Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AML/KYC Explained  (Read 381201 times)
Adebisi74

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:19:01 AM

although,  i am not against KYC/AML because to some extent it prevent money laundering and terrorism. however, the risk of the vital information supplied being stolen is another thing. more so, it is like a clog for the people from 3rd world country to access crypto market. i am of the view that limited amount be set so as to afford the small scale to access the market. 
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zStrog

Activity: 468
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:07:23 AM

I saw most of the bounties using KYC these days. are they really necessary? bounty hunters are not investors.how can they laundering money by doing bounties.
I have the same question, because, if i help to spread information about project and i am not investor, why should i go through KYC? And the answer, i think, that managers have chance not to pay you, because sometimes you just can't do KYC.
As for me, almost all ico that require KYC for bounty participants are scam. In my experience these ico either try to reduce payments or do not pay at all.
coinnup

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 08:53:17 AM

When the limitless possibilities afforded by blockchain technology was discovered by people, many entrepreneurs and developers set about to use this revolutionary technology to create platforms that wold solve real world problems. However, in a system that relies on personal data, the problems of data security arise. And this introduces the need for compliances laid down by relevant authorities.

KYC/AML Compliances to Ensure ‘A Clean Platform’

The most basic compliance that is required by any blockchain-powered enterprise that distributes tokens is the KYC/AML. KYC, also better known as “Know Your Customer” has gained importance in recent times in the financial sector owing to the large number of fraud accounts that people create in a bid to launder money or for other illegal purposes. Today, even blockchain enterprises need to perform stringent KYC procedures that establishes, beyond any doubt, the identity and authenticity of an individual. AML compliances are also necessary to establish that all measures have been taken to discourage money laundering and the enterprise follows all guidelines laid down by governmental authorities to stop cryptocurrencies from being used by their customers to launder money or for illegal activities, like financing of terrorist activities (CFT — countering the financing of terrorism).

You can read more about KYC/AML Compliances here... https://medium.com/@coinnup/the-importance-of-compliance-in-ensuring-data-security-in-blockchain-powered-enterprises-4f4d10488b72

FXTradingPro

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 08:52:02 PM

if you think about it most affiliate programs out there require AML/KYC info in order to sign up and get paid. Getting paid on a referral basis is equally important to monitor. There should be levels of flexibility in the verification process to make sure not to exclude those that may have certain circumstances that don't allow them to provide the information requested.
Panunggalan

Activity: 139
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:11:57 AM

now KYC indeed often appears in bounty rules, KYC is a very good rule, there are KYC accounts that follow bounty no double or double, KYC is in need once.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
muhammedayo1

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

Stalker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:36:43 AM

i have always want to ask this question, how secured are the documents we do upload for KYC on exchanges, is the any law governing the mishandling of those documents if they leak it out.
Thanks

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
maninas

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:58:27 AM

i aggre with KYC system but sometimes there some inancial institutions and other regulated companie use only passport for kyc but thereare many inancial institutions and other regulated use residence indentification,driver license, passport
use only passport for kyc is not quite right because there are still many people who do not have a passport
coinhunt

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:13:04 PM

Good job with this guide, it’s vital for all traders, investors and all who are related to money. What I think, KYC/AML is essential for modern traditional banking and trading systems as they protect from illegal actions like those on darknet. However, these principles contradict ideas of decentralization and blockchain, so modern innovative systems should protect customers and prove the legality in other ways. Frankly speaking, idk which ways. For instance, technological solutions like ideally encrypted data or something like this. We even can call it new-era KYC/AML but without direct providing of sensitive information to authorities. What do you think, guys?
darasinmi4show

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:34:22 PM

Kyc is means this know your customers by the use of kyc means the project developer or the team have the perfect idea of who they are dealing with and the country those people comes from. However, the main problem with kyc is that they really waste time to approve.
Alphian

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:24:47 AM

I understand the need for KYC and AML, but the idea of uploading a photo of my Identification card or Passport photo worries me a bit. Ive also had some difficulty with KYC verification because of the documents I provide.
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:04:42 PM

Thanks for this info cos it is well explained and I believe it goes a long way in assisting people and new crypto believer into glancing a glimpse into what it is all about. Well I always say it that with the wah the world of cryptocirrency is going, regulations upon regulations are inevitable and I still believe most would be for the good of the industry. Thanks once more

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Eadefemi

Activity: 276

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:30:25 AM

Good explanation you have made there. However I'm still very skeptical of airdrops that require kyc. It's too risky giving out full confidential info to an unknown person behind a computer...

Who knows, I could turn up wanted in Saudi for false identity!
VampKing
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:00:39 AM

Is there any possibility that i am working in a project that requires KYC / AML & turn out to be a scam project? Cause if it's possible, than what's the security of our information posted for KYC? Reply if you have any preventive measures & suggestion are appreciated.
gpuri
Copper Member

Activity: 273
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:11:41 PM

Regarding how much KYC is required there is another angle to it based on the amount. In most western countries amount more than $10,000 requires address verification as well.
gpuri
Copper Member

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:47:05 PM

Is there any possibility that i am working in a project that requires KYC / AML & turn out to be a scam project? Cause if it's possible, than what's the security of our information posted for KYC? Reply if you have any preventive measures & suggestion are appreciated.

Not likely as the cost of KYC is quite significant.
freigeist

Activity: 1106
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:48:26 AM

Can you be more specific?!

Also nobody here gave any detailed info about how this KYC procedures are done
and how the fake info gets spotted?

KXC247

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:14:48 PM

I must say that, this article has been very helpful to me in all ramifications. I have been battling with what AML means but in this article, I find it very helpful and I understand the full concept of what it means. 
ridertiger

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:05:00 PM

I understand it is a requirement but I am scared every time I have to do KYC. I just had like a 3 USD from earn.com for a site that wanted my KYC, and I asked around my friends have not done it, so I said screw it.
gpuri
Copper Member

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:29:35 PM

Can you be more specific?!

Also nobody here gave any detailed info about how this KYC procedures are done
and how the fake info gets spotted?

KYC is identifying and verifying who you are based on the ID documents like passport, drivers license etc. This may also include source of finds etc.
AML is to check whether you are on some sanction list, FATF or a politically exposed person etc.
cuongdola211093

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:29:15 AM

KYC is to verify your identity. KYC makes transactions transparent, transparent and no suspicious transaction
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: