Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4077 times)
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:50:38 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I think that the time is right for you to trade bitcoin and buy altcoin, you can see that the ddang market has shown signs of a slight recovery in recent days, the price of altcoin is also so that is recovering. very strong . So I believe that you can buy altcoin at this time and short term trading, the market is fluctuating continuously so always have a specific trading plan to minimize the risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:23:53 PM

Yes I am in the process of switching Bitcoin for Altcoin right now in hopes of hitting a big one so I can accumulate more Bitcoin.  I don't have much so I gotta make a play when I can.  this blood bath seems like an opportunity. 

I prefer that you should stay on bitcoins because the current market price is too low for bitcoins so wait for the price to pump again before switching in order to invest more altcoins.
Our current market situation is really challenging and it really needs trust for us to survive. If you are truly  believing  altcoins,  you'll never have to wait for it's pump before investing. Instead you'll have to take the opportunity right now in buying low price for the preparation of the coming  market surge.
bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I think that in order to minimize risk you should only trade bitcoin at this time, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and difficult to guess, altcoin prices are constantly adjusting and fluctuating very So, in order to be able to trade successfully, I believe you should only trade bitcoins. Always have a plan to minimize risk.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:59:40 PM

Yes, Currently this is the best thing and the more good point is after bitcoin trading is to start to buying altcoins because there are maximum chances which you can get maximum profits from altcoins by understanding the current market position.
alibaba93

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:27:08 PM

I think that this time is very suitable for you to trade bitcoin and buy altcoin, you can see that the market is showing signs of recovery in the short term when the price of bitocin coin and the price of altcoin are continuously increasing in the days. In the past, the market has been bearish in the long run so if profit is made then I think you should take profits. Altcoin will adjust very strongly so you trade altcoin right now.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2338
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:47:05 PM

Good idea and buy and sell bitcoin and altcoins vice versa is good trading strategy than to use usdt currency why i choose bitcoin altcoins buy and sell trading strategy because i can make easy to increase my bitcoin amount by doing this, al we have to do is foucos and spend quality time working in trading.

barsharkol12

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:26:21 AM

i think for me  i will do vice versa so that you can have a great profit as long as you know how the trading strategies. trading is a risky thing so you must learn how to trade and know the market very well.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:41:15 AM

i think for me  i will do vice versa so that you can have a great profit as long as you know how the trading strategies. trading is a risky thing so you must learn how to trade and know the market very well.

In my own opinion, you should focus on one coin in order to earn more profit, just choose the cryptocurrency that has the highest potential which is bitcoins in order to surely earn profit when the market pumps up again.
okorocrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:27:54 AM

I love investing during ICOs. SO if I have Bitcoin, I prefer investing it in ICOs that will give me greater returns than holding BTC
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

Hmmm for me there is a chance that I trade bitcoin for altcoins if the market value of those alternative coins booming as of this year and lots of incomes it gives to the public.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:48:47 PM

I will. Funds need to be diversified and spread to different places. It is extremely unwise and unsafe to keep all funds in one place.
I disagree, many people invest in all kind of speculative coins and then they lose their money, if you are going to do that the it is better to keep your money in bitcoin, also while many think that having all your bitcoin in a single wallet it is a bad idea it is not if you take the right precautions, after all it is easier to secure only one wallet than to try to secure ten.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:37:34 PM

If an altcoin is that much promising, I don't see any reason why not to. Bitcoin is indeed a good crypto but still, there are altcoins which are having a higher market price increase rate especially if it is newly listed in the market. Maybe it would be worth hitting a try and if you. have huge amount of bitcoin holdings, it would be a good idea trading some of it into good altcoins to earn bigger profit.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:23:00 AM

for what to do that???
if i can trade bitcoin then I don't think of buy or trading altcoin because bitcoin will be safer and more profitable for me.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:41:13 AM

Yes I am in the process of switching Bitcoin for Altcoin right now in hopes of hitting a big one so I can accumulate more Bitcoin.  I don't have much so I gotta make a play when I can.  this blood bath seems like an opportunity. 

I prefer that you should stay on bitcoins because the current market price is too low for bitcoins so wait for the price to pump again before switching in order to invest more altcoins.
Look there are two kinds of people everywhere. One, who have got good money and he might be investing them in somewhere to earn money. Second, those who are always dependent on someone else for making that choice. So in trading as well, if you have money, buy bitcoin as it has more to give you. But in second case, altcoins works fine too. They don’t let you down as well.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:47:39 AM

no .  i dont ever try to trade my btc to alts but i oftenly trade my alts to btc  .   if ever i wanted to buy altcoins , let say i want to buy etherium because i need it in order to trade my tokens , then i will onlly use regular currency to cash in and after that , i can now buy eth directly to a spefic wallet without getting the need of buying btc first . not only eth but it can also work other top rated altcoin such as xrp and bch  .  though im not really sure if this method is already available on some other kind of wallets .
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:29:37 AM

If an altcoin is that much promising, I don't see any reason why not to. Bitcoin is indeed a good crypto but still, there are altcoins which are having a higher market price increase rate especially if it is newly listed in the market. Maybe it would be worth hitting a try and if you. have huge amount of bitcoin holdings, it would be a good idea trading some of it into good altcoins to earn bigger profit.
Who will not do that if you have chance to increase your assets, bitcoin is a basis of actual trading industry, if you have idea about promising coin that will grow rapidly, for sure you will take it and invest knowing that your bitcoin will grow and make you earn more than what you have from your wallet, traders
always find ways to increase their assets and if seen some opportunities they will grab it no matter what.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:49:10 AM

If i want to spread or diversify my investment to other cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin then I choose the coins that has sure potential to grow jn the future. It means I'm going to trade half of my total bitcoin holdings to some promising altcoins in the market. But I will not going to do it without researching the coins first and its future market.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:13:53 AM

I will not trade bitcoin to buy altcoins, in fact my favourite hobby is to trade altcoins to buy Bitcoin. You cannot believe altcoins. During my whole experience of crypto trading I thought once to trade bitcion to buy altcoin (MTC token) in April-May but I was not able to buy at that point. Later in June-July I realised that I was right decision now that altcoin (MTC) is very very down.

No, here you are not 100% right. Some altcoins will bring you more money if you invest much in them. Sometimes it is very profitable to trade Bitcoin to buy these trusted tokens with a cool future.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:15:16 AM

I will not trade bitcoin to buy altcoins, in fact my favourite hobby is to trade altcoins to buy Bitcoin. You cannot believe altcoins. During my whole experience of crypto trading I thought once to trade bitcion to buy altcoin (MTC token) in April-May but I was not able to buy at that point. Later in June-July I realised that I was right decision now that altcoin (MTC) is very very down.

No, here you are not 100% right. Some altcoins will bring you more money if you invest much in them. Sometimes it is very profitable to trade Bitcoin to buy these trusted tokens with a cool future.
I think this is the most commonly done by cryptocurrency traders. well, even many people will also do it if they see the potential profit from it. well, sometimes they buy altcoins using bitcoin to make as an investment.
jcojci

Activity: 620
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:21:40 AM

I think if there is one altcoin that can increase higher in the short time, then maybe I will consider to invest in that coin. but if the altcoin price is like what I see today, then I think it is better to hold bitcoin than to buy altcoin. the altcoin take a long time to increase and it is waiting for bitcoin price to go up first and then the altcoin can lift the price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: