Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your mnemonic phrases?  (Read 1525 times)
Iksia

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 07:56:28 PM

I keep my phrases in my facebook account i send it tl ny self so even i lost my phone i still got those passwords. One more is on microsoft word type the. Save as a file keep on my flashdrive. Until now its safe with care. Hoping to not loss any of my accounts. And avoid being hacked

Я бы нe cтaлa тaк дoвepять facebook  и тeм бoлee тeлeфoнy. Я пpидepживaюcь пpaвилy, чтo caмый тyпoй кapaндaш ocтpee нaшeй пaмяти. Xpaню pyкoпиcнyю фpaзy в нecкoлькиx мecтax, нaпpимep кaк пoдпиcь нa фoтoгpaфии.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rumayanhi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

maybe my way is equal to others To secure my personal data such as mnemonic phrases, login username and password, 2fa secret code, I always create google documents. And I compressed it through winrar with a strong password and saved it to my usd flash drive. That's how I securely secure my personal data. I hope this will help you
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:18:11 PM

I would like to trusth mnemonic phrases because it's really convenient to be able to keep your entire Bitcoin wealth in your head by memorizing 12 words, but im still too paranoid to move my cold storage into an Electrum wallet, even after taking all reasonable security measures like doing it in an airgapped computer and so on.

My main worry is key derivation. Someone with the right info could cause wreck you due possible derivation of the seed. Anyone knows what are the exploitable attacks and dangers of mnemonic phrases vs just keeping your good ol wallet.dat in an airgapped computer?
Forsyth Jones

Activity: 1162
Merit: 618

Press F for Leo

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 10:38:55 PM

I would like to trusth mnemonic phrases because it's really convenient to be able to keep your entire Bitcoin wealth in your head by memorizing 12 words, but im still too paranoid to move my cold storage into an Electrum wallet, even after taking all reasonable security measures like doing it in an airgapped computer and so on.

My main worry is key derivation. Someone with the right info could cause wreck you due possible derivation of the seed. Anyone knows what are the exploitable attacks and dangers of mnemonic phrases vs just keeping your good ol wallet.dat in an airgapped computer?
I no longer use wallets that have backup mnemonic phrases but I think it is very easy to use this type of backup to be able to store your personal password in your wallet and to be able to access it anywhere in the world as you like just by remembering a 12/24 word sentence you have no risk in trusting the personal password of your wallet because you knowing the derivation path and your seed you will easily have access to your wallet because the seed is the entropy in human readable form for easy memorization is much easier to memorize an order of words (binary representation) than the seed in hexadecimal format.

But I prefer to save in the wallet.dat than the bitcoin core wallet because it seems more convenient.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Anrxa

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:07:17 PM

I'm thinking about buying myself Cryptosteel. This is the original indestructible backup tool for optimal offline storage of cryptocurrency wallet recovery seeds (24 words), private keys and passwords.

racatbtc

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:52:49 AM

i use a sentence i like , easy to remember ... you can not have more easier
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:26:51 PM

I think a lot of you are forgetting something very important. What will you do if you hit your head or die? Have you written clear instructions on what this random garble of words is so that your surviving relatives have some sort of clue how to access your bitcoin? It's not enough to just store you seed phrase, you also need to leave instructions on where it is stored and let people know about how much it is worth. I know if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, a bunch of people would be able to follow my instructions and get that bitcoin out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: