Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Max Keiser's coin (Maxcoin)  (Read 15338 times)
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:13:13 PM

The higher the price goes up, the bigger the price crash it's going to be. There are going to be some very angry buyers in the next few weeks. That is my prediction. It just takes one of these big early miners to dump all their coins and you will see some epic price crashing.

Maybe so, but keep in mind Max promoted the shit out of Bitcoin and got onboard many big name Bitcoin investors. Max is also shareholder in Bitpay and other important Bitcoin businesses.

I can easily see MaxCoin being more popular than stuff like Doge, Feathercoin and so on, that don't have such big brand and name behind.

If that's the case, then I'll buy in after the market crashes. If it doesn't crash, then I will miss out, but at the same time, if it does, I'd lose a hell of a lot. Too risky for me.

I think it already crashed from 0.04-0.03 to 0.004. It's now stable around 0.004-0.005.

A relatively small crash, considering I'm willing to bet there are still some big Maxcoin holders right now. I'll wait until it hits a few more exchanges and see what happens.

Was just checking the MaxCoin reddit and there are 2 channels there

http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/
http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoin

These two combined have 700 subscribers already.

Also, MaxCoin http://imgur.com/3K21aoR getting close to the 24h daily volume of Doge.

Yes, the activity for the coin is truly astonishing, but where people see amazing success, I see a bubble. You've got to ask what's sustaining this coin right now, and personally I think the majority of it is hype. I can sense it in the air. That buzz of excitement that Maxcoin could be the next big thing. It's barely been a couple of days. That raises red flags to me. I will assess the situation in a few weeks. As of right now I can't trust any evaluation of this coin.

Real investors think with their heads, not with their emotions. There is a lot of emotion around right now, and that always worries me.

What flags lol. Of course that by having Max behind it, this coin's upside potential is huge versus coins without much promotional value. Fact that it's also ASIC proof for now, while Scrypt ASICs are almost here, is an added bonus.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:14:32 PM

After a rollout only matched by Obamacare, I refuse to mine, accept or invest in this coin... let it die.

Well first launches are often messy. Things are pretty stable now, though. There are working windows clients, several mining pools and 3 exchanges or more that listed the coin.

First launches? There's been hundreds of launches so far, probably this "dev team" hasn't been in any judging from how they handled their "fair for everyone" launch.

These idiots kept hundreds of people awake 2 nights waiting for it and then finally when they released their shit only the few linux users were able to mine it.

Yeah, I hear you. I've said same thing, but thing is once dust settles, lots of people will be jumping onboard.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:14:47 PM

The higher the price goes up, the bigger the price crash it's going to be. There are going to be some very angry buyers in the next few weeks. That is my prediction. It just takes one of these big early miners to dump all their coins and you will see some epic price crashing.

Maybe so, but keep in mind Max promoted the shit out of Bitcoin and got onboard many big name Bitcoin investors. Max is also shareholder in Bitpay and other important Bitcoin businesses.

I can easily see MaxCoin being more popular than stuff like Doge, Feathercoin and so on, that don't have such big brand and name behind.

If that's the case, then I'll buy in after the market crashes. If it doesn't crash, then I will miss out, but at the same time, if it does, I'd lose a hell of a lot. Too risky for me.

I think it already crashed from 0.04-0.03 to 0.004. It's now stable around 0.004-0.005.

A relatively small crash, considering I'm willing to bet there are still some big Maxcoin holders right now. I'll wait until it hits a few more exchanges and see what happens.

Also, MaxCoin http://imgur.com/3K21aoR getting close to the 24h daily volume of Doge.

Yes, the activity for the coin is truly astonishing, but where people see amazing success, I see a bubble. You've got to ask what's sustaining this coin right now, and personally I think the majority of it is hype. I can sense it in the air. That buzz of excitement that Maxcoin could be the next big thing. It's barely been a couple of days. That raises red flags to me. I will assess the situation in a few weeks. As of right now I can't trust any evaluation of this coin.

Real investors think with their heads, not with their emotions. There is a lot of emotion around right now, and that always worries me.

yea it went up 20% during his show today
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

yea it went up 20% during his show today

Haha. How many of our "real investors" bought into Doge because of emotions? At least MaxCoin has this special Keccak (SHA-3) mining algorithm, which is ASIC proof. It stands out with that, the very least.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:18:12 PM

There's only one way to go from here, and that's a steady (maybe slow, but steady) decline down to 0.0005 and then even lower when people get tired of max's and stacy's constant full of hot air tweets and hype.
Xtrata

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:19:00 PM

Maxcoin was the worst scam and unprofessional release I ever seen. Even a coingen coin got more respect than Maxcoin.

1. Not even a freaking wallet at launch?

2. No pools work?

3. Instamine?

4. Totally fail,  hope it dies and not being worth 0.00000000001 cent
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:20:06 PM

What flags lol. Of course that by having Max behind it, this coin's upside potential is huge versus coins without much promotional value. Fact that it's also ASIC proof for now, while Scrypt ASICs are almost here, is an added bonus.

ASIC proof? You can mine this at 100mhash/sec on a GTX 670. It's not ASIC proof at all. People have already shown that keccak algorithm can be exploited by parallelisation. It's Scrypt asic proof, not Keccak ASIC proof.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

There's only one way to go from here, and that's a steady (maybe slow, but steady) decline down to 0.0005 and then even lower when people get tired of max's and stacy's constant full of hot air tweets and hype.

Sounds more like wishful thinking.

You and me both know that won't happen and that only way for this coin is up for the foreseeable future.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

user871710

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:21:59 PM

After a rollout only matched by Obamacare, I refuse to mine, accept or invest in this coin... let it die.

Well first launches are often messy. Things are pretty stable now, though. There are working windows clients, several mining pools and 3 exchanges or more that listed the coin.

Strangely  a lot of coins are launched without problems. Now the problem is not in launch being unfair, because of not being able to get wallets or miners working duo to 2 high traffic that the infrastructure couldnt handle like the day launch was postponed. But because of incompetence of devs.

OK you have to ask yourself if incompetence of devs was deliberate or not in order for them to mine coins at start and gain nice amount of money.
Now if your answer is Yes, the question is why should you support such a corrupted coin?
If you answer is No, why should you support and believe in a coin that has incompetent devs.

1 thing that also shows incompetence of devs is the fact that they should have anticipated the traffic they got the first time and they had to postpone the launch. Not to mention the fact that they postponed it because bitcountalk forum couldnt handle the traffic and the launch wouldnt be fair. Now there was twitter, facebook, their page and shitload of servers where they could have putted the files to for people to download.
Heck i wonder if dev team ever heared of torrents?
And what is worse is they werent prepared even 1 day later. Max was also speaking about toturials.... i didnt see any toturials did you ?

Now we could say Max pretty much lost all of it credibility. Well did he have any credibility at all in first place?
Correct me if i am wrong, but when people were explaining about crypto it was how about banks are bad, how they want decentralised money etc.
And then some financial advisor starts praising crypto and every1 goes crazy like girls when you mention Bieber. Forgeting financial advisors are also a part of problem why our economy is sh1t.

Dont be mistaken Max is here to earn money, he isnt doing this because hes a tooth fairy. Now when Max says "insert random name" coin is awesome it means i already invested into this coin and you should pump it, so i can dump and make shitload of money while some of you will lose it.

Now same thing goes for Ultra coin which had an unfair launch and definitely dev team made a nice amount of money even prior to launching it and after it.
All in all there are coins that deserve to have the hashes and attention Utc and Max coin are getting far more, yet they struggle to survive.
I do see that with scrypt Asics both of this coins might get on popularity despite they deserve to be forgotten. But its just shows how crypto community have become rotten.

Now i am not saying this is stupid, actually you are smart if you made nice money from this coins.
But its shows how much are people ready to tolerate for the sake of earning some money, but in terms it drops a very bad light on crypto currencys and it might be that people are doing themselves a bear favor for some fast easy money.

This is a zero sum game and while devs made nice money on an unfair launch it means people had to lose money. The worst part is they can get away for doing it easily and with time they might be even praised what an awesome coin they made.

Now go ahead and flame me how i dare to say such things while your bag holding for max coin or utc.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:22:16 PM

ASIC proof? You can mine this at 100mhash/sec on a GTX 670. It's not ASIC proof at all. People have already shown that keccak algorithm can be exploited by parallelisation. It's Scrypt asic proof, not Keccak ASIC proof.

There are Scrypt Asics coming out soon. Did you hear about those? Even Charlie Lee said they are close to entering the market.

On the other hand no one designed an Keccak asic yet and there are none in the pipeline.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Nullu

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

You and me both know that won't happen and that only way for this coin is up for the foreseeable future.

True words from a completely non-biased Maxcoin holder.  Wink

Seriously though, I hope the coin does really well for you, but I would be out of my mind to invest in this right now. It's all hype. Hype is what's pushing this coin up, and hype can go in either direction.

Yeah, Dogecoin has emotion behind it too, but now it also has serious investors, which is what's kept the price high. What's keeping the price high in Maxcoin is the combined belief of all the people who are currently buying it, holding it, mining it and who have bought it.

You can't seriously compare this to Dogecoin. Dogecoin didn't reach this kind of market cap in just two days. To think this level is sustainable, or to even say it is without a hint of irony is misleadling.

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:25:16 PM

Maxcoin was the worst scam and unprofessional release I ever seen. Even a coingen coin got more respect than Maxcoin.

2. No pools work?

3. Instamine?

Actually many of the pools were DDOSed by greedy miners, which caused problems.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Nullu

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

There are Scrypt Asics coming out soon. Did you hear about those? Even Charlie Lee said they are close to entering the market.

On the other hand no one designed an Keccak asic yet and there are none in the pipeline.

Yeah, I know about the Scrypt ASICS. I was just pointing out that the term ASIC-proof in this case is a misnomer. Maxcoin is ASIC Resistant.

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:27:35 PM

True words from a completely non-biased Maxcoin holder.  Wink

Seriously though, I hope the coin does really well for you, but I would be out of my mind to invest in this right now. It's all hype. Hype is what's pushing this coin up, and hype can go in either direction.

Yeah, Dogecoin has emotion behind it too, but now it also has serious investors, which is what's kept the price high. What's keeping the price high in Maxcoin is the combined belief of all the people who are currently buying it, holding it, mining it and who have bought it.

You can't seriously compare this to Dogecoin. Dogecoin didn't reach this kind of market cap in just two days. To think this level is sustainable, or to even say it is without a hint of irony is misleadling.

Be sure Maxcoin will get some famous names behind it. Just look at the caliber of the guests joining his show.

We'll probably see him on Alex Jones show talking about Maxcoin lol. Alex Jones already "accused" him few times over of being the guy who invented Bitcoin.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:31:00 PM

Yeah, I know about the Scrypt ASICS. I was just pointing out that the term ASIC-proof in this case is a misnomer. Maxcoin is ASIC Resistant.

Well, yeah "Resistant" is the right word I guess, but has an edge over other standard Scrypt based or Sha-256 cryptos.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

There are numerous coins with better tech, better launches, better distribution, better teams behind them - and now this Max comes along like a Champion with clueless devs and corrupted launch and thinks his coin is worth more than these all better coins just because he decides to say so. And the whole crypto scene is on their knees praising their new lord just because he's been on TV. The collective greed and stupidity is just amazing.
Nullu

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:36:54 PM

There are numerous coins with better tech, better launches, better distribution, better teams behind them - and now this Max comes along like a Champion with clueless devs and corrupted launch and thinks his coin is worth more than these all better coins just because he decides to say so. And the whole crypto scene is on their knees praising their new lord just because he's been on TV. The collective greed and stupidity is just amazing.

What would happen for arguments sake if Richard Branson or Bill Gates released an altcoin?

You see my point.

Xtrata

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:37:57 PM

2. No pools work?

3. Instamine?

Actually many of the pools were DDOSed by greedy miners, which caused problems.

Doesnt matter if they were or not, if they saw the forum got ddosed they should had known and prepared if they wanted a "FAIR" launch. NOTHING were fair. "Oh here you go compile your own miner and wallet because we dont know how to do it as we are the devs, DERP"

Summary: Maxcoin: EPIC FAIL 2014.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

I see this frustration and it's just 1 day rage that will subside in few days. Things are already working smoothly.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:43:27 PM

I see this frustration and it's just 1 day rage that will subside in few days. Things are already working smoothly.

well if this was from a random guy instead of max keiser no one would mine this total shit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: