Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:40:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Near term price prediction.  (Read 3777 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:18:33 PM

I've been around longer than that... never used Gox.

Of course, I'm not a "whale-rat". LOL!

Then you weren't rolling around a large ball of capital. (not a whale-rat)

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

I've been around longer than that... never used Gox.

Of course, I'm not a "whale-rat". LOL!

Then you weren't rolling around a large ball of capital. (not a whale-rat)

I certainly wasn't rolling it around to Magic The Gathering: Online eXchange. LOL!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:49:06 AM

Falchse Botschaft!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:23:14 AM

Falchse Botschaft!

Deutsche Botschaft here:

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/london/de/Startseite.html
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:32:31 AM

And here is what called me out of my short sell behind that 1500K Ask wall on Stamp. A whale well known to this board getting his capital the fk out of Gox:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400235.msg4778423#msg4778423

Wonder if any of the bulltards pointing and laughing at me in this forum are still feeling so confident in Bitcoin.

Dark days are immediately ahead for Bitcoin......unless you are shorting.....providing the shorting exchanges honour their debtors that is, which has happened not to be the case plenty times in Bitcoins past.

Mat, I realize you're in your "mild retard" phase lately, but this time you're going too far. Quoting the "whale" rpietila, taking anything he says at face value... you can't be that naive, can you?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

And here is what called me out of my short sell behind that 1500K Ask wall on Stamp. A whale well known to this board getting his capital the fk out of Gox:

Wonder if any of the bulltards pointing and laughing at me in this forum are still feeling so confident in Bitcoin.

Dark days are immediately ahead for Bitcoin......unless you are shorting.....providing the shorting exchanges honour their debtors that is, which has happened not to be the case plenty times in Bitcoins past.

Mat, I realize you're in your "mild retard" phase lately, but this time you're going too far. Quoting the "whale" rpietila, taking anything he says at face value... you can't be that naive, can you?

I dunno. I am presuming that there are a few whales on this board. I had every opportunity to become a 'whale' back in the day but never took it (I never even became a tiddler), I guess other Joe's in a similar and not so special situations to me might have done and it wouldn't surprise me if they were on this board. rptelia says he runs a fund that invests in Bitcoin. He has been saying that since I became aware of him pre April 2013. If he wasn't lying, then this fund has grown pretty enormous by now. If his Bitcoin fund is real and does exist, then it operated on MtGox. If it operated on Gox, he would have had trouble liquidising and now is the time to liquidise and take the hit.

Naive or not, seemed that the phrase I highlighted is bang on the money, wouldn't you now agree?

indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:34:34 PM

I dunno. I am presuming that there are a few whales on this board. I had every opportunity to become a 'whale' back in the day but never took it (I never even became a tiddler), I guess other Joe's in a similar and not so special situations to me might have done and it wouldn't surprise me if they were on this board. rptelia says he runs a fund that invests in Bitcoin. He has been saying that since I became aware of him pre April 2013. If he wasn't lying, then this fund has grown pretty enormous by now. If his Bitcoin fund is real and does exist, then it operated on MtGox. If it operated on Gox, he would have had trouble liquidising and now is the time to liquidise and take the hit.

Naive or not, seemed that the phrase I highlighted is bang on the money, wouldn't you now agree?

Matt,if there is the dump you dream about, I can assure you whale or not ,no one will get anything out of Gox
Only the greedy have stayed in Gox for the higher price, may come and bite thy arse
Gox is irrelevant and  finished unless Bitcoin goes to the trend lines
Adjust your mindset and believe in the project or don't gamble more than you can afford to lose.
From your posts it appears the latter applies
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

Matt,if there is the dump you dream about, I can assure you whale or not ,no one will get anything out of Gox
Only the greedy have stayed in Gox for the higher price, may come and bite thy arse
Gox is irrelevant and  finished unless Bitcoin goes to the trend lines
Adjust your mindset and believe in the project or don't gamble more than you can afford to lose.
From your posts it appears the latter applies

My brother just took a few grand out of Gox and took a 20% haircut right away as I converted his BTC to USD on Stamp immediately. I think a lot of the capital fleeing Gox will have the same goal in mind. BTC is in clear bear trend, Gox is insolvent and the premium on getting their capital out is going up by the day.

What you highlighted is very true. I have reduced my Bitfinex leveraged gambling fund to an amount that I don't care about losing (still enough to live on for 6 months). This has cut out a lot of my jitters when day trading and obviously keeping a rational state of mind greatly enhances my performance (cos it is basically like a sport for the mind). I love shorting Bitcoin!

As for the project, don't get me wrong, when I first heard about it waaay back in at it's inception in 2010 (I know it was born in 2009), I immediately thought it was an ultra cool concept offering huge liberalising potential. But that was then and this is now. The problem with Bitcoin is not the original concept (although there can be arguments that their were 'flaws' from the very start, i.e. Satoshi himself owns 12%), but the community that has adopted it and especially the minority that has come to control it. Avarice has taken over from the top down and is now the prevailing ethos in Bitcoin; avarice and delusions of grandeur. The original libertarian values have taken a back seat. So when I say 'I hate Bitcoin' or I 'love shorting Bitcoin', it not the concept that I hate but what people have made it. It has become a cut-throat avarice driven arena that is flooded with idiots driven to a state of wild delusion....the sort of idiots who derided and ridiculed my decision to to take a loss on some $1100 and sell at $1000 (I wish I knew about shorting back then). My first speculative Bitcoins were purchased at around $720, not $7.20. I can't afford to allow myself to be influenced by these inflated delusional idiots.

Now we stand on the precipice. Bitcoin is facing a death of sorts. Bitcoin has gotten far too much heat as a result of avarice driven whales encouraging a massive Bitcoin ramp up (the 'libertarian' thing to have done is not to have held, but diluted their holdings to spread ownership around) and the established powers will only allow Bitcoin to flourish if they can control it. It is that simple. I see an absolute bloodbath ahead where Bitcoin is either killed or ends up being largely owned and controlled by JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs. If that latter happens, then be sure, Bitcoin could go all the way to 10K.....but 'freedom' or 'believing in the project'........?

LOL.

Not in the world that I live in m8!

I HATE Bitcoin.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:28:27 AM

Quote this for truth:

Buy as much as the fuck you can, right the fuck now. End of January comes and all the sell the (OMG CHINA BANNED BTC) rumours, are gonna buy the news. Not to mention all the "lets see what happens at the end of jan" dollars sat on the sidelines.

When we hit 5 figures your +/-$10 dance is going to look just as silly as all those people arguing about whether it was going up or down a dollar when we were at $12.

Fish. On.

Mat was right. from $800 it went right don to $200. I was such an idiot for telling people to buy and hold because it was going to 5 figures Wink

Here we are again, hovering around $700 could go as low as $200 over the next 18 months, it could bounce and hit 5 figures. Realistically speaking though, the next bubble it will probably be 6 figures. Make sure you are holding Bitcoin "p2p digital cash" when it happens Cheesy

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:25:17 PM

You may be waiting some time. Mat is a grand master in the art of "being right but still doing the wrong thing" Wink

Prolly sold all his BCH for BTC too Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:00:58 PM

You may be waiting some time. Mat is a grand master in the art of "being right but still doing the wrong thing" Wink

Prolly sold all his BCH for BTC too Wink

"being right but still doing the wrong thing" - I never heard of it, why do you call it an art? This is the first time I've seen someone say that, and I'm curious. Can you explain?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: