Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:59:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet troubleshooting help  (Read 232 times)
clover12 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:40:29 AM

So you already "loaded" the wallet with the correct balance? -- Is your balance visible in your wallet itself yet? This to me sounds like you made a watch-only wallet, correct?

Can't you try importing all 4 of the keys in Electrum? One of them is bound to have some balance that way, depending from which script the adress is derived, right?

Hi Adolfin, yes my bitcoin balance is visible while logged-in with Electrum, and at the top of the Electrum screen it says "imported, watching-only". Does that mean my coin is now at Electrum, but it's stuck in a wallet that is watching-only?

My balance was also found at blockchain.info by plugging in my private key. So it's there, somewhere.

I have only tried one of the private keys at Electrum and it simply does not work. I am wondering what to do now, since my Electrum wallet is watching-only.. Angry
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clover12 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:43:56 AM

Maybe my error is at Electrum's Install Wizard, it asks this:

What kind of wallet do you want to create?

Standard wallet
Wallet with two factor authentification
Multi-signature wallet
Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys

So far I have only tried that fourth option.. (and the fourth option creates a watching-only wallet)

I browsed through the Standard wallet option and it gives an option to use a hardware wallet..
Is that Standard wallet the one I need to use for putting my coin into my Ledger?
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:06:05 AM
Merited by AdolfinWolf (1)

My balance was also found at blockchain.info by plugging in my private key. So it's there, somewhere.
why not just use blockchain.info to send your bitcoin to your ledger address?

Hi Adolfin, yes my bitcoin balance is visible while logged-in with Electrum, and at the top of the Electrum screen it says "imported, watching-only". Does that mean my coin is now at Electrum, but it's stuck in a wallet that is watching-only?
that means you've imported by public address as watch-only address
you need to import by private key to be able to spend amount from that address

I have only tried one of the private keys at Electrum and it simply does not work. I am wondering what to do now, since my Electrum wallet is watching-only.. Angry
try re-import again by providing private keys to Electrum

clover12 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:29:31 AM

why not just use blockchain.info to send your bitcoin to your ledger address?

Can I do that?  I figured the reason I am using this Electrum thing is because my bitcoin is basically stuck at blockchain.info.

Something is not adding up here.  Why is this so complicated?
clover12 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:45:55 PM

I'm now accepting any new replies to this topic for how to get my bitcoin off blockchain and into my ledger wallet. For I am totally lost now.

I figured it would be easy to just send to my ledger but then I had to open this Electrum wallet and things got a little confusing, didn't they...

Sad Sad Sad Sad
clover12 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:43:10 PM

Now I am trying to decide if my bitcoin is stuck in Electrum and it is not retrievable?

When I made the watch-only wallet, it never gave me an option to create seeds, because I would have written those down and photographed the screen too.

So my bitcoin is sitting in this watch-only wallet at Electrum.

This is horrible. Sad Sad Is it lost coin?  Why would would anybody want a watch-only wallet?

This watch-only wallet traps your coin in there so it is inaccessible? Huh Huh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: