Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think the price of bitcoin will be 1 year from today (feb 2015)?  (Read 6313 times)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:49:59 AM

This chart pegs the price at either $12,000 conservatively or over $1,000,000 depending on what kind of exponential growth we are really looking at.  I would take either option. Wink

http://bildr.no/view/ZFowYlNi

Shocked

My bad.  I meant $1200 conservatively.  I am just way too bullish I guess!  Wink

i like the first one bettah  Undecided

I look at the chart and I think we are leaning more towards the log (log) linear line.  But we will see.  It is hard to believe that we won't hit $1200 until next year.  We already hit it last year!  But some people really think we are that far above the growth curve right now.  The fact that the price has only crashed to around $700 or so with all the bad news this week is super bullish to me.  I think we are on a much higher curve in the rate of adoption and I really do think we will see $10,000 by the end of this year, almost without doubt in my mind.  That is at a much lower rate of growth for the past two years so that is even conservative to me.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:56:06 AM

I like to look at past trends and the history of bitcoin has been phenominal.  What price do you think 1 btc will cost one year from today (feb 2015)?

From seeing the past trend it seems to be exponential to me.

This thread tells you all you need to know about where bitcoin is right now - bear market. We have predictions of double digits, total failure, etc. etc. etc.  

All this is predicated on what? ---> some hypothetical worst case scenarious.  Many feel they missed out on bitcoin so they either want a 2nd chance or they want bitcoin to fail and have the opportunity to ride the train of the next great crypto.

Truth is that bitcoin has a huge first mover advantage and the fundamentals are growing by leaps and bounds.

Truth also is that price has little to do with fundamentals and almost everything to do with emotion.  So the fundamentals are playing catch up while the price goes bear.

But to answer your question, I think worst case scenario, Bitcoin is around $800-$900 at the end of the year, with its worst performing year % wise. I think best case scenario we are somewhere north of $5000. But that's only if we get at least one powerful fully licensed and professionally run bitcoin exchange in NY and if we get some wall street money into the system. Or it could also happen if we have a country like Cyprus fully embrace bitcoin has a secondary banking system like the NEO project.

If I had to make a guess, I'd pick somewhere in the middle - around $1200-$1400. I think our next huge climb will be institutional in nature and with regulations being a slow game, I think we may have to wait until 2015 to see huge yearly gains again.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:57:01 AM

If it were 1999 and we were in the dot.com bubble right now I wonder whether or not the people on this forum would be defending it fanatically, posting logarithmic charts with lines on them, etc.
Peoples reasons for believing Bitcoin will continue growing exponentially appear to be contrived afterthoughts. That doesn't necessarily mean they don't value privacy and freedom or think that Bitcoin has the potential to be useful but the main reason for the hype is people trying to make a buck.

No. Not really.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:57:03 AM

two fiddy

why not tree fiddy or one fiddy?
debani

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:10:23 AM

If it were 1999 and we were in the dot.com bubble right now I wonder whether or not the people on this forum would be defending it fanatically, posting logarithmic charts with lines on them, etc.
Peoples reasons for believing Bitcoin will continue growing exponentially appear to be contrived afterthoughts. That doesn't necessarily mean they don't value privacy and freedom or think that Bitcoin has the potential to be useful but the main reason for the hype is people trying to make a buck.

No. Not really.

Care to explain why? Everything about Bitcoin and it's community are just about what you'd expect from a mania fueled speculative bubble. In your opinion why hasn't Wall Street and the business world at large gotten involved yet? Is it because they aren't comfortable with new technology?
AltorXP

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:13:39 AM

No. Not really.

Care to explain why? Everything about Bitcoin and it's community are just about what you'd expect from a mania fueled speculative bubble. In your opinion why hasn't Wall Street and the business world at large gotten involved yet? Is it because they aren't comfortable with new technology?

A good bet would either be volatility (bad for business since 3rd party bitcoin exchangers like coinbase have to exchange BTC to USD or businesses could lose hundreds over night) or the shadiness of bitcoin and how the government(s) treat it.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:20:41 AM

Much lower
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:22:40 AM

No. Not really.

Are you new to bitcoin?

First of all some in wall street have gotten involved on a personal investment level.

But if you are talking institutions, then they haven't gotten involved because of lack of regulatory clarification.

This is a process that is well under way and takes time.

Remember, bitcoin is 5 years old. Would you ask a 5 year old to drive you around town or lift you onto a roof?  Bitcoin is developing as a technology.   If you want to understand the  price then you need to fully understand the technology. Most on here do not. This board is full of young kids trying to make a fast dollar.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:23:18 AM

Much lower

Another agenda laden comment.  Cheesy
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:27:06 AM

We have bigger bubbles to think about.... the US stock market. Fundamentals dont really make a difference when that pops, bitcoin is a great exit.

botlove

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

Total guess here - about $2000/BTC.

I'm hoping to see some $350 coins again before May, though, then see the price shoot back up quickly around June-July.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

I think and hope it will be $8k-$10k

its kinda hard to imagine though but we've seen it many times before
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:54:22 PM

This chart pegs the price at either $12,000 conservatively or over $1,000,000 depending on what kind of exponential growth we are really looking at.  I would take either option. Wink

Shocked

My bad.  I meant $1200 conservatively.  I am just way too bullish I guess!  Wink

You're still reading the chart incorrectly.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:56:29 PM

Shocked

how would you read that chart then
Dragonkiller

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

Shocked

My bad.  I meant $1200 conservatively.  I am just way too bullish I guess!  Wink

Lol. Erm by looking at where February 2015 is on the x-axis and going up to see where the red line is?

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean. I could just give you the answer, but I'm trying to help you do your own research and make your own decisions. I've seen your other threads on here, you seem very unsure especially as you are investing everything you have (which I don't recommend doing). Please take the time to make these decisions on your own instead of asking for advice from strangers on the internet.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:10:37 PM

Shocked

My bad.  I meant $1200 conservatively.  I am just way too bullish I guess!  Wink

Lol. Erm by looking at where February 2015 is on the x-axis and going up to see where the red line is?

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean. I could just give you the answer, but I'm trying to help you do your own research and make your own decisions. I've seen your other threads on here, you seem very unsure especially as you are investing everything you have (which I don't recommend doing). Please take the time to make these decisions on your own instead of asking for advice from strangers on the internet.

Feel free to be as mean as you want to, I dont have soft skin and this is just the internet.  If you think bitcoin will crash and I will lose all my money, say it.  I am willing to take risk and I understand the consequences.  I am just learning as much as I can for now

and thanks for your time on this post i appreciate 
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:19:01 PM

This chart pegs the price at either $1200 conservatively or over $1,000,000 depending on what kind of exponential growth we are really looking at.  I would take either option. Wink

Edit:  I put $12,000 instead of $1200.  I guess I need to learn how to read charts a little better. Wink

$100k in 6 months would be absolutely mind blowing lol

but in a way it makes sense that large fast money is gonna flock to bitcoin buying everything up not giving the average joe any chance to make money

that said i think we would see $100k in atleast 3 years, if at all.
Dragonkiller

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:25:52 PM

Shocked

Feel free to be as mean as you want to, I dont have soft skin and this is just the internet.  If you think bitcoin will crash and I will lose all my money, say it.  I am willing to take risk and I understand the consequences.  I am just learning as much as I can for now

I don't think it will crash (it might crash, but I think it will recover quickly), I have a lot riding on it.

But I would never put 100% of my net worth into one investment regardless of how certain I was. You should try to learn as much as you can and if you believe in the technology, then invest. What I'm trying to say is that, it is not out of the question for the price to crash to $500 or lower, even if it is just for a couple of hours. If you are all in, you've just lost 40% of your net worth and unless you are confident in your investment (which I am assuming you are not because of the questions you are asking), you will likely panic sell.

Having said that, I think we will reach something between $2000-$8000 this year.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:31:44 PM

Shocked

Feel free to be as mean as you want to, I dont have soft skin and this is just the internet.  If you think bitcoin will crash and I will lose all my money, say it.  I am willing to take risk and I understand the consequences.  I am just learning as much as I can for now

I don't think it will crash (it might crash, but I think it will recover quickly), I have a lot riding on it.

But I would never put 100% of my net worth into one investment regardless of how certain I was. You should try to learn as much as you can and if you believe in the technology, then invest. What I'm trying to say is that, it is not out of the question for the price to crash to $500 or lower, even if it is just for a couple of hours. If you are all in, you've just lost 40% of your net worth and unless you are confident in your investment (which I am assuming you are not because of the questions you are asking), you will likely panic sell.

Having said that, I think we will reach something between $2000-$8000 this year.

I agree with the 100% net worth thing.  I agree as well with the might crash to 500 or lower (if it doesnt and if 700 is bottom and it goes up from here, I could live with that and eventually buy in when its 850
if this is what happends)

i dont think i would panic sell because I like to look at trends and I noticed all these bumps and pit stops before it took off.
2-8k  Shocked papa just got a new benz  Cool
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:54:23 AM

10.000 in a bear market
30.000 in a bull market.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: