Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:06:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying ICO token from credit car !!! Why not possible ?  (Read 146 times)
abhisheks77 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:42:56 AM

Hi,

I see very very few ICO's, which allow they tokens to be bought by credit card directly.
What reason do you, behind this ? I thought, if it is open to bought from credit card, sale will be open to more people.
I am aware that many banks are not encouraging to buy crypto from their credit card, but not in all countries.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:47:42 AM

Hi,

I see very very few ICO's, which allow they tokens to be bought by credit card directly.
What reason do you, behind this ? I thought, if it is open to bought from credit card, sale will be open to more people.
I am aware that many banks are not encouraging to buy crypto from their credit card, but not in all countries.

Thanks

Because you stole that credit card and the ICO will get fucked when the real card holder doesn't pay.  Stop scamming asshole.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:58:43 AM

Yeah, very few ICOs had an option to pay for coins/tokens directly with credic card, I think it may be because it's problematic to implement. But there are few services where you can buy BTC/ETH using credit card (like Coinbase or Bancor for example), so then you can use it to participate in ICO.
abhisheks77 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:06:48 AM

Yes, I agree.
I was thinking from point of view of ICO owners, if would that be so difficult to add a payment gateway along with ETH. I guess not. In-spite of, it can reach to more people and have more token sale, they are not implementing, so I am trying to figure out if there is any other reason.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:09:22 AM

Why do you want to use debit card to buy token from ICO instead of using the acceptable cryptocurrency. ICO are mostly accept cryptocurrency in order to enable investors to carryout fast, reliable and transparent transaction.
Nalbo

Activity: 869
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:11:06 AM

Yes, I agree.
I was thinking from point of view of ICO owners, if would that be so difficult to add a payment gateway along with ETH. I guess not. In-spite of, it can reach to more people and have more token sale, they are not implementing, so I am trying to figure out if there is any other reason.

It is really easier for the issuers to calculate their needs, spending and requirements in USD rather than crypto as the price of cryptocurrency is very volatile. Most of the ICO also do convert the received coins to USD at current price and give the token in price relative to USD value.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:12:09 AM

Hi,

Thanks
Most of the ICOs were created with the purpose of making money so they don't want to get tracked in anyway and even no ICOs have the option of paying with the USD and other fiat money.
But you can buy cryptos from exchange using credit card and then buy ICO tokens from it.
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:14:36 AM

First of all, because ICO is a substitution token exchange token, it does not meet the requirements of securities law.
If it becomes legal tender exchange token, ICO may face current legal problems.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
abhisheks77 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:22:54 AM

First of all, because ICO is a substitution token exchange token, it does not meet the requirements of securities law.
Thanks all, for thoughtful responses.
If it can be legal issues, are their legal approvals, which can allow to sell token directly from cc ? Consider this utility token and consider it outside US, because I understand, it is difficult in US.
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:25:21 AM

Thanks all, for thoughtful responses.
If it can be legal issues, are their legal approvals, which can allow to sell token directly from cc ? Consider this utility token and consider it outside US, because I understand, it is difficult in US.
Therefore, this is the existing problem. Most ICO is not oriented to the United States, because the United States has strict policies.
Moreover, most of the tokens of ICO projects approved by the SEC need to be locked up for at least one year.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:27:34 AM

It will be difficult for the team. The easiest way to send an ETH or BTC to a specific address, than to create an account with a bank. And then try to withdraw the collected funds from the bank account (if there is a minimum of $ 20 million).
abhisheks77 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:37:43 AM

It will be difficult for the team. The easiest way to send an ETH or BTC to a specific address, than to create an account with a bank. And then try to withdraw the collected funds from the bank account (if there is a minimum of $ 20 million).
In what way, it will be difficult for ICO team ?
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2132

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 07:53:24 AM

Investors should understand that most licensed and registered investment firms do not allow their customers to use credit cards to buy investments or to fund an investment account. We urge investors to work only with a licensed or registered investment professional or firm and not attempt to use a credit card to fund investments.

https://www.investor.gov/howeycoins

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 07:58:41 AM

I think credit cards is not the option for most icos because there is a way to cancel payment and get refund or dispute the payment, so lets assume the token gets dumped after listing on exchange and the ico buyer can ask for refund, this way ico can loose funds and destabilize the whole project.

fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

it is very difficult for ICO to apply a credit card that uses crypto or its payment using crypto, certain banks in foreign countries forbid it, I think if credit card will be applied need a lot of adaptation and continuous improvement, I think there will be many problems caused by credit card this.
fruuom

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:19:16 AM

I bought an ICO token from a credit card. I personally think that it is impossible in the current situation. The current technology or market conditions still do not meet the requirements for purchasing an ICO token from a credit card. The price of the cryptocurrency is not stable enough. It is now, but as conditions continue to mature, it may be realized someday in the future.
Cherrybomb

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:39:51 PM

investment firms do not allow their customers to use credit cards to buy investments or to fund an investment account. We urged investor.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:42:29 PM

Hi,

Thanks

I think this has to do with the country they are operating from and the banks which you want to buy with, an most ICO now accept credit card payment.
martinford14

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:39:03 PM

Because it's basically not much different to gambling and most credit cards won't allow you to gamble either for obvious reasons. Using credit cards means you're using the banks money so it's up to them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: