Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to convert my BTC savings to Tether when the price is high?  (Read 392 times)
semutracing

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:47:12 PM

the best way to earn a profit is to sell when you have started getting it some people do this. I do not really want to pass on my bitcoin to tether. But if you believe that tethering will retain its value, you can convert your bitcoin as much as you want
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:28:04 PM

It's proven that bitcoin is more valuable than USDT or Tether. As long as you are a trader you can convert it to Tether and you can swap it on bitcoin if it's surge high. believe me Bitcoin Price right now is way more better than any fiat currency.
JohnDcosta

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:47:37 PM

IN market there are lots of coins are there based on this you need to choose right one also this idea is good also I don’t have any idea about USDT but as far I know its not so good so before invest or transfer judge that coin and be aware of scams.
surgical_duude

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:57:01 PM

I'm never able to sell on time... and just regret every that why I did not sell when the price was high.

Actually I don't have any direct option to covert my crypto to USD or any other fiat currency at ease... it take 1-2 weeks minimum or may be more to withdraw money from crypto (due to my geo graphical location). Later I have been thinking since Tether is 1=1 with USD is good idea to convert Bitcoin or any crypto to tether when it's ATH and later buy back when prices are low?

Basically, that's a great tactic. The question is: "When will you exchange USDT into BTC again?". That is the key to this idea. In short, this strategy is suitable for people with good trading skills. You may need more experience to be able to do it in a good way.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
spiker777

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 09:08:10 PM

Basically there are at least two levels of strategy when it comes to trading. You can either tether it to preserve its value in USD, or you can exchange it to a coin that has higher potential. For example, if you you see that ETH is gaining faster than BTC, then you'll convert BTC to ETH, if then you see that ZIL is gaining faster than ETH, then you convert ETH to ZIL. Keep doing this every time there is a breakout and you'll net a fair profit.

cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 09:21:56 PM

I think it’s okay if you keep your bitcoins in tether

It means that if you store 1000$ of bitcoin to tether when bitcoin is 20,000$
When bitcoin drops to 5000$ and u want to withdraw your tether balance
You will withdraw back 1000$ of tether back to bitcoin and get 99% of your money back

Very safe, fast and prompt for short term storages
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:22:53 PM

Your opinion is very good but in my opinion when the BTC rate is high, if you have not reached the peak then you should hold instead of convert to USDT. I usually only convert to USDT when the market rate is low to avoid losses. In addition to ETH and BTC, hold for long-term is a way to make huge profits.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████