Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:14:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-02-15] bitstamp - bitcoin withdrawals fully automated again  (Read 1566 times)
ujka (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:51:26 AM

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/
BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS ARE ONCE AGAIN FULLY AUTOMATED
Dear Bitstamp clients,

After rigorous testing, we have restored fully automated processing for Bitcoin withdrawals.

Unforeseen incidents like this DoS attack against an edge case in the Bitcoin protocol are to be expected with such a young technology. The core protocol remains sound and the world has seen how these incidents are addressed by the Bitcoin community. Every challenge that is successfully overcome is a milestone that allows the world to grow their confidence in Bitcoin.

We recognize that for many of clients the inability to make withdrawals may have been stressful and we are thankful for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

The Bitstamp team
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NordicMoose

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:22:12 AM

thanks for the update. Smiley they are one day late, but better late than never.

Question is... are people ready to recommence trading or are they spooked by what happened this weekend?
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:20:46 AM

thanks for the update. Smiley they are one day late, but better late than never.

Question is... are people ready to recommence trading or are they spooked by what happened this weekend?

I guess people are waiting for gox to die first. $320/btc atmo.
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:05:32 PM

After all the drama, Bitcoin will be stronger than before. I'm sure bugs will get polished out. We haven't even reached v1 yet.  Smiley

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 06:49:14 PM

good message, but please learn from kraken and others...  Roll Eyes

MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

yes kracken was only exchange which stand in this bad time all other must learn from them and do some better security

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:57:18 PM

yes kracken was only exchange which stand in this bad time all other must learn from them and do some better security
There were many exchanges that didn't suffer any down time from this issue.  Cavirtex, Vault of Satoshi, Korbit, Coinplug and many others I'm sure.  The funny thing is how quickly Bitstamp implemented a solution and got back up and running compared to Mt. Gox.
Price check at G.O.X. 264US after a slight rise from 220USD. 
Warren

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:22:20 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 06:01:04 PM by Warren

Bitstamp say that Bitcoin withdrawals have resumed as normal and others have confirmed it, but I just tried to withdraw some Bitcoins and got the following message:

"You are not allowed to withdraw bitcoins at the moment."

My account is fully verified and I have done much larger transactions on there in the past. I was also able to trade with available funds without any problem, so this is only a problem with withdrawing Bitcoin.

Anyone else experiencing this at Bitstamp at the moment?
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:37:56 AM

I just made a test withdrawal. It just went through, so it works fine for me.
Have you received a support message? I did once when I had surpassed their "volume/frequency" threshold. They asked me to answer a few "know your customer" questions before I could continue.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:12:08 AM

Bitstamp say that Bitcoin withdrawals have resumed as normal and others have confirmed it, but I just tried to withdraw some Bitcoins and got the following message:

My account is fully verified and I have done much larger transactions on there in the past. I was also able to trade with available funds without any problem, so this is only a problem with withdrawing Bitcoin.

I see the same message also on a verified account.
kefky

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:27:25 AM

I just made also a test withdrawal and it went through without any problem.

Warren

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:28:14 AM

Have you received a support message? I did once when I had surpassed their "volume/frequency" threshold. They asked me to answer a few "know your customer" questions before I could continue.

No message from support, although I have now contacted them to find out what's going on.

I have a much higher threshold limit on my account than my attempted withdrawal, and since I haven't traded there for a while I can't be near the limit they have for me.

Hmm so it's not just me, that's a bit worrying.  Sad
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:26:38 PM

No message from support, although I have now contacted them to find out what's going on.

I have a much higher threshold limit on my account than my attempted withdrawal, and since I haven't traded there for a while I can't be near the limit they have for me.

Hmm so it's not just me, that's a bit worrying.  Sad
Maybe that's not about your threshold. Why don't you contact with them to find out the reason?

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
Warren

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

Maybe that's not about your threshold. Why don't you contact with them to find out the reason?

As I have already explained above I have contacted them, but they don't reply.

I have already confirmed earlier in the thread that this is not about my threshold.

I have gone through all the KYC requirements and provided all the required documents a long time ago. Since then I have also made many transactions, including several large withdrawals without any problems.

This is a new problem with Bitstamp, and I am no longer the only one who has it. I have seen it in a couple of other threads now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476614.20
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: