Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is buying Coinbase ( Rumor)  (Read 197 times)
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:28:51 AM

There is a rumor that facebook is gonna buy Coinbase. Last 2 month we saw that facebook ban crypto adds but last week they step back and now let some crypto adds. just after that a new rumor come out that Facebook will buy coinbase. If this happen btc will jump +10k quickly and this will help all market. after that facebook can accept bitcoin/eth payment too.
http://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-price-lows-high-time-for-facebook-to-buy-coinbase/

what do you think about that ? is that just rumor or gonna happen?
Facebook supports blockchain and new technology. But doesn’t mean they support altcoin. Same as Warren Buffett. They don’t trust how coins work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luksonmandela

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:46:29 AM

There is a rumor that facebook is gonna buy Coinbase. Last 2 month we saw that facebook ban crypto adds but last week they step back and now let some crypto adds. just after that a new rumor come out that Facebook will buy coinbase. If this happen btc will jump +10k quickly and this will help all market. after that facebook can accept bitcoin/eth payment too.
http://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-price-lows-high-time-for-facebook-to-buy-coinbase/

Woow, thets will be green light for BTC and ETH pumpers <3  and theta will be new pump and bull run.

I think This is new era of cryptocurrency
duoleduo

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:21:41 AM

For me, Facebook's impossible to refuse cryptocurrency, who refuses to call cryptocurrency who will perish.
sirengutou

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:39:18 AM

Although I also hope that the market will have good news to drive development, I think such news should be false! This conflicts with Facebook’s policies. Facebook has implemented regulations prohibiting all cryptocurrencies from advertising! This shows Facebook's position to reject cryptocurrency!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DZU1410

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

Allow themselves they can, and if you look really, everyone gets income, why not have an additional one. And rumors about denial and prohibition can easily turn into freedom of action.

oxonhu (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

I doubt it will happen because;
-, Coinbase is a big trading platform and this platform has a good track record, this is still the beginning of cryptocurrency adoption and Coinbase has high potential in this business, I doubt if Coinbase owners would be easy to sell this money machine
-, Facebook is a big company, they can easily get into the exchange business by raising funds from Investors and build a new exchange

Facebook has bought instagram. so facebook couldnt make new app like instagram ? no its about that . its more about people now instagram and insta has many users already, people knows insta. so if facebook buy coinbase that doenst mean that they cant build new exchange but they will buy a trusted , wellknown , big exchange. so why not ?

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:11:40 PM

As of the moment it is just a rumor and if there is no official statement from facebook we should take it with a grain of salt, however if this turns out to be true then it will be a great move by facebook. As there are emerging social media platforms that thrives through the blockchain technology like steemit it is inevitable for them and they would really need to make a move if they want to also be competitive using such technology. And if it is true then them having their own cryptocurrency might come true.
Iwillgotothemoon

Activity: 171
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:21:03 PM

Is this true news? I doubt it, I think FB is more suitable for issuing its own cryptocurrency.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
sedihnya8

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

it is very possible, the owner of facebook is a person who is very understanding about technological advances and good prospects in technology so merupakn very big possibility if facebook will acquire Coinbase
oxonhu (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:31:41 PM

A good news for the cryptocurrency community. Facebook has a lot of audience and getting involve in crypto will go a long way to bring these audience into crypto and help the price of various coins to increase since it is going to bring more demand.
Do you really believe people don't already know Bitcoin? They don't need fb to tell them to buy or not.
Only people in crypto are buying current ICO or not. BTC won't get pumped. Also this news don't seem plausible.
Also people don't like fb and be followed everywhere.

i personally dont like fb too and closed my profil but still they have so many users and money. If facebook buy coinbase this can help a lot cryptomarket. Everybody , news channel , newspaper , finance sectors news they all will talk about bitcoin and cryptos will get attention again. those news will follow new pumps. This can be huge for crypto. I hope it happens or something big as fb get into cryptos. currently we need that so much.

IntelligentIdiot

Activity: 486
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:28:48 PM

To be honest I just wonder what would facebook do with blockchain technology and the repercussions it has for users and the information they input in facebook. I always believed that facebooks main products is not really the social media platform people use but the real product is the information willingly being put by people there, their likes and dislikes, demographic, group affiliations, ideaoligies and beliefs. All information is now paid information I think and benefits corporations in their market strategies.
TXCEO

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:48:11 PM

I think this is a rumor. If Facebook makes such a move, then it is very conflicting with its policy. I don't think Facebook needs to rely on any cryptocurrency to make money!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: