Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final verdict on XtremeMiners.net?  (Read 4005 times)
Deschions (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:36:02 PM

Hey all. It seems like the mining community is somewhat divided on whether Xtreme Miners (www.xtrememiners.net) is a scam. Most seem to think it is, but one member of this forum asked for a refund of their pre-order purchase and got all 11.7BTC back (link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344630.msg3715862#msg3715862). That doesn't seem like typical scammer behaviour. So what's everyone's thoughts -- legit or scam?
batt149

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:43:42 PM

I've been in email communication, and one phone call today. I ordered a miner this morning and paid 5.3 for it through their coinbase wallet.

My opinion at this point is that it is a scam. I haven't been able to get the official company name. I do have a tax return for a Jorge Berg. Domain registered in that name. I suspect that is all BS, Jorge Berg
probably has nothing to do with it. They have sent me some information, but it isn't definitive (ie a legal company name) and it isn't adding up.

I have asked for a cancellation and refund.

Tried to contact coinbase to lock the wallet, but no dice.

John
morrisford

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:12:55 PM

Just for interest I looked at the domain registration of xtrememiners.net and while there is nothing real definitive the record created date was about a week ago. Here is some of the info. I also looked on Google maps street view and there is a building with that address in Frankfurt. I suppose if anyone wanted they could wander over to that address and have a look.

Administrative Contact:

Mr. Berg
      Eschersheimer Landstrasse 19-21
      Frankfurt,  60322
      DE
      Phone: +49.15216941829
      Email: contact@xtrememiners.net

Technical  Contact:

Mr. Berg
      Eschersheimer Landstrasse 19-21
      Frankfurt,  60322
      DE
      Phone: +49.15216941829
      Email: contact@xtrememiners.net

Record expires on 2014-11-21
   Record created on 2013-11-21
   Record last updated on 2013-11-26
batt149

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:33:12 PM

I have a tax return with banking info for Mr. Berg. Probably has nothing to do with this.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:25:56 AM

I worte to the german police this:

ich beschäftige mich nun seit sehr langer Zeit mit dem Thema Bitcoin.

Diese Firma:

http://www.xtrememiners.net

Owner: Mr. Berg
Adress: Eschersheimer Landstraße 19-21
               60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Finance Office: Frankfurt am Main IV
Phone: +49 152 169 418 29

Bietet Waren an, die eigentlich zu dem versprochenen Zeitraum eine Welt… Nein… eine Universum Sensation wären.

Wenn das Geld über Bitcoins erstmal bezahlt wurde von einem Kunden wird es wohl im Nirvana verschwinden.

Könnten Sie mir eine Info zukommen lassen was die Ermittlungen ergeben haben?

Hier ein Forum, in dem man sich über diese Firma auslässt:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352102

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
batt149

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:58:11 PM

I am happy to report that my 5.3 BTC order was cancelled and fully refunded, at my request.

I can show the pair of txns in the blockchain if anyone is really interested.

I'm not convinced a police report is the right action. I don't read German

XtremeMiners.net were not able to convince me they have a legitimate shot at delivering the orders they are taking. There is definitely "somebody home" on the other end - I was able to maintain phone/email communications with them the whole time. But, in the end, I was not convinced by the "paperwork" they showed me, so I asked and received a refund.

IMO, delivering a modern 2.5TH miner is a project requiring the collaboration of dozens of employees, several firms, and millions of $ in capital or credit. Employees/subs to be paid, formal legal contracts exchanged with suppliers, etc. Just didn't seem credible in this regard.

I had a discussion with the German-Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Toronto. They confirmed that ALL legal German businesses have to be in HandelRegister.de. I was never able to find "Jorge Berg" or anything related to "Xtreme Miners". I repeatedly asked for the name under which I can find them, and they would not provide it. Additionally, German co's doing any international business require a VAT. Also unable to provide.

I can't complain about any fraud or unfairness in my own experience. But I would recommend anyone ordering to do their homework with extreme care.

Despite receiving a refund, I would not transmit funds without the assurances of a German lawyer, signed contracts in hand, having verified and copied the govt. issued ID's of the parties representing XtremeMiners.net.

If someone else can show that XtremeMiners.net is clearly progressing to delivering their miners, please post your finding up here on bitcointalk.org.

broke

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:54:56 AM

I stupidly ordered a tiger january batch from xtrememiners, which they failed to deliver. I have been trying to ask for refund,ever since then they have stopped responding to all my emails… I am an average guy from India, 10000 dollars means almost half of my lifetime savings…working like a dog, and living in a very dire strait condition, I managed to save a bit. I dont want any one else to get cheated by these mindless greedy pigs.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:03:04 PM

I stupidly ordered a tiger january batch from xtrememiners, which they failed to deliver. I have been trying to ask for refund,ever since then they have stopped responding to all my emails… I am an average guy from India, 10000 dollars means almost half of my lifetime savings…working like a dog, and living in a very dire strait condition, I managed to save a bit. I dont want any one else to get cheated by these mindless greedy pigs.

Sad to hear your loss.
You should have done some search here, before sending the payment...
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:10:13 PM

This is terrible to hear. I'm so sorry for the loss of your hard earned money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: