Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:17:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe the official explaination regarding mtgox's withdraw problems?
yes (I have funds on mtgox) - 16 (24.6%)
no (I have funds on mtgox) - 9 (13.8%)
yes (I don't have funds on mtgox) - 7 (10.8%)
no (I don't have funds on mtgox) - 33 (50.8%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] How many of you guys believe a word mtgox is saying?  (Read 909 times)
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:22:17 PM

From what I read most of the forum thinks that mtgox is lying their customers straight in the face. I wonder if this is true.
I also wonder how many of you guys having strong opinions about them actually are still within their costumer base...

The actual statement reads:

Statement Regarding BTC Withdrawal Delays

Tokyo - JAPAN - February 07, 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

In our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by various bitcoin withdrawals, it was determined that the increase in the flow of withdrawal requests has hindered our efforts on a technical level. To understand the issue thoroughly, the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary for a temporarily pause on all withdrawal requests to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the sudden short notice. All bitcoin withdrawal requests will be on pause, and the withdrawals in the system will be returned to your MtGox wallet and can be reinitiated once the issue is resolved. The trading platform will perform as usual for the needs of our customers. 

Our team will resolve this problem as soon as possible and will provide an update on Monday, February 10, 2014 (JST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your kind support and considerations. 

Sincerely,

The MtGox Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:23:24 PM

To me it's just obvious that they will cease to exist on short notice.
Their current 'we're having technical issues' statement is just buying them some more time..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

I do, they´re trustworthy and rock solid as fuck. Mark my words. Mt. Gox FTW.

"Recently published media accounts are inferring a link between MtGox and the former online Silk Road marketplace and other illegal services and activities. MtGox denies that it has ever knowingly assisted, agreed to assist, or willingly cooperated with anyone to use Bitcoin to engage in illegal or illicit transactions."

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
vleroybrown

Activity: 1140
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

Great poll I will be watching this one.  I voted yes and have BTC at MTGOX but it is awfully tempting to selling to those offering reverse arbitrage for GoxBTC ..  If somebody gave me 90% I would probably take it.
thelema93

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:38:16 AM

OK so why would Gox add new security features to their site - obviously costing them a lot of time and money in November 2013 - just so that they can 'pretend' to have technical problems to steal their customers coins 3 months later!!

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131120.html

ANSWER: they wouldn't. They simply have a small glitch in their very complex web application that runs their site. So they are fixing it. end of story.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:33:29 AM

OK so why would Gox add new security features to their site - obviously costing them a lot of time and money in November 2013 - just so that they can 'pretend' to have technical problems to steal their customers coins 3 months later!!

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131120.html

ANSWER: they wouldn't. They simply have a small glitch in their very complex web application that runs their site. So they are fixing it. end of story.

Also end of BTC withdrawals as well it seems.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: