Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Max Keiser's coin (Maxcoin)  (Read 15338 times)
noobster

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:46:57 AM

sorry to say that, but the launch was a complete crap, here's what I experienced:

- it was supposed to be cpu
- resheduled launch (guess why)
- released linux binary at the launch time was not working (linked dynamically against extra libs, devs are amateurs)
- github source 10 minutes after not working binaries release
- in the mean time somebody "found" working nvidia miner
- wallet does not synch, damn… ok it's synced
- i'm finally mining… diff 174+ <_<

thanks

This..
I've completely lost all faith in this altcoin after the failed launch, and won't be mining or buying it.

i have a rule i just dont get myself info anything that wasnt fair @ the launch time
those who don't have that rule are just useful idiots packing up pockets of small group of interests who knew how to instamine this coin at start
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:02:39 AM

you know what is most ironic of all.. those idiots running the maxcoin project are tweeting that people should buy the coin but there isn't an easy to use, readily available wallet yet.... so the general public who buy these coins don't have an easy and safe place to store them.....
that means most bought coins will be kept on the exchanges in a place where they can quickly and easily be dumped...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:05:51 AM

This is really the biggest scam in alltime cryptocurrency history.

Launch was more than terrible with GPU miners from the start, Windows 8 qt still keeps crushing after a few day, every pool has been under DDoS. People are still coming here trying to mine with CPUs.

The community has been deceived , people who are buying will condemn cryptocurrencies, even if you sell with profit, it will hurt the market in the long run. I used to like Max Keiser, but he is the very same as the bankers, he hates.

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
Alphi

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:15:37 AM

Pretty sure the only people who listen to or know of Max Keiser are yanks - the rest of the world doesnt give 2 fucks about him or his bullshit 'hype of the day'. Buy Quark! Buy Kitteh! Buy MaxCoin!

Crap launch of a coin that brings nothing to the table so staying well clear - theres dozens of other coins to make a profit from .

the coin wasn't invented by max it was invented by two students from bristol university in the UK.

this is a FAILED BRITISH COIN not a failed american one.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

you know what is most ironic of all.. those idiots running the maxcoin project are tweeting that people should buy the coin but there isn't an easy to use, readily available wallet yet.... so the general public who buy these coins don't have an easy and safe place to store them.....
that means most bought coins will be kept on the exchanges in a place where they can quickly and easily be dumped...

The windows wallet is working just fine for me and many others.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:14:18 PM

Launch was more than terrible with GPU miners from the start, Windows 8 qt still keeps crushing after a few day, every pool has been under DDoS. People are still coming here trying to mine with CPUs.

The community has been deceived , people who are buying will condemn cryptocurrencies, even if you sell with profit, it will hurt the market in the long run. I used to like Max Keiser, but he is the very same as the bankers, he hates.

This is retarded. You blame Max n team for the pools being DDOSed. This happened for the simple fact that the coin is very popular and everyone wanted to get in, screwing other miners.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:22:07 PM

This is retarded. You blame Max n team for the pools being DDOSed. This happened for the simple fact that the coin is very popular and everyone wanted to get in, screwing other miners.

Yea it's so popular that it drops in price 50% per day.
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:24:00 PM

Ok, you are right about the DDoS thing. But the Maxcoin team wanted to provide us with pools upfront at launch and this is what they didn't do. Maybe this coin will establish in the future, but one thing we can all agree on is, that this was NOT a fair launch and they really screwed things up. Even a WhateverCoin XY can launch better than this with working wallets, miners & pools for anyone interested.

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 01:26:34 PM

Keccak (SHA-3) is not ASIC proof

http://rijndael.ece.vt.edu/sha3/publications/DATE2012SHA3.pdf

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:32:37 PM

There are no ASICs for SHA-3 people can buy and none in the works either. So it will be ASIC proof for a while, unlike Scrypt.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:03:06 PM

Max Keiser ‏@maxkeiser  20m
I'll be on AlexJones talking about crypto and #maxcoin
https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/432570054639484928

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:33:01 PM

Tune in here http://stream-aac.infowars.com to catch Max live on Alex Jones talking about Maxcoin.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

eddilicious

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:06:46 PM

Ok, you are right about the DDoS thing. But the Maxcoin team wanted to provide us with pools upfront at launch and this is what they didn't do. Maybe this coin will establish in the future, but one thing we can all agree on is, that this was NOT a fair launch and they really screwed things up. Even a WhateverCoin XY can launch better than this with working wallets, miners & pools for anyone interested.

this is the best coin launch ever had. think about it.

There is a guy called max keep promoting the coin in the exchange.

Nobody except ppl in this forum know how to mine this coin.

Can you think anything better than that? anything give you 0.1btc a day for a single gpu even if you don't have a Nvidia in the computer and have to use the cpu in the first whole day like an idiot?

this is 1gh coin, we all know that. and we only download from 1gh. And there is a celebrity who thought that is his coin and keep promoting it somewhere else. that is awesome. Cheesy
KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

Alphi

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

The windows wallet is working just fine for me and many others.

well then I would stand corrected.. I believe at the time they tweeted buy maxcoin and the last time I checked there wasn't one...

Alphi

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:26:35 PM

this is the best coin launch ever had. think about it.

There is a guy called max keep promoting the coin in the exchange.

Nobody except ppl in this forum know how to mine this coin.

Can you think anything better than that? anything give you 0.1btc a day for a single gpu even if you don't have a Nvidia in the computer and have to use the cpu in the first whole day like an idiot?

this is 1gh coin, we all know that. and we only download from 1gh. And there is a celebrity who thought that is his coin and keep promoting it somewhere else. that is awesome. Cheesy

its a good money earner for some.. you will get no argument from me there... but it wont last... it will ultimately fail when the miners move to another coin... they are already planning to launch Stacy very soon.... there is nothing appealing about maxcoin at all and the devs are inept.. yet people keep buying it..... I will continue to tell people that it is a shitty coin but if they want to keep buying from miners like me well... that's their choice... most miners will stay in as long as it is profitable so I dont see the coin collapsing all together.. just not being successful in the long run.

Alphi

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

There are no ASICs for SHA-3 people can buy and none in the works either. So it will be ASIC proof for a while, unlike Scrypt.

Scrypt is actually more ASIC resistant than SHA-3 because it is more memory intensive.

that means that they are more costly to produce and initially SCRYPT ASICs will only provide maybe a 10 fold increase in performance over GPUs.

SHA-3 ASICs on the other hand will give the same 100 or so fold increases that SHA-256 ASICs did...
one day everyone is humming along at 300Mh per card and then bam all of a sudden 30Ghs ASICs start appearing everywhere.

this we can deduce because people have already pointed out that clocking your memory down to 600mhz does virtually nothing to the hash rate. so SHA3 is not tied to memory just like its older brother SHA-256

so in reality,  although Scrypt ASICs may come quicker to market.. seeing one that decimates Scrypt coins the way SHA ASICs did is still a long way off...

And to make Scrypt further ASIC resistant coins can use Scrypt-Jane and Scrypt N Factor (with a hard fork or new coin)

Eventualy any coin that uses the SHA2 (BTC etc) or SHA3 (MAX) family of hashing algorithms is going to have to change their proof of work in order to escape destruction domination by ASICS...

cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:51:08 PM

Launch was more than terrible with GPU miners from the start

from the perspective of a lot of nVidia card owners, this was an excellent launch. Having a small nVidia farm myself, I cannot complain. We had a 30 hour head start over OpenCL mining software optimized for AMD.

I am the programmer who implemented keccak into cudaminer, but I was only able to pull it off because the maxcoinproject delayed the launch for 24 hours and the maxcoin-cpuminer.zip source code got leaked on the originally planned launch day. This allowed me to see how the SHA-3 was applied (there is a notable difference to other SHA-3 coins like eCoin, which uses double-SHA3).

Christian
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:41:55 PM

Launch was more than terrible with GPU miners from the start

from the perspective of a lot of nVidia card owners, this was an excellent launch. Having a small nVidia farm myself, I cannot complain. We had a 30 hour head start over OpenCL mining software optimized for AMD.

I am the programmer who implemented keccak into cudaminer, but I was only able to pull it off because the maxcoinproject delayed the launch for 24 hours and the maxcoin-cpuminer.zip source code got leaked on the originally planned launch day. This allowed me to see how the SHA-3 was applied (there is a notable difference to other SHA-3 coins like eCoin, which uses double-SHA3).

Christian

I guess this is an interesting feature of this coin. It brings onboard the Nvidia card owners who have been left out so far.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:49:43 PM

Max Keiser
@maxkeiser
 @NHLaundryKing The launch wasn't for crypto cry babies, cowboy up weenie.

9 Feb 14

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████