Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The worlds first Bitcoin master thesis about the ecosystem - in depth analysis  (Read 1457 times)
Mcoroklo (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

Hello fellow Bitcoiners!

After many months of hard work, and help from you guys, I've finished my 100 pages long Bitcoin master thesis about the Bitcoin ecosystem.

It is somewhat academic, and there are some interesting conclusions. Some of the conclusions might seem very obvious (regulation is extremely important, cross-company cooperation is the next step), but I am sure many of you would enjoy to read parts or the whole of the report.

Give it a look if you want:
Download Bitcoin master thesis

If you want, you can also give it some love on Reddit Smiley
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xcwvj/the_worlds_first_bitcoin_master_thesis_about_the/

I will try to answer questions here as well as on Reddit. What are your thoughts? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:32:42 PM

Hello fellow Bitcoiners!

Probably should have done it in your native language.  English isn't your strong suit.  In the first three sentences I found these constructions to be at least awkward:
1) "and has been in nearly any financial media"
2) "near no fees for transactions"
3) "The thesis has looked at"

This is a terrible run-on sentence without clear subject...

"Bitcoin is interesting because of its properties: near no fees for transactions, anyone without
limitations can get an account and be a part of the global economics and it is an interesting
technological piece of work with many features built in which potentially revolutionize the financial
system according to some of the interviews."

Dude, you should have stayed with your natural language.  

What university would accept that as a master thesis?  

What kind of master program would permit a document laced with silly colored graphics which make it look more like a glossy marketing piece that a legitimate university study?
Mcoroklo (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:37:32 PM

Hello fellow Bitcoiners!

Probably should have done it in your native language.  English isn't your strong suit.  In the first three sentences I found these constructions to be at least awkward:
1) "and has been in nearly any financial media"
2) "near no fees for transactions"
3) "The thesis has looked at"

This is a terrible run-on sentence without clear subject...

"Bitcoin is interesting because of its properties: near no fees for transactions, anyone without
limitations can get an account and be a part of the global economics and it is an interesting
technological piece of work with many features built in which potentially revolutionize the financial
system according to some of the interviews."

Dude, you should have stayed with your natural language. 

What university would accept that as a master thesis? 
Thanks for your comment. It was a requirement to write it in English, so no choice from my side.

I hope the content makes sense anyhow.
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:39:40 PM

Thanks for your comment. It was a requirement to write it in English, so no choice from my side.

Yeah, alright.  I get that then.  If you had to do it in English and English isn't your best - then what you've done is awesome.  I sure the hell couldn't write a study as complete in a second language.  Sorry to be too critical.  But I still would have hired a proof reader before handing it in.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:57:54 PM

Maybe I should read your paper.
Because you suggest "Some of the conclusions might seem very obvious (regulation is extremely important" and I do not at all see how regulation is extremely important nor is it obvious to me that regulation is at all important.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:31:57 PM

No, actually, the substance of your so called "thesis" is the worst pile of unresearched, clueless, ignorant nonsense I've seen today.

Compared to that, English is indeed your strong suit.

How about you actually put some work into your education, instead of getting worthless paper qualifications that will definitely not help you in the future?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
augustocroppo
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:55:22 PM

This is not exactly an academic master thesis...
augustocroppo
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:06:31 PM

Two months later, the third of January, a beta implementation of the Bitcoin concept was released on the website www.bitcoin.org, and since then Bitcoin network has been running. It has evolved from an interesting theoretical concept, to what has been called one of the most important and influential innovations since the Internet. At the same time it has also been called anything from the biggest modern pyramid scheme, tulip mania 2.0 and a scheme just waiting to close again.

Roll Eyes

If you cannot even understand that Bitcoin is primarily a software and not a concept, then you are far away of an academic master thesis.

LoL at "has been called one of the most important and influential innovations since the Internet".

The old and wrong Internet (layers of software/hardware) x Bitcoin (software) comparison.
Barek

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:32:30 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 11:45:57 PM by Barek

Keep in mind this is a thesis with 100 pages.

Before you rip the author apart, you might want to wait for the promised paper, which will likely be a more concise, proofread, and have fewer language issues.

Make sure to use a proper template for the paper and never ever use a background again.  Tongue
kaysersoze

Activity: 220

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:03:42 AM

or he just wanted you to download something so he can get inside your computer =)

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:58:54 AM

or he just wanted you to download something so he can get inside your computer =)

Note to self: Next time read the entire short threads prior to downloading any links in its OP.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: