Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:24:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To what extend are you committed financially to bitcoin?
I am ALL-IN!
I am heavily invested in BTC.
It is just another investment to me.
I bought a little bit.
Got some just to try it out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: To what extend are you committed financially to bitcoin?  (Read 1123 times)
Imahara (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:05:55 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 03:25:29 PM by Imahara

You wonder how it is possible that with so many true believers, the bitcoin price is still quite low compared to where it would be if it all panned out as we think it will. Bitcoin's market cap is still in the range of a tiny country's money supply.

My idea is that the bitcoin community is still fairly small, nothing close to the population of a small country. And most of us couldn't possible invest more in bitcoin even if we wanted to.

That means we will have to wait for larger investors to enter the game, like the big institutional investors. That might well happen in 2014, who knows..

WILL YOU INCREASE OR DECREASE YOUR EXPOSURE IN THE COMING MONTHS?

PLEASE RESPOND BELOW...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:35:45 PM

I am deeply invested, I am going to continue investing.  I agree our community is small, but the potential is great.  We must become the sales people of bitcoin and crypto currencies!

Yesterday, when I was out doing business I asked three people at businesses "do you take bitcoin?"  I already knew they didn't, but it opened the door to tell them a little quickly and suggest they look into it.

We should all do this every day and bitcoin will grow!  Making it more valuable for all of us.

I am heavily invested in mining, asic repair, some trading and peer to peer lending.

Mtnminer

You wonder how it is possible that with so many true believers, the bitcoin price is still quite low compared to where it would be if it all panned out as we think it will. Bitcoin's market cap is still in the range of a tiny country's money supply.

My idea is that the bitcoin community is still fairly small, nothing close to the population of a small country. And most of us couldn't possible invest more in bitcoin even if we wanted to.

That means we will have to wait for larger investors to enter the game, like the big institutional investors. That might well happen in 2014, who knows..

WILL YOU INCREASE OR DECREASE YOUR EXPOSURE IN THE COMING MONTHS?

PLEASE RESPOND BELOW...
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:38:22 PM

The only thing I'd invest in bitcoins is a bit of time every day. It's always fun to earn money but I wouldn't spend any of my own money on it.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:40:45 PM

You sound like a worthy member of the community mtnminer.
techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:51:26 PM

Yesterday, when I was out doing business I asked three people at businesses "do you take bitcoin?"  I already knew they didn't, but it opened the door to tell them a little quickly and suggest they look into it.

We should all do this every day and bitcoin will grow!  Making it more valuable for all of us.

Well said, its a great idea !!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

these things take time.
Imahara (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:19:44 PM

I would expect 2014 to see a rise.. Smiley
Z1#

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:30:42 PM

I just got some to try it out. Reading all the stories of people getting hacked or making an error and loosing all their Bitcoin keeps me from buying more.
Imahara (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:40:33 PM

It is very easy to create an offline wallet.

You send your coins to that address and nobody can ever get to your private key...
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:49:06 PM

I'd say I'm fairly invested though by no means are all of my investment assets in BTC.

I'll be investing more as time goes by, but I won't over do it either.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:30:57 PM

I never put in more than I could afford to lose.  Further, I mentally prepared myself to lose it all.  Fortunately I had a high disposable income and no pressing need for new cars and shit like that.

The effect was that I was easily able to be patient and sit on my hands for literally years and wait for what were relatively high targets to be met.  No need to panic on down-turns, or take out trivial winnings.  Bitcoin has always been about 'elephant hunting' to me.  In financial terms at least.  My political hopes for the solution are a different matter.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
UltraPleb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:50:10 PM

I have investments in various cryptos, mainly Doge before it saw a large price increase. Not too committed so wouldn't be distraught if it became worthless tomorrow.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:55:33 PM

I had to select "its just another investment to me", but that isn't a very good phrasing.

because "IM ALL IN!" isnt true

and "I only got a little" isnt true.

I invested a significant amount but im not "ALL IN".

Its definitely not "just another investment to me" though ...

The options might better read based on % of saved money invested in BTC.

20% of my savings invested in BTC
50% of my savings invested in BTC

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

I had to select "its just another investment to me", but that isn't a very good phrasing.

Same here, but for different reasons.  I'm much closer to 'all in' than I would prefer to be due to the rise in valuations.

Re-balancing takes time and care particularly because I am trying to be ultra-careful cross all my t's and dot all my i's so as to not get busted on some phony charges of impropriety.  Also there are tax considerations which have influenced the timings of various re-balancing operations.

Bitcoin's potential on various fronts is still very significant to me and it is more important to me than 'just another investment', but that fits more well than the other choices so that is what I choose.  It's just another silly poll after all.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Imahara (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:31:08 PM

well, just imagine it ranging from a featherweight up to a noose around your neck Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: