Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:20:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why everyone thinks institutions will buy Bitcoins from exchanges?  (Read 985 times)
xTz (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:04:29 PM

I think most of big influencers in the crypto world, pushing regular people into thinking there will be a massive investments from big institutions over world.
I use to think with my own brain.
So, therefore, i see very big troubles ahead for normal people that think, watch, quote those influencers.

I just don't see how major institutions will rush to coinbase and make accounts and expecting to buy from there.
I give you 3 sources where they can buy, none of them involve exchanges and therefore, prices will be unaffected in first sentence.
1) They will buy in a hidden way from whales large amounts of bitcoins with a package cost.
2) They buy from confiscated coins from authorities that have from financial seizure
3) From companies that work through off-shore , especially from gov's hidden companies where the stolen bitcoins will go as a money laundering
 So, i am expecting price to go way more down in next 2 years. And guess what can happen when those institutions will sell their assets!
Yes, some small institutions might get their bitcoins in transparent way from exchanges.
So, the question is: how much you guys trust this technology?
Would you use it at 50$ / bitcoin? Would you used after you bought at 20k and hold it, if bitcoin would worth 50$? To my vision, i can use this technology at any price. But for major adoption we need a coin that not have a fluctuation more then 1% / year not per hour.
What's your vision about future? How much trust you are willing to give for blockchain technology?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hollowdoor

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:09:10 PM

Did you ever put your brain to think about these possibilities you mentioned?
Why the institutions will go for risky way while they can easily buy bitcoins from renewed exchanges.
So you think peoples who buys bitcoin from exchanges are only traders!
xTz (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:20:47 PM

More then 95% are bought as a speculative investment, and for tradings Smiley . Not many use it as a payment. When price of bitcoin will be under cost of production in China for 1-2 years, that is for me a cleaning process. When mining facilities will collapse under their own weight.
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:36:30 PM

I think there is no advantage for the government to buy bitcoin in large quantities except for the profit from the money being pumped. Buying a large amount of bitcoin does not mean the government can have full rights to bitcoin and even though they do, they will just become anonymous.
xTz (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:56:05 PM

I think there is no advantage for the government to buy bitcoin in large quantities except for the profit from the money being pumped. Buying a large amount of bitcoin does not mean the government can have full rights to bitcoin and even though they do, they will just become anonymous.
There is biggest dirty corruption. The greed is in us. I really wish bitcoin go to at least under 3k and stay there for 1-2 years. I know a lot of 20k investors will hate me, that's not my problem.
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:22:50 PM

There is nothing wrong if they join the market and buy bitcoin, but even if they buy bitcoin, it does not mean they can set the bitcoin completely. They can only pump money and take advantage.
FXTradingPro

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 05:47:47 PM

Institutions will be an added benefit to the crypto market. they will bring increased security and standardize trading. They will also help improve liquidity which is needed in a 90% retail market.

https://forexmarketslive.com/will-institutional-investors-save-cryptocurrencies/
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:30:24 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 07:42:52 AM by r32godzilla

It seems to me nothing other than a good imagination far away from reality.B Blockchain technology is to rule the future world and bitcoin being working on blockchain technology,i don't understand how many people doubt whether bitcoin would last long or not.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:49:56 PM

Well one would expect that institutions would be competent enough to find good OTC deals from other institutions or individuals in which they could get enough liquidity from without resorting to exchanges, but look at what happened with the MtGox situation: The person in charge of liquidating the coins in order to pay creditors went to freaking Kraken to dump the coins. Then recently they seem to have given up and will do the correct thing (to send creditors their actual BTC, not converting to fiat). But if they wanted to convert to fiat, they should have gone OTC, and they didn't, this shows how institutions can be really amateur.
xTz (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 10:58:36 PM

@cellard
Yeep is exactly what i mean, they buy from external sources, and price will be unaffected, then they dump into exchanges coins and prices will drop like stone.
Ofc this will happen behind closed doors and far away from regular people view.
We can see these effects even today after MtGox stolen bitcoins. Who knows how many offshore companies own millions of bitcoins.
I give one simple example. Look at Winklevoss twin brothers, they bought their bitcoins from auctions, so bitcoin price was unaffected when they pumped those money at that time period. And examples can go on forever.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:16:59 PM

They could purchase a lot of coins and then dump it at a prime time where they attack the network via a majority attack which causes panic and confusion and could result in a lot of panic selling. This is not very plausible but would cause short term instability and could prevent more people investing in it in the future.
xTz (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 11:38:25 PM

Well guys, my post is made to make some bitcoin adopters more careful with their money and not look into what influencers like McAfee says.
I don't really care about their money, they can do whatever they want with their money at the end.
If some read my post and understand what i am talking about, maybe i save them some loss.
Me personally, i can use bitcoin at 1$ price same like i would use it at 50k dollar price.
But i kinda feel sorry for those who credited money to invest in this market, especially those who bought at 20k.
For me, a healthy correction in price is to stay at least for 2-3 years under 3k, from how i understand this market and macro-economy at basis level.
So, the question is:
How much you believe in Bitcoin?
Reminder: Bitcoin is a peer to peer CASH system, not a Peer store of value.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:45:43 PM

blockchain is a new technology that can make direct transactions without third parties. blockchain has many transaction blocks.

today we see a lot of people or institutions that adopt the model of blockchain system, even in korea the demand for game applications with basic blockchain is increase high.

and I think the reality of today is enough to make us believe that blockchain technology will be a technology that has a very important role in every aspect of our lives. so I say that blockchain is part of our life now and in the future.
xTz (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 11:58:33 PM

blockchain is a new technology that can make direct transactions without third parties. blockchain has many transaction blocks.

today we see a lot of people or institutions that adopt the model of blockchain system, even in korea the demand for game applications with basic blockchain is increase high.

and I think the reality of today is enough to make us believe that blockchain technology will be a technology that has a very important role in every aspect of our lives. so I say that blockchain is part of our life now and in the future.
Don't get me wrong, i learn in school from Isaac Newton, to all sort of mathematics possible. And i believe this technology is beating all those innovators from past.
I would put this technology with biggest society impact after greeks invented modern medicine that extended our lifes, it happen 2500 years ago Smiley .
So, to me, that  bullish i am on blockchain, it is bigger then what A. Einstein has done in physics, and for sure bigger then internet itself (that's the paradox).
You are pretty skeptic compare to me.
I just have a problem with how we tangle the value to fiat money.

JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 08:41:45 PM

The price of btc is really higher than others so many institutions buy this because they run many projects based on this crypto so they buy more where as general people buy a short portion of coin which is 5% or more so based on projects they buy more.

Sampson7

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:48:17 PM

Well one would expect that establishments would be sufficiently able to discover great OTC arrangements from different organizations or people in which they could get enough liquidity from without turning to trades, however take a gander at what occurred with the MtGox circumstance: The individual accountable for exchanging the coins keeping in mind the end goal to pay loan bosses went to cracking Kraken to dump the coins. At that point as of late they appear to have surrendered and will do the right thing (to send loan bosses their genuine BTC, not changing over to fiat). However, in the event that they needed to change over to fiat, they ought to have gone OTC, and they didn't, this shows how establishments can be extremely novice.
bedulook

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:54:52 PM

Your sources of getting information about where big institutions will buy from is false and has no merit.Exchanges treat institutional investors as their first clients and they have been dealing with them since. It is only the few that goes to sell to individual buyers.
collins_89

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:10:45 PM

Bitcoin is a profitable site. That’s why so many institutions are connecting with this project. But it does not mean government accept bitcoin. Only some countries are accept bitcoin.
cryptomichael87

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

People thinking of institutions buying bitcoins from the exchanges is growing more and more. The think institutions need large amount of investments and expenditures. So it would be better to deal with bitcoins.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:37:05 PM

I think most of big influencers in the crypto world, pushing regular people into thinking there will be a massive investments from big institutions over world.
I use to think with my own brain.
So, therefore, i see very big troubles ahead for normal people that think, watch, quote those influencers.

I just don't see how major institutions will rush to coinbase and make accounts and expecting to buy from there.
I give you 3 sources where they can buy, none of them involve exchanges and therefore, prices will be unaffected in first sentence.
1) They will buy in a hidden way from whales large amounts of bitcoins with a package cost.
2) They buy from confiscated coins from authorities that have from financial seizure
3) From companies that work through off-shore , especially from gov's hidden companies where the stolen bitcoins will go as a money laundering
 So, i am expecting price to go way more down in next 2 years. And guess what can happen when those institutions will sell their assets!
Yes, some small institutions might get their bitcoins in transparent way from exchanges.
So, the question is: how much you guys trust this technology?
Would you use it at 50$ / bitcoin? Would you used after you bought at 20k and hold it, if bitcoin would worth 50$? To my vision, i can use this technology at any price. But for major adoption we need a coin that not have a fluctuation more then 1% / year not per hour.
What's your vision about future? How much trust you are willing to give for blockchain technology?

Honestly I would use it even if the price is 50$, why? Because it feels easier for me to do a transaction and know it is safe after confirmations take place. Maybe the price of bitcoin will go down but crypto as crypto will sustain. Even goverments are looking into developing their own cryptos and thus you can clearly see that in the future the way how we use money will change. Internet is the middleman and with p2p technologies like bitcoin they are going to change how we use and see money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: