Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:28:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China Holiday Ended Yesterday. China wakes again in about 5 hours. Predictions?  (Read 3298 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:22:55 PM

Lol... it will never happen girl...

Silence!

One cannot use words to argue against another armed with a chart,with lines drawn on it! Unless you have a different chart with different lines drawn on it, I suggest you pipe down!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:26:40 PM

Lol... it will never happen girl...

Silence!

One cannot use words to argue against another armed with a chart,with lines drawn on it! Unless you have a different chart with different lines drawn on it, I suggest you pipe down!

I never said with certainty that this is what WILL happen. But in a weird sort of way the chart does make some sense.  I look at it as a best case and worst case scenario.  There is reasons to believe we are on one of these adoption curves.  So far Bitcoin has been following an S-Curve adoption rate of new technology.  Many traders on the forum have been using the log-linear line to make trading decisions.  However, it appears to me that we have moved on to the other line now.  As hard as it may seem to believe, the price may be undervalued right now!  We won't know for a few months but if the price does get up to about $10,000 per coin by May we will then have more evidence of which line we are moving along on.  And these numbers are not just pulled out of thin air. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:31:58 PM

I never said with certainty that this is what WILL happen. But in a weird sort of way the chart does make some sense.  I look at it as a best case and worst case scenario.  There is reasons to believe we are on one of these adoption curves.  So far Bitcoin has been following an S-Curve adoption rate of new technology.  Many traders on the forum have been using the log-linear line to make trading decisions.  However, it appears to me that we have moved on to the other line now.  As hard as it may seem to believe, the price may be undervalued right now!  We won't know for a few months but if the price does get up to about $10,000 per coin by May we will then have more evidence of which line we are moving along on.  And these numbers are not just pulled out of thin air. 

I have only been joking but I think that some people may have been taking me seriously. So to be serious:

I am holding no Bitcoins. This is because my belief is that Bitcoin is going to tank, probably worse than anyone might imagine.

I am not shorting Bitcoins either, because I don't trust Bitfinex not to suddenly get hacked/go tits up and for my funds to disappear down a black hole.

I don't have any charts, with any lines drawn on them. But if I were to be forced to make one up, I would concoct one showing that after every previous Bitcoin bubble, the price has dipped below the 200 day Moving Average, and that would mean sub $500 Bitcoin.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:39:40 PM

I never said with certainty that this is what WILL happen. But in a weird sort of way the chart does make some sense.  I look at it as a best case and worst case scenario.  There is reasons to believe we are on one of these adoption curves.  So far Bitcoin has been following an S-Curve adoption rate of new technology.  Many traders on the forum have been using the log-linear line to make trading decisions.  However, it appears to me that we have moved on to the other line now.  As hard as it may seem to believe, the price may be undervalued right now!  We won't know for a few months but if the price does get up to about $10,000 per coin by May we will then have more evidence of which line we are moving along on.  And these numbers are not just pulled out of thin air.  

I have only been joking but I think that some people may have been taking me seriously. So to be serious:

I am holding no Bitcoins. This is because my belief is that Bitcoin is going to tank, probably worse than anyone might imagine.

I am not shorting Bitcoins either, because I don't trust Bitfinex not to suddenly get hacked/go tits up and for my funds to disappear down a black hole.

I don't have any charts, with any lines drawn on them. But if I were to be forced to make one up, I would concoct one showing that after every previous Bitcoin bubble, the price has dipped below the 200 day Moving Average, and that would mean sub $500 Bitcoin.

You are holding no Bitcoins?  Are you 100% certain Bitcoin will tank?  are you only 50/50 about it?  If so, I would at least buy one!  Today is a good day to do so BTW.  There is a chart that says we will reach $1,000,000 by 2017 at the latest. Wink

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:42:54 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 10:53:29 PM by MatTheCat

You are holding no Bitcoins?  Are you 100% certain Bitcoin will tank?  are you only 50/50 about it?  If so, I would at least buy one!  Today is a good day to do so BTW.  Wink

I am just as bearish now as I was at $820 when I sold my last Bitcoin. Actually I lie, I am even more bearish, worse than bearish. Even although I am holding no Bitcoins. I am now frightened of a real Bitcoin bloodbath.

A lot of people of unremarkable intelligence have lucked out in Bitcoin big style and as a consequence, now have heads the size of Jupiter and throw their 'advice' (Buy and HODL at any price cos any price is cheap) around as though they were financial wizards possessing some kind of esoteric knowledge about Bitcoin, the free market, 'and how it all works'. For this reason, I get quite agitated with a lot of people on here. But would it really be a great thing to see all those essentially clueless Joe Blows getting taken to the cleaners by the same old assortment of financial sharks? Probably not.

MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:44:02 PM

I really hope China wakes up and decide it's time to dump. So funny when there's action, last few weeks have been too slow.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

You are holding no Bitcoins?  Are you 100% certain Bitcoin will tank?  are you only 50/50 about it?  If so, I would at least buy one!  Today is a good day to do so BTW.  Wink

I am just as bearish now as I was at $820 when I sold my last Bitcoin. Actually I lie, I am even more bearish, worse than bearish. Even although I am holding no Bitcoins. I am now frightened of a real Bitcoin bloodbath.

A lot of people of unremarkable intelligence have lucked out in Bitcoin big style and as a consequence, now have heads the size of Jupiter and throw their 'advice' (Buy and HODL at any price cos any price is cheap) around as though they were financial wizards possessing some kind of esoteric knowledge about Bitcoin, the free market, 'and how it all works'. For this reason, I get quite agitated with a lot of people on here. But would it really be a great thing to see all those essentially clueless Joe Blows getting taken to the cleaners by the same old assortment of financial sharks? Probably not.

Mat: The mentality reminds me of those who host tupperware parties or push Amway on their friends.  Some people here have a small fortune in Bitcoin and will defend it to the death.  I can't blame them.  People should just realize that for each bear who wants to put a fright into people to snatch up "teh cheep coinz", there is a bull who cringes whenever the markets go red because their wealth is literally crumbling before them and will urge investors to HODL (i.e. prop up their retirement fund).  And yes, the Bitcoin nouveau riche should keep their egos in check.  It makes about as much sense as being proud of winning the lottery.  Case in point, there was a guy in this forum bragging about some junk alt coin he bought up a few years ago and sold for $2mil on BTC-E.  But hey, if people are dumb enough to buy it, more power to him.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:58:30 PM

The Chinese men all wake up together, take group showers, go outside in a formation, meditate, practice kung fu forms, worship the emporer, eat breakfast, go to work, take their month's paycheck, and invest it directly into bitcoin. Bitcoin shoots to $1,000,000.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:05:55 AM

The Chinese men all wake up together, take group showers, go outside in a formation, meditate, practice kung fu forms, worship the emporer, eat breakfast, go to work, take their month's paycheck, and invest it directly into bitcoin. Bitcoin shoots to $1,000,000.

Huobi's fake volume bots commission by the PBOC will mimic USD exchanges but trend just that little bit higher in order to offer the big nosed foreign barbarians some hope, so that they may not sell off too rapidly whilst Chinese Bitcoin whales cash out at as high a price as possible on Bitstamp.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:11:40 AM

Mat: The mentality reminds me of those who host tupperware parties or push Amway on their friends.  Some people here have a small fortune in Bitcoin and will defend it to the death.  I can't blame them.  People should just realize that for each bear who wants to put a fright into people to snatch up "teh cheep coinz", there is a bull who cringes whenever the markets go red because their wealth is literally crumbling before them and will urge investors to HODL (i.e. prop up their retirement fund).  And yes, the Bitcoin nouveau riche should keep their egos in check.  It makes about as much sense as being proud of winning the lottery.  Case in point, there was a guy in this forum bragging about some junk alt coin he bought up a few years ago and sold for $2mil on BTC-E.  But hey, if people are dumb enough to buy it, more power to him.

I don't consider myself that early of an investor.  Should have bought more sooner of course. Wink  So I probably don't fall under the "Bitcoin nouveau riche" category as you put it.

That said, I think many of us hold because we have been victims of panicking when the price has dropped in the past only to realize that it bounces back and keeps moving upwards.  So we really are trying to be helpful.  It is painful to sell when the price drops only to have it go back up again to newer heights.  It is wiser to just hold and have a plan as to what price point it is best to cash out at.

And if Bitcoin really does reach the heights many feel strongly it will get to, isn't $700 still a great time to buy?  I think it is.  I would be buying if my cash was not already tied up.  But to each his own.

Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:19:13 AM

I really hope China wakes up and decide it's time to pump. So funny when there's action, last few weeks have been too slow.
Fixed mate.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:29:05 AM

I don't consider myself that early of an investor.  Should have bought more sooner of course. Wink  So I probably don't fall under the "Bitcoin nouveau riche" category as you put it.

That said, I think many of us hold because we have been victims of panicking when the price has dropped in the past only to realize that it bounces back and keeps moving upwards.  So we really are trying to be helpful.  It is painful to sell when the price drops only to have it go back up again to newer heights.  It is wiser to just hold and have a plan as to what price point it is best to cash out at.

And if Bitcoin really does reach the heights many feel strongly it will get to, isn't $700 still a great time to buy?  I think it is.  I would be buying if my cash was not already tied up.  But to each his own.

100% agree, I tried trading in spring/summer 2013 when the price was slowly rising and found out I would've earned the same or more if I just held. Seen a lot of people panic sell and lose, so I just decided to play it safe and have more free time, but unfortunately last two months was a traders paradise, every week +/- $100 and slow down trend (bad for holders). Holding gets easy if you go past the early stage (first few months) when the price is close to your entry, that's why early adopters can hold with no regrets. The rest of us, who bought at $500 or more may still lose.

adam9317

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:18:59 AM

From your past experiencs is it better to day trade or just to hold?

chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:20:59 AM

depends which day it is.

adam9317

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:06:17 AM

depends which day it is.

Do you find like weekends are different than weekdays or something like this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:48:17 PM

depends which day it is.

It's not about days of the week but market swings. If the trend is up (like it was in October and December before the correction - check out how it looks on the graphs) you're better off holding. If the market is swinging daily or crashing it's better to trade. This thing with Gox seems to be a good trading opportunity.

adam9317

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:18:52 PM

depends which day it is.

It's not about days of the week but market swings. If the trend is up (like it was in October and December before the correction - check out how it looks on the graphs) you're better off holding. If the market is swinging daily or crashing it's better to trade. This thing with Gox seems to be a good trading opportunity.

Brilliant thanks mate, I understand what you are saying!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: