Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7173 times)
Litecoindigger (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:55:00 PM
Merited by Zicadis (1), Preclus (1)

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:15:58 PM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.
JamesR1

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:23:00 PM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.
Even hardware are not completely safe if some damage occurs to the device with forgetting 25 words to restore old wallet with new device but it still best choice along with paper wallet . right now people fear the dump only because many bought bitcoin at high price .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:55:46 PM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i also think that it maybe stolen or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet also and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:18:54 PM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i also think that it maybe stolen or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet also and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.

Sorry, but no one can really say their Bitcoin is 100% safe in any sort of online wallet. I'm not saying people can't or shouldn't use their BTC online(obviously), but at least realize the risks. Cold wallets with properly stored information in order to recover them is are thr gold standard.
huntingbtc5

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:31:22 PM

As long as your private keys are safe your bitcoin is safe. Because it is merely impossible to breach into another's wallet without knowing private keys. So keep your private keys safe. Best use offline wallet to ensure security. 
costanos02

Activity: 518
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:15:55 AM

Bitcoin is risky, there is no such thing as safety in bitcoin anything happen in an blink if an eye, but you can minimize the risk by taking care your private key and other important accounts.
BagzMM

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:30:12 AM

Bitcoin is risky, there is no such thing as safety in bitcoin anything happen in an blink if an eye, but you can minimize the risk by taking care your private key and other important accounts.
Yes i agree, in the world of bitcoin we cannot assure the 100% safeness of our account. We are the one who is accountable of our own account that's why we need to be more cautious and be responsible of any transaction we are going to make.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:38:52 AM

In talking of security and safe keeping Bitcoin is safe as long as we know how to keep our credentials, accounts details, private keys and personal data to be safe. Our ignorance will not be a reason if we will not ensure the safety of our Bitcoin but in talking of how safe is Bitcoin as investments then i could say there is no guarantee of the safety becauase it is very risky specially now that the price is constantly fluctuating so better think  twice before joining.
Batask

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:41:47 AM

Theres no such thing as safety here in crypto world, this world is quite a risky, because we dont know and we cant predict what they're gonna do, if it is Rise or Fall. So I can say that bitcoin is not safety, Its risky its all up to you how you handle things in crisis moment. So take a risk and you see how wonderful crypto world is.
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:43:40 AM

Bitcoin is extremely safe,to investors, for buy and holdlong, for trading, all you to do is be very careful with your password,don't look at the price,its the nature due to buying and selling like trades..
olgafox0404

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:54:19 AM

it is completely safe !!! if you are only stupid not to visit third-party sites, or do not leave anyone your private key! so for large investors there is cold storage, which is the safest kind !!!!
dario.93

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:07:17 AM

I haven't heard about any case when Bitcoin was not secure, so I think it is secured well, and we don't need to feel anything, I might be nyan this blockchain technology is Rich and well developed. I haven't heard about any case when Bitcoin was not secure, so I think it is secured well, and we don't need to feel anything, I might be nyan this blockchain technology is Rich and well developed.
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:22:50 AM

Bitcoin is safe, however there is a chance to lose all your bitcoin when it's come to human error. it's common when human make mistake, so you need to double check everything to make sure you didn't download additional malware / keylogger / script and keep your seed safe
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:30:26 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

I think no one can really say or claim that he is 100 % safe of his bitcoin to any hackers knowing how advance our technology these days. You can only lower the risks of anyone on getting your bitcoin by doing some precautionary actions. You can do sorting your bitcoin on multiple online wallets so that it is distributed.  Also,  you can keep your bitcoin on other type of wallets like paper wallet or hard wallet. Also,  keep your private keys safe,  the reason why it is called private is because you must not be careless by putting it on any platforms online.
Winifredinme825

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:37:22 AM

It's hard to talk about this. When high profits will go to high risk. The volatility of prices, as well as the passage through the central bourses and the prohibition of the government, pose a threat to btc.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:44:00 AM

Use the wallet carefully, avoid possible hacking cases, use long passwords and many special characters!
That's my option for the Wallet online!
saLve88

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:45:37 AM

Best way to secure all your cryptos is to use an offline wallet instead of exchanges and online wallets as it will keep you safe from any online attack. And yes its very difficult to still bitcoin as most of the people own private key to the wallet just keep them safe.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:45:41 AM

Bitcoin is safe. Only the wallet you will be using doesn't have the assurance that you won't lose your bitcoin. All cryptocyrrency are risky when it comes to storing them because we are using internet and computers. If you are not careful, you might lose your cryptos. Just don't store your bitcoins and cryptos in just one wallet if you dont want to lose all.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:49:33 AM

it is also depends on the user if it is careless or slovenly about their information and security well that user need to orient about safety of bitcoin wallet, and other stuff also by the way thanks for sharing your tips.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: