Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MetaMask BLOCK JOY token transaction popup between legit transactions  (Read 88 times)
Noobaru (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 01:20:14 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:32:05 AM by Noobaru

Ok, so here is the thing. I was doing some "shopping" with MetaMask account and when confirmation window popped up I didn't read where I was sending my ETH, because I was 100% sure it was legit. Silly me of course, but it wasn't a lot of money and lesson is learned forever. So, unfortunately, my ETH was sent to this address: https://etherscan.io/address/0xeac3cf28cc9bf82915804325ef9e05ac65de79e3.

Now this looks like a scam to me. Token ticker is JOY, but the name is BLOCK JOY, so this can't be that JOY gaming token? And even if it is, how can it be that my MetaMask transactions were being interfered with? The site that I was buying on is almost certainly ok, but could be compromised in some way. I don't know that, I told the admins to look into it and they said they will. I made 3 transactions, 1st and 3rd were legit (I got what I wanted and ETH was sent to the right address), but the one in between bought me those BLOCK JOY tokens on confirmation. If this is a scam, you can clearly see that this guy already got over $4000 and some poor person was scammed for 6 ETH just 9 days ago.

I should also say that I think I'm not phished. I checked for keyloggers and almost never visit suspicious sites and have antivirus and antimalware running in the background at all times. So, my machine shouldn't be compromised in any way. I'm leaning towards the fact that the website is compromised.

Does anyone know more about this? Be careful out there! There is a lot of scamming and phishing going on these days!  Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: