Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Max Keiser's coin (Maxcoin)  (Read 15338 times)
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:54:09 AM

My biggest disappointment was with coins-e.com. I put in bids that were queued for hours, both before the pump and after. If I could have had my offer go in when I put it in I would have doubled my money. I'm disappointment Max chose this web site to handle so much traffic and they failed.

I realize a coin like this will have volume. Coins-e.com should have anticipated at least some working model.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:04:37 AM

My biggest disappointment was with coins-e.com. I put in bids that were queued for hours, both before the pump and after. If I could have had my offer go in when I put it in I would have doubled my money. I'm disappointment Max chose this web site to handle so much traffic and they failed.

I realize a coin like this will have volume. Coins-e.com should have anticipated at least some working model.

I concur. I first created account on coins-e but it soon became apparent it was rather useless so I had moved over to mcxnow.com

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:06:20 AM

NIST had already developed ASICs for SHA3.

Very probably wont work on MAX, but don´t say ASIC resistant.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:17:29 AM

Herp your bumping of your own post to pump up Max coin is irritating propaganda.
And maybe edit your last post rather than replying again 4 or 5 times back to back (to bump and pump lies)

And spare me your lectures..
i know more about this than you do.. i have worked on SHA3 related miner coding for 1 full year straight kid lol

Basically your saying he is a celebrity so uhh that is it.. that is your only excuse as to why this coin is great.
And i also debate his celebrity status lol
Only after his coin was announced did i even read a word he ever said and i never have seen his videos or seen him on TV either.
But i had heard his name thrown around a few times and i think it was because of stuff like when he was Pumping Quark lol
How is that working out now ?

And the launch ? Your covering mistakes made by the devs and lying about it basically.. be honest.
I never used a command line daemon before so when they announced the binaries for the windows wallet
within 10 minutes of their password unlocking that was clearly a way to screw people and worse yet,
i tried to run the damn wallet and i was stone walled for hours straight at launch and could not get sync'd to mine..
And to my surprise the actual devs contradicted your lies and admitted there was bugs in the wallet for windows
even though you just said there wasn't and they released a FIXED version of the wallet daemon and guess what ?
Within 2 seconds my client updated and was working RIGHT AWAY.. so me and ALL THE OTHER guys who were
struggling having problems mining from minute one on release day were actually not doing ANYTHING wrong at all !
We are not babies buddy we were pissed off because we got jewed !
My net connection was idle and plenty fast enough to update a wallet ..i know i have installed 50 of them far before you started i bet..
and my conf was identical to when it did not work at all proving the problem was not on my end or
the shitload of other peoples end who could not mine either.. i know i was on IRC with these other guys
AND i am getting tired of you pricks running around the net trying to cover this up and make us out to be noobs
because you were lucky to flash mine.. I TRIED i had all my miner stuff setup in advance and all i had to was use the password I WAS FIRST IN LINE !

And buddy don't change the subject, i didn't say Asics were 'made'.. you said it was not possible and i said it was.. stop playing games.

So did the Max coin team hire you to spread propaganda and hype this crap coin ?

Also why the hell did you post the topic when you clearly want to spout off your own lies ?
Seems to me you don't want to know what people think of Max Coin contrary to the title when you asked..

By the way i have been mining the coin.. i am doing it right now.
BUT i don't like it when people like you march around spreading lies and propaganda and playing games
simply for some rather obvious ulterior motive.. sure let's mine and trade it but cut the crap buddy.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:00:56 PM

This is what the coders said about it:

I would like to add that the coin has inbuilt algorithm changing so if someone was to build an ASIC the devs would simply change the algorithm and they would be rendered useless.
http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xh1xl/the_maxcoin_advantage/cfba4hy

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:09:34 PM

well, i'm happy with my 0.2 btc i got from my 30 maxcoin i managed to get with my GTX 580 Smiley

Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

This is what the coders said about it:

I would like to add that the coin has inbuilt algorithm changing so if someone was to build an ASIC the devs would simply change the algorithm and they would be rendered useless.
http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xh1xl/the_maxcoin_advantage/cfba4hy

its not that simple.. all their "feature" means is that they don't need to hard fork. The network has to reach consensus on the change of algorithm and that's only after X blocks have been mined... I can see that being a big sticking point in the future with one side wanting more CPU friendly and others wanting more GPU friendly.

and what if they stuff up the new hash algo like they stuffed up the launch.... then the system grinds to a halt.. DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:17:16 PM

Awhile ago I commented how Max Keiser seemed to me to indicate the rise of potential populist bitcoin demagogues.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172189.msg1791580#msg1791580

Mr. Keiser launching his own coin seems to confirm my suspicions at the time.

That said: New coin, direct access to Media PR, new hashing Algo, and powerful backers in the form of Max's cohorts that are probably in on the scheme. I would cry pump-and-dump, but they don't really have any reason to dump- do they? They just pump and pump and pump. Max is probably buying up coins when they are cheap letting regular miners do his work of collecting a big war chest for him.

It's hard to see how this coin could fail- at least in the short term. He's got everything he needs to make it succeed.

more or less retired.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:33:42 PM

Awhile ago I commented how Max Keiser seemed to me to indicate the rise of potential populist bitcoin demagogues.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172189.msg1791580#msg1791580

Mr. Keiser launching his own coin seems to confirm my suspicions at the time.

That said: New coin, direct access to Media PR, new hashing Algo, and powerful backers in the form of Max's cohorts that are probably in on the scheme. I would cry pump-and-dump, but they don't really have any reason to dump- do they? They just pump and pump and pump. Max is probably buying up coins when they are cheap letting regular miners do his work of collecting a big war chest for him.

It's hard to see how this coin could fail- at least in the short term. He's got everything he needs to make it succeed.

My thoughts exactly.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:42:05 PM

but the market for an alt coin is still limited to enthousiasts, and maxcoin got quite a bad name with the borked launch in my opinion.

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:51:39 PM

Max Keiser @maxkeiser
.@StartJOIN will be helping developers around the world develop for #maxcoin
@maxcoinproject

Max Keiser @maxkeiser
Another way to make cash with @maxcoinproject  UK FinTech? Fund your #maxcoin development on @StartJOIN (send to: projects@startjoin.com)

Max Keiser @maxkeiser
Great timing for #fintech startups: create software for new #Maxcoin #cryptocurrency intro'd in Bristol maxcoin.co.uk
@StartJOIN
RE https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/432886892246212608

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:09:09 PM

but the market for an alt coin is still limited to enthousiasts, and maxcoin got quite a bad name with the borked launch in my opinion.

Yeah but Mr. Keiser pretty handily solved that by writing off anyone unhappy as a "crybaby". A pretty effective slight as many people here do indeed known the command line and linux and are proud of it. Besides, the advantage isn't enormous, enormous. It's fair enough to be workable.

more or less retired.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

Yeah but Mr. Keiser pretty handily solved that by writing off anyone unhappy as a "crybaby". A pretty effective slight as many people here do indeed known the command line and linux and are proud of it. Besides, the advantage isn't enormous, enormous. It's fair enough to be workable.

Those people bitching because they are less tech savvy only lost 1 day of mining. Even now, 4-5 days after the launch, Maxcoin is much more profitable to mine than any other alt coin. So please, people quit your bitching and join the party.

Also mining was even easier the 2nd day, after launch, due to implemented mining algo.

Windows GUI wallets have also been out for days. Got mine installed the very next day.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

Those people bitching because they are less tech savvy only lost 1 day of mining.

That was the killer profit window that was monopolized by the devs.

It went off exactly as planned.

~BCX~

Perhaps, but if someone is looking to invest in alt-coins, it's hard to beat a celebrity face with direct access to the media. When Coblee started litecoin the alt-coin community had a fraction of the open source services and scripts it has today and it had a slug it out for a long time. If I read right, you can already buy maxcoin for fiat- 3 days after launch. That's pretty impressive.

I think the project will be a success and I'm buying my own stash of coins to reflect my feelings. It's as innovative as litecoin was at the time when it came out, has a full infrastructure right out of the box, and large investors who are incentivised to buy. Hard to argue with that.

more or less retired.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:51:17 PM

Those people bitching because they are less tech savvy only lost 1 day of mining.

~BCX~

Perhaps, but if someone is looking to invest in alt-coins, it's hard to beat a celebrity face with direct access to the media. When Coblee started litecoin the alt-coin community had a fraction of the open source services and scripts it has today and it had a slug it out for a long time. If I read right, you can already buy maxcoin for fiat- 3 days after launch. That's pretty impressive.

I think the project will be a success and I'm buying my own stash of coins to reflect my feelings. It's as innovative as litecoin was at the time when it came out, has a full infrastructure right out of the box, and large investors who are incentivised to buy. Hard to argue with that.

+1 My thoughts as well. Glad to see this forum is not all full of dumb people  crying all day long about wallet not syncing or working from day 1 and their missed opportunity to mine it. Some should at least consider maxcoin as a natural born pump/dump coin that has MONEY written all over it  MONEY from mining, MONEY from trading.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:40:53 PM

~BCX~

+1 My thoughts as well. Glad to see this forum is not all full of dumb people  crying all day long about wallet not syncing or working from day 1 and their missed opportunity to mine it. Some should at least consider maxcoin as a natural born pump/dump coin that has MONEY written all over it  MONEY from mining, MONEY from trading.

Actually I see this coin as surviving same as Litecoin, Primecoin or other coins. I don't think it will go away anytime soon. It has the capital behind it, which frankly Litecoin doesn't have, nor the free marketing Keiser can bring to the table. It can easily overtake the likes of Namecoin, Feathercoin, Primecoin and so on.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:13:23 PM

~BCX~

Kind of sad that other people can't see the bleeding obvious. The devs were mining the hell out of this from the start.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:18:57 PM

~BCX~

Kind of sad that other people can't see the bleeding obvious. The devs were mining the hell out of this from the start.

Not the point. Can we move on from the stupid 1st day mining issues? It doesn't make or break a coin. Satoshi premined the shit out of Bitcoin and he owns big chunk of all Bitcoins created. So please cut this 1st day linux only mining BS. I'm sick of hearing this crap over n over. Bunch of silly crybabies. Just get over it already.

I'm sorry that the path to riches isn't as easy as you would like it to be.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:29:14 PM

~BCX~

Not the point. Can we move on from the stupid 1st day mining issues? It doesn't make or break a coin. Satoshi premined the shit out of Bitcoin and he owns big chunk of all Bitcoins created. So please cut this 1st day linux only mining BS. I'm sick of hearing this crap over n over. Bunch of silly crybabies. Just get over it already.

I'm sorry that the path to riches isn't as easy as you would like it to be.

People are entitled to voice their opinions, and if they want to complain about how god awful the launch was (which it damn well was), they will. It's not like it's going to devalue the coins in your pocket. If people are going to invest their hard earned money in something, then they deserve to know.

My "path" is doing just fine without Maxcoin. I could buy more than enough of them to join the hype if I was so inclined. However inclined I am not.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

Given the current price its trading at, the best any holders of the coin can hope for is to maintain its value relative to BTC. It will be volatile and you can trade around it but overall don't see too much upside from here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: