Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:11:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any bug in "Insert List" code?  (Read 135 times)
vphasitha01 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:09:57 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2018, 05:54:22 AM by vphasitha01

It was observed that some kind of bug in "
        Insert List" code. It was really annoying when I was posting. I tried too many times to Edit the post but it automatically added  "[/list][/list]" code twice at the end. So I just want to know is there any bug in that code?

This is how it looks like when I clicked the "Preview" button>>>https://i.imgur.com/Uv06pXb.png

This is how it looks like when I clicked the "Edit" button>>>https://i.imgur.com/Z0zY0MZ.png

Edit-This was not I originally posted but that bug hit me again when I clicked the "Edit" button, Now it's adding two [/list][/list] codes at the top also Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
        Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
        The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
        Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
        Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
        Silent26

Activity: 602
        Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
        July 24, 2018, 05:45:23 AM
        Last edit: July 24, 2018, 06:15:08 AM by Silent26
        Merited by vphasitha01 (1)

• Sample 1
          • Sample 2

Edit. I edited it and the bug you were talking about doesn't exist. Here is what the code looks like when I click edit button. It's still the same.

https://i.imgur.com/mfTyPcU.jpg

Its working fine, seriously. I quoted your post where you encountered the bug you were talking about and I try to edit it but no additional [/list][/color] appeared.

Edit 2.
          Oh, looks like I know what's the problem. Have you noticed that your thread (this thread) has two "list code" in the top. It's because when you post an end tag of insert list, its start tag will automatically appear.

Edit your thread again, you will now see 4 start tag of insert list in the beginning, it's because you include 4 end tag of insert list. It only means whenever you post an end tag it's partner which is the start tag will automatically appear.

Quote this post of mine and you will see that there are additional 1 start tag in the beginning of my post it's because I have an end tag of Insert list in here in my post, it's the Bold one with color green above.

404 Not Found
          vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
          July 24, 2018, 06:12:13 AM

<snip>

Thanks for your reply, I have already posted about Thread for "BB codes" and I know how to put "List" code. But this has happened to me since yesterday. can you look back again what is happening to my posting console?

This is how it looks like when I clicked the "Preview" button>>>https://i.imgur.com/JpnRhFV.png
          This is how it looks like when I clicked the "Edit" button>>>https://i.imgur.com/erAA9cN.png

It adds few list commands automatically to the top of the post.
          vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
          July 24, 2018, 06:21:50 AM

Edit 2.
          Oh, looks like I know what's the problem. Have you noticed that your thread (this thread) has two "list code" in the top. It's because when you post an end tag of insert list, its start tag will automatically appear.

Edit your thread again, you will now see 4 start tag of insert list in the beginning, it's because you include 4 end tag of insert list. It only means whenever you post an end tag it's partner which is the start tag will automatically appear.

Quote this post of mine and you will see that there are additional 1 start tag in the beginning of my post it's because I have an end tag of Insert list in here in my post, it's the Bold one with color green above.

Oh Oh now I know what the problem is for this thread Cheesy. Thanks, "Silent26" for your information. But what is the problem with my previous thread which you quoted?

Edit - Sorry my mistake, same problem there too. So I got the answers what I searched and I will lock the thread.
          Pages: [1]
            Print  

Jump to: