am not so rich, I have to handle my accounts properly. And I prefer all to be sincere in money management.
Crypto.mgt

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:16:06 AM

Forgetting the password of your bitcoin can be very much harmful. If you have the habit of forgetting passwords then you should definitely recover yourself to not to do such actions.
bontkoli01

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:23:36 PM

We should be very careful with our password. I usually prefer typing the password down and printing it out. As such you will always have a copy if you end with forgetting your password.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:34:15 PM

I always write my passwords down on paper as a backup and keep them in multiple places so I can't just lose the password forever if my house burns down, for example. I also don't keep my funds all in one place- I keep multiple wallets in different forms (hardware, paper, etc.) so I don't lose all my coins in the event of a hack, theft, or natural disasters. My 'main' wallet is multisignature so as to minimize security breaches as well. It's extremely surprising to me when I see people forgetting something as important as their Bitcoin wallet passwords- you are your own bank and you shouldn't cut any corners.
availcrypto

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:12:56 PM

Thank you very much for this informative information. I think that it will help many users who faces the problem of forgetting passwords. Though I didn’t face anything like this but I can be helpful for me in the future.
Aleshia696

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:57:50 PM

There are certain software in case if we forget our password. The human mind is not a machine and it is humane to forget such complex information. But even then retrieving such vital things are complicated and is not a piece of cake. So it will be better if we remember our password for good.
Best80

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:02:20 PM

Yes, I have once forgot my bitcoin password and it was like a  hell to me but I later find a solution because it was block chain password, let try to always remember our bitcoin password
Michael Thomass

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:46:02 PM

Many investors are now in a situation that is not remember the password used to open the wallet bitcoin because it was not used for so long.
If you forgot your password, you can do the following:
Step 1: Reset the password
Step 2: Enter your email address when registering
Step 3: Check email and confirm Reset Password
Step 4: Login with new password
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:53:46 PM

Many investors are now in a situation that is not remember the password used to open the wallet bitcoin because it was not used for so long.
If you forgot your password, you can do the following:
Step 1: Reset the password
Step 2: Enter your email address when registering
Step 3: Check email and confirm Reset Password
Step 4: Login with new password

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

You don't know the first thing about bitcoin wallets, either.

All you know is how to repeatedly dump our forum with useless posts just to spam signatures, which is what you're probably hoping you can farm that account up to.

I'd be lenient on you if you were an actual newbie, but you're not. You're trying to sound knowledgeable but you fail.
thomaseco

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:29:52 PM

No I don't have any such experiences as I am very carefull while handling such sophisticated stuffs. But thank you for the post it will help if I forget it somehow.
Pamela Silvaa

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:02:22 PM

I've forgotten my bitcoin password, and after that I've learned more to avoid this happening again. In my opinion, to ensure the security of your password, you should set the password as complex as possible and should not use the same password for every account. At best, each account you should have a different password and use the password manager application to easily lookup in case of forget. Of course, to ensure absolute security, you need to regularly change the password of important accounts.
Ruth Diass

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:20:48 PM

I think forgetting the password of any account, or specifically the bitcoin account, is easy for anyone.
Therefore, be careful when disclosing to anyone about your Bitcoin investment. If necessary, you should only disclose to a few relatives whom you trust absolutely. In the event of a breakdown, your loved one may be able to replace your current Bitcoin number.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

I think forgetting the password of any account, or specifically the bitcoin account, is easy for anyone.
Most special if you have a memory gap, it's very easy.

Therefore, be careful when disclosing to anyone about your Bitcoin investment.
It's okay to share your investments in bitcoin but what isn't okay is to share your passwords, seeds, phrases that allows you to recover and access your bitcoin wallet.

If necessary, you should only disclose to a few relatives whom you trust absolutely.
I wouldn't trust any relative but only my family.

In the event of a breakdown, your loved one may be able to replace your current Bitcoin number.
What bitcoin number?

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███