Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:48:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advantages and disadvantages of Bitcoin 🌟  (Read 1662 times)
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 03:54:57 PM

I think there is simply no disadvantage of bitcoin for the long term holders, if you are a trader then there are lots of disadvantages you can face in the short term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tranvanvan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:50:14 PM

Bitcoin isn't just an investment to a lot of people. You might see it as just another investment, but many here actually want Bitcoin to succeed. On the other hand, when I invest in a company on the stock market, I couldn't give a fuck what happens to that company as long as I can make some money and get out at the right time. Bitcoin is not that
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:15:14 AM

Agreed with Your Opinion, That Bitcoin have Advantages and Disadvantages, But i think advantages of bitcoin is when we make a profit and disadvantage is when we are lose any aset. Bitcoin now down, Take action to save your aset
Litecoindigger (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:54:22 PM

Bitcoin isn't just an investment to a lot of people. You might see it as just another investment, but many here actually want Bitcoin to succeed. On the other hand, when I invest in a company on the stock market, I couldn't give a fuck what happens to that company as long as I can make some money and get out at the right time. Bitcoin is not that
I agree here, making profits can be a good thing but it's more a sidenote of Bitcoin. The main interest of Bitcoin is to change the money system in a better way. Making it decentralized instead of it's actually centralized character. This was Satoshi's intention when he invented Bitcoin.
And over all I'm looking forward to see Bitcoin succeded in every point mentioned above Smiley
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:03:11 PM

Among all the advantages of bitcoins, the speed of which transactions are made is the one that make bitcoins prefer than other form of payment and the  disadvantage of bitcoins been irreversible when transactions already happen is what makes me dislike it.

Litecoindigger (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:06:01 PM

Among all the advantages of bitcoins, the speed of which transactions are made is the one that make bitcoins prefer than other form of payment and the  disadvantage of bitcoins been irreversible when transactions already happen is what makes me dislike it.
Transaction speed of Bitcoin is I think relatively low compared to other payment options and compared to other coins, speed is currenty sufficent, altough it needs to be improved in future, but I'm not concerned about it because the lightning network will do a great job to process more transactions per second.  Smiley
farshid.shastri123

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:52:43 AM

Advantages:

1. Send money to anyone from anywhere.
2. Decentralised i.e no local authority to impose tax or limits of transfer
3. Prices are always going up.
4. Quick and easy.

Disadvantages:

1. Not for people with less tech knowledge
2. Once you send your funds to a wrong address, you lose all your money as transactions are irreversible.
3. Price Volatile in nature.

Hope that helps.
Litecoindigger (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:25:34 PM

Advantages:

1. Send money to anyone from anywhere.
2. Decentralised i.e no local authority to impose tax or limits of transfer
3. Prices are always going up.
4. Quick and easy.
I agree except number 3. Since 12/2017 Bitcoin price decreases.

Disadvantages:

1. Not for people with less tech knowledge
2. Once you send your funds to a wrong address, you lose all your money as transactions are irreversible.
3. Price Volatile in nature.

Hope that helps.
Number 2 and 3 are valid points but I think number 1 it's very easy to learn Bitcoin's use.  Wink

Thanks for sharing!

Litecoindigger (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:25:30 PM

OP updated
wvizmanos

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:23:36 PM

For me the advantage of being an early believer / adapter in bitcoin surely has already been reaping the benefits of bitcoin. If you're just a newcomer then I cannot say the same thing.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:18:48 AM

• Early adopters, like users who have already purchased large quantities at very low prices, are already benefiting much more from the price increases.
You forget that early adopter did transactions in Bitcoin. They took risk , with their time and money and helped it in growing. AFAIK no early adopter has any stash of Bitcoin they always used it for doing transactions. ( Like purchasing 2 pizzas for 10000 BTC.)

I am alive
Litecoindigger (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:43:10 AM

• Early adopters, like users who have already purchased large quantities at very low prices, are already benefiting much more from the price increases.
You forget that early adopter did transactions in Bitcoin. They took risk , with their time and money and helped it in growing. AFAIK no early adopter has any stash of Bitcoin they always used it for doing transactions. ( Like purchasing 2 pizzas for 10000 BTC.)
Yeah, agree here, this point can also be seen as a neutral one, but many people don't feel comfortable having huge whales, also if it wasn't intentionally. But I understand you.
Robbio

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:22:19 AM

This is very helpful for novices. My point is that the advantage of Bitcoin is the free currency in the true sense. Can invest globally. Its disadvantage is that it is used by some illegal elements as a transaction. Such as arms, drugs.
baienpee

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:25:02 AM

Advantages: The real free currency in human history.
Disadvantages: Hesitation of freedom can not be controlled, all he can smuggle arms or drugs.
Panat

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:54:25 AM

Bitcoin also have limited amount of coins. When they all will be mined blockchain won't work as I see.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:07:20 PM

For me the important advantage of bitcoin is you can exchange it to money and you can spend this money without any problem  from country  who don't accept bitcoin and the disadvantage of it is btc price can be low in any moment so your profit from bitcoin will be low
DALVIRSINGH5353

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:34:40 PM

the biggest disadvantages for me are lack of regulations and uncertainty related to bitcoin, it is not backed by anything so it is very speculative and people think it is unreliable.
MegUsta

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:44:47 AM

Main advantage is that you can send a transaction any time you want and no one can stop you from doing this.

moiza126

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:15:39 PM

There is this biggest benefit that people can't steal your payment information from merchants like how banks do.In banking transactions,they ask you information about your credit card,your name and the number.Whereas in Bitcoin there are two keys public key and private key.Public key is usually just your Bitcoin address and is always public whereas private key is secret.
Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:54:29 PM

I think the biggest advantage of it is the VOLATILITY of bitcoin i know that this is natural in bitcoin but the dips are getting lower and there are no increase in the price and also some disadvantage of bitcoin is the holders or the whales who are manipulating the market that's my opinion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: