Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I just rant about how much I hate freelancing!!!  (Read 857 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:32:51 PM

It pays the bills, but come on, if you are hiring a freelancer, don't give me this code, which is like complex code, that is trying to hide itself and tell me to remove things that aren't there.

This is exactly when I go, I have to start another company or I am going to be brain fried from this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:39:09 PM

Thing I hate most about freelancing is never knowing when you're going to have work Undecided  But perhaps this is more common for the artist than it is the programmer.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:01:41 AM

Freelancing is best way of living!
And it is so so hard.

I am trying to be a freelancer so I know how hard it is.

But for me - from month to month I find better way to earn money and stay a FREE MAN! Smiley
I don't like corporations Tongue

Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:31:10 AM

Worst part is not knowing if you'll have any work or not. Sometimes there is no work for a week or so, sometimes everyone wants everything done right now. Other then that I can only complain about low paying jobs, but when there are no better ones, what can I do.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:32:49 AM

Freelancing is the best thing to do. If you are a programmer, you will get brain fried. Whether you work for yourself, or for someone else doesn't matter.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:19:52 AM

Freelancing is best way of living!
And it is so so hard.

I am trying to be a freelancer so I know how hard it is.

But for me - from month to month I find better way to earn money and stay a FREE MAN! Smiley
I don't like corporations Tongue

I love it! But sometimes some people make you them slave.

Well they are paying you to do a job. They essentially become your boss for a short period of time, and sometimes bosses are dicks. Infact, most of the time they are lol.

Worst part is not knowing if you'll have any work or not. Sometimes there is no work for a week or so, sometimes everyone wants everything done right now. Other then that I can only complain about low paying jobs, but when there are no better ones, what can I do.

Yeah, that's the gift and the curse of freelancing, but at least if you've had enough you can always take as long as you want off, but then sometimes you might not have a choice if there's no work.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:50:08 PM

That's why I sold my Sig Smiley and when I haven't got any job I can relax @ this forum and write posts with you + get some little cash for running in a same while Tongue

But I must say I haven't got any kids yet, so there is no one that will be hungry because father is not gaining enough $BTC

Smiley

I had hard time for about a year (even more, but let say for a year), and then I found Bitcoin.
It change my life so much.
Reddit -> Jobs4Bitcoin
Bitcointalk.org -> services

it gave me money when I was in a deep money crush.

Then I invest some of earnings into Dogecoins Tongue when price was 0.00000040BTC

And again it gave me money when I realy was in need Smiley

I ran my own company as a freelancer and I need to pay taxes etc.
My company do mostly PC service (reparing and stuff...), and I am 1 person company with no money to
make good advert etc. so it is reeealy hard to find customer.
From month to month situation is changing to better, but still from my company I earn less than I need to spend on it to make it works.

I was realy in deep stress what to do before I first entered into Bitcoin world.
I must say it is still very difficult and to earn something from tasks or bounties I need to be around Bitcointalk and Reddit 24/7 almost Cheesy
(maybe 15/7)... and it is never sure that I will find some nice task.

Being freelancer is only for people with big endurance for stress.
And for people who can live a while with no money Tongue

Being freelancer is most beautiful thing in a world!

Even yesterday they make a call to me from Pega company, that they want me as a software developer,
and I did not say no - because why not see what offer they will make Tongue if they will make ridicously good offer I can think about it,
(I am almost sure, that they will give some shitty offer anyway), but I am not thinking of quiting freelancing at all! Smiley

I was hired by about 20-30 different companies in my whole life.

I learned few things:
1. I hate when boss cheat on me
2. I hate when boss don't pay at right time
3. I am hard working man who is loyal to his boss, but boss is never loyal to you.
    Boss is always boss.
4. I hate boot-lickers and I don't like to work near them.
5. I don't like when boss shout at me when I am late 10min.
6. Boss will never tell you whole true and you never know everything about company.
7. 92,6% of companies were shit.
8. I was fired only once. I always quit by myself because 1-7

= I love to be a freelancer.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:07:52 PM

Lol, is that number exact?  Cheesy
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:25:21 PM

Lol, is that number exact?  Cheesy

xD it is average.

Lol Smiley
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:16:26 PM

Freelancing is good depending upon some conditions like you can do freelancing as far as you are a bachelor and doesn't require a big house big car and quality time to spend with your girlfriend or family. Because once you get married have kids then a certain level of stability is extremely needed  in your life !!  Smiley
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:55:38 AM

Freelancing is good depending upon some conditions like you can do freelancing as far as you are a bachelor and doesn't require a big house big car and quality time to spend with your girlfriend or family. Because once you get married have kids then a certain level of stability is extremely needed  in your life !!  Smiley

yes I know and perhaps this is what I am worried about a bit - because indeed there are months when I have a little money and in a "family" it would be a catastrophe Smiley

Indeed stability is very good - as I wish to build something that will give me that stability in a few years.
Smiley Anyway - freelancing is hard indeed and perhaps too extreme if you have kids and a wife.
zee112212

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:00:51 PM

If you are freelancing especially doing seo and virtual assistant. Just understand what you are doing and understand how your employer make money. Try to do it on your own. Make money and without freelancing anymore.  Wink
zeeshsnrehman

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:44:05 PM

I made money in freelancing in odesk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: