Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shall not we swim opposite to the current of the river to become winner.  (Read 204 times)
virendarnagpal (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:34:13 PM

My experience is that people are buying when the market is bullish.  When the prices are rising day to day basis.  People buy even at very high rates and do not fear buying at high prices.  Under those conditions ; many holders which are long term investors and have bought the coins at cheap rates in the times when the market was low say one year back (e.g.).  They earn huge profits by selling their holdings at higher prices.
Their profits earning news spreads here and there and hearing unimaginable profits earned by old investors; many new members enter the markets at that time.
Presently the market is running under the bear phase.  The prices are falling.  Market is not finding buyers.   In each and every corner of the market there negative are sentiments.  Many members predicting the prices to fall to unimaginable low levels, which I think will never prove to be true.
Now my opinion is ; shall not we think over the issue of swimming opposite to the current of the river.  i.e. when the prices are falling and prices are  very low; why we shall not buy under current prices?
Entrants / investors at current prices will definitely be the gainers in a year or two.  I am sure;  Are you too?  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:40:32 PM

I know that this is a good time to start buying bitcoin,but you know,most of us still holding our bag from february.If i still got money,obviously i will keep buying and pile up my bitcoin.But,as you can see,theer are some of us that still has the bitcoin from february,so we are eager to expect the next bull market.
virendarnagpal (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

I know that this is a good time to start buying bitcoin,but you know,most of us still holding our bag from february.If i still got money,obviously i will keep buying and pile up my bitcoin.But,as you can see,theer are some of us that still has the bitcoin from february,so we are eager to expect the next bull market.

you are right.  and most of our friends have utilized their funds during bull run when the prices were high.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:49:41 PM

The situation you just described is called FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) in crypto parlance. It's in human nature to always join the crowd and follow the bandwagon whether what is done is good or not. People like to watch for price to move before buying into any crypto. This is a wrong practice. Investors are supposed to buy when others are afraid to buy. And now is the right time to do so as the market is bearish. It is advisable to swim against the tide. Buy now, people!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Flyne d Coin Digger

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

People who go with the flow of the water is people who don't like challenges in life, but if you see fishes swimming again the current as people do when they make decision that not like with everyone... They are strong one example is that when you see people buying Bitcoin instead of complaining...
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:39:14 PM

My experience is that people are buying when the market is bullish.  When the prices are rising day to day basis.  People buy even at very high rates and do not fear buying at high prices.  Under those conditions ; many holders which are long term investors and have bought the coins at cheap rates in the times when the market was low say one year back (e.g.).  They earn huge profits by selling their holdings at higher prices.
Their profits earning news spreads here and there and hearing unimaginable profits earned by old investors; many new members enter the markets at that time.
Presently the market is running under the bear phase.  The prices are falling.  Market is not finding buyers.   In each and every corner of the market there negative are sentiments.  Many members predicting the prices to fall to unimaginable low levels, which I think will never prove to be true.
Now my opinion is ; shall not we think over the issue of swimming opposite to the current of the river.  i.e. when the prices are falling and prices are  very low; why we shall not buy under current prices?
Entrants / investors at current prices will definitely be the gainers in a year or two.  I am sure;  Are you too?  Grin

There are lots of investors with different perspectives and different views. Not everyone is induced to buy during boom period. Several smart investors do invest in bearish market too and make lot of profits in long run. There is nothing like swimming in opposite direction because Bitcoin market is not like other markets. In Bitcoin market if we see that it fell by $500 in last 7 days, it doesn't mean there was a constant fall over 7 days. Bitcoin is very volatile market and even though overall fall was of $500, it may fluctuate $100-200 every hour. So most of the investors in Bitcoin are in for day trading and focus on rates every hour than choosing to buy/sell by looking pattern for longer period.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4469

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:43:27 PM

firstly. when people are panicing and selling. there are buyers.
in a market for every seller there is a buyer. thats how markets work

dumb invstors buy high and sell low.
smart investers buy low sell high

right now people SHOULD be thinking its discount week. not panic sell week.

but im probably guessing ther isnt much real panic selling going on.let me explain

if you imagine there being a buyer with 100btc. i could use one of my play money stashs of just 20btc and fill that guys order twice over.
yep thats right..
yep using real funds and using real legal trading techniques. it can be done

its simple imagine we have a big exchange that other exchanges follow when there is "panic"
i sell my 20btc on btc-usd.. then i buy an altcoin, on lets say usd-ltc.. then on the LTC-BTC orderbook buy btc.. then i.. wait for it
i sell my 20btc on btc-usd.. then i buy an altcoin, on lets say usd-eth.. then on the eth-BTC orderbook buy btc.. then i.. wait for it
i sell my 20btc on btc-usd.. then i buy an altcoin, on lets say usd-ltc.. then on the LTC-BTC orderbook buy btc.. then i.. wait for it
i sell my 20btc on btc-usd.. then i buy an altcoin, on lets say usd-bch.. then on the BCH-BTC orderbook buy btc.. then i.. wait for it
i sell my 20btc on btc-usd.. then i buy an altcoin, on lets say usd-eth.. then on the eth-BTC orderbook buy btc.. then i.. wait for it
i sell my 20btc on btc-usd.. then i buy an altcoin, on lets say usd-bch.. then on the BCH-BTC orderbook buy btc.. then i.. wait for it

this is called arbitraging. and can be achieved in many ways. by using different alts, you dont impact their markets which means it doesnt hurt you next round

any way

that said a few people could easily move prices LEGITIMATELY (no spoof/ghost acounts) when volumes are low
and without having to risk 200btc to move the price down by 200btc.

and yes the same can be done in the opposite direction to move the price up

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
PayneCharity

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:45:58 PM

I also ran out of money in early March. The market's prices fell sharply and I still think that prices will definitely recover. But my predictions were not accurate and now I do not have enough money to continue investing
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4469

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:54:11 PM

I also ran out of money in early March. The market's prices fell sharply and I still think that prices will definitely recover. But my predictions were not accurate and now I do not have enough money to continue investing

bst game plan for you. for next time
if you have $10k fiat
break it up into 5 allotments of $2k
buy bitcoin with one allotment. wait for 1-3% and sell it. then buy again and wait for 1-3%
the price tanks. dont worry. leave that allotment set to sell at 1-3% profit as you still have 4 allotmnts to take the next dips

dont hold for 10-100% jumps. just grab 1-3% and rinse and repeat.
think about it. if you can make 1% a day thats 365% a year
dont be greedy waiting out for how high a price can go. just grab your 1-3% and keep repeating

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:57:03 PM

Wise investors didn't lose hope,they continue to buy and take those chances while the price seems so dumps.They.sees that the current is an opportunity to be grabbed and not to be ignored.Those who take risk are the biggest winner in the end.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:45:32 PM

That's where fundamental analysis comes to play. If you base your predictions only on TA, it's fine, but you should be trading short term on that prediction. If that's not for you check the fundamentals. If the investment as a whole ( regardless of the current price and trend) looks good and has a chance to become a real game changer in the long run, pick a nice satisfying price and buy. Do people remember or care what Apple stocks were worth between 1990 and 2000? The real boom happened much later and a period of 1 year is nothing when it comes to long term investments. You're going in for 5-10 years, so be patient.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
virendarnagpal (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:12:59 AM

if you have $10k fiat
buy bitcoin with one allotment. wait for 1-3% and sell it. then buy again and wait for 1-3%
the price tanks. dont worry. leave that allotment set to sell at 1-3% profit as you still have 4 allotmnts to take the next dips

dont be greedy waiting out for how high a price can go. just grab your 1-3% and keep repeating
Yes you are right.  It is the  best game suggested by you.  Definitely instead of buying with entire savings; it is better to break and buy.  In this way if the market takes u turn with our first buy and starts upward journey; we will gain.  But if continues to dip; and we buy as per above plan; the average cost of bitcoin will be very low.  And with patience and holding definitely we will earn handsome amount.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:05:59 AM

when price is starting to drop you should sell... NOT when price dropped and is at the bottom.
when price is starting to rise you should buy... NOT when it is already risen and at the peak.

this is the simple explanation of not swimming against the current. what you explain is making it difficult to understand in my opinion!
and of course you should remember that is only concerning the traders not investors. when you invest, you choose something with potential and try to buy near its bottom. something like bitcoin and then hold it for long term.

the first one mostly comes in handy for altcoins since they have 0 potential in long term.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:37:51 AM

i think this will be a good time to buy now. the prices will probably increase soon as the market becomes more stable. this ofcourse is an investment and may take time to get back what you invested. patience is what we need.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:10:39 AM

if you have $10k fiat

That's one of the best trading strategy I've heard of. It requires no technical analysis, no trading skills, just plane and simple logic. Thanks for sharing, i'm gonna try that myself (only with smaller amounts to be safe).
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:29:53 AM

this is called arbitraging. and can be achieved in many ways. by using different alts, you dont impact their markets which means it doesnt hurt you next round

this only works in theory. in practice you won't be able to do it because the volume is not that high (20BTC). you may be able to do it with 0.01BTC or less in some cases and do it fast with super high speed to complete the 3 orders and get the profit out.
considering the fees and the fact that market is moving based on the price of bitcoin it becomes near impossible to make profit this way. let alone do it with 20BTC and affect the bitcoin price in any way.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:08:35 PM

I agree. I don't understand why people buy when the prices are high. Maybe they buy becaause they get hyped by people saying it will reach $50,000, $100,000 or even $200,000. Many new investors get hyped so easily while old investors look for the bottom price before they buy. If we all do that then we will all get profits instead of losses.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 01:52:19 PM

As the great investor Warren Buffett says, "Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful". Even the Warren Buffet has a different opinion about the crypto industry, I have observed that his rules apply in this market too so if someone is willing to earn a handsome profit in this market then he should definitely go with out of the box strategy.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:10:23 PM

I agree. I don't understand why people buy when the prices are high. Maybe they buy becaause they get hyped by people saying it will reach $50,000, $100,000 or even $200,000. Many new investors get hyped so easily while old investors look for the bottom price before they buy. If we all do that then we will all get profits instead of losses.

because most people have no idea what they are doing! most of them don't even know what bitcoin is and some don't even have a bitcoin wallet. they go on an exchange, buy and hold there out of fear of missing out, until they panic sell.

they don't have to exactly do it at the peak. they do it on the way. for example they buy at $14200 then sell at $14000 then buy back at $14500 and so on.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mrs_bitcoin

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:56:56 PM

Yes, I think so too. It is very likely that anyone who is now buying a crypto currency in which a good technology will necessarily profit from its investments.

■ CLOUD TOKEN ■
█Get from 6-12% monthly in CTO tokens. REF CODE + 50% profit:4901547258 █
TraiKH

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:06:19 PM

The community will determine the value of profit from the nature of the supply. if you speak like your mind. There will not be any investors losing money and it will be perfect. Although, no one wants to go against the trend, you can only choose harmony or miss it. Where would the trader be on this idea?
investment or trade, all for profit.
wowveryusername

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:16:12 PM

Yes, I think so too. It is very likely that anyone who is now buying a crypto currency in which a good technology will necessarily profit from its investments.
Everyone wants the profits , specially with people who have good knowledges about technology, they're thirsty about it at always.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: