Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:48:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO vs ICD  (Read 207 times)
fatihbilgin (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

Oh, something new for me, I have never seen ICD. What is the main difference between them? And do you know about some recent ICD?
Thanks!

In ICO you need to invest fiat/crpto currency to earn the token. In ICD tokens are distributed for free. You can examine Fresco coin as an example.

I like the idea since there is not much possibility of scam.
dammy1988

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:46:18 PM

Base one what we have seen in the market from tokens that did ICD like hydro and fresco. I will give it to ICD been that the token holders will determine the market and if the token has something nice to offer people will want to buy and hold. Which will give the token the opportunity to grow well overtime....
Bunmi1989

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:50:23 PM

Both are both a bad thing what only spoil ICO is the level at which fake projects are increasing daily just to run with people ethereum and bitcoin. If a project is outstanding and decide to do ICO it's not a crime. But ICD is  risk free you only get the token or coin by doing specific tasks.
sarfwr

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:52:40 PM

Can you explain what ICD is? Huh
I first heard the concept of ICD. Roll Eyes

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
cryptomagnate

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:02:16 PM

We all have heard about ICO's for a time now. This month i have been hearing more about ICD's. I belive Fresco is the first token to implement that.

What else is there?

For people who dont know:
ICO: Initial Coin Offering
ICD: Initial Coin Distribution

Whether Initial coin offering(ICO) or Initial coin distribution(ICD), these are just nomenclature that means almost the same thing in the cryptocurrency space. The most important issue is that coins or tokens are distributed evenly to the masses for adoption. I remember Mankind first project, implementing what it termed initial group offering(IGO).
fatihbilgin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:05:49 PM

We all have heard about ICO's for a time now. This month i have been hearing more about ICD's. I belive Fresco is the first token to implement that.

What else is there?

Whether Initial coin offering(ICO) or Initial coin distribution(ICD), these are just nomenclature that means almost the same thing in the cryptocurrency space. The most important issue is that coins or tokens are distributed evenly to the masses for adoption. I remember Mankind first project, implementing what it termed initial group offering(IGO).

Can you elaborate on IGO? What is the main difference?
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:08:11 PM

What else is there?

ICD looks very similar to the airdrop distribution. What's the differences? ICD provides the more step for the participants to get their token through doing any survey or social media competition. But it looks very similar. I guess if sometimes i were seeing airdrop and it's the same like i'm seeing ICD

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:14:14 PM

ICD is an analogue of airdrops as I heard. I think ICO is more perspective for crowd funding and it will be alive for a long time but not so popular as last year.
fatihbilgin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:44:32 PM

Both are both a bad thing what only spoil ICO is the level at which fake projects are increasing daily just to run with people ethereum and bitcoin. If a project is outstanding and decide to do ICO it's not a crime. But ICD is  risk free you only get the token or coin by doing specific tasks.

That's what i think too since ICD do not require you to invest with bitcoin or ethereum.

Is ICD really risk free in that regard? If you see an ICD and even if you do not understand what they are trying to solve... It seems like a good thing to get some, right?
losh11

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:03:17 PM

I birth never learned of ICD already. it's a arrange in relation to what and how to appliance it I birth not appreciated. on the other hand conceivably thanks to your assign I will catch out a lot in relation to ICD.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:09:48 PM

What's the difference? On ICO, you have to pay them and on ICD you get them for free?  isn't that an airdrop?

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:13:16 PM

What else is there?

This is the first time i heard about ICD in 3 years . Whats the difference between two of them ? Or its just a name change for project not to follow regulations ? Probably will come something new soon . People like to find loopholes not to follow regulations
Numenor

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:00:14 PM

What else is there?

This is the first time i heard about ICD in 3 years . Whats the difference between two of them ? Or its just a name change for project not to follow regulations ? Probably will come something new soon . People like to find loopholes not to follow regulations

It might be a loophole for regulations, but it is a valid one.

In ICD tokens are given away without asking any crypto currency or fiat currency in return.

Perhaps a signup is required to earn the token, or some task which requires a little time or effort.
Perhaps another way to look at it is a Government can do an ICD and say its basicly universal basic income for citizens.
Perhaps a coin foundation can do the same and give away coins for free as universal basic income for new comers (new citizens of that coins network)
fatihbilgin (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:08:30 PM

What else is there?

It might be a loophole for regulations, but it is a valid one.

In ICD tokens are given away without asking any crypto currency or fiat currency in return.

Perhaps a signup is required to earn the token, or some task which requires a little time or effort.
Perhaps another way to look at it is a Government can do an ICD and say its basicly universal basic income for citizens.
Perhaps a coin foundation can do the same and give away coins for free as universal basic income for new comers (new citizens of that coins network)

These are all valid points, specially giving away coins for new comers will be a second chance for people that miss the opportunity. This is especially good for POS coins.
AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:15:09 PM

I D which means Initial Coin Distribution is just a form of bounty that reward you after you must have done some task. Fresco did not give out tokens for free, they asked us to do some online test which you would be paid in fres if only you pass.
fatihbilgin (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

I D which means Initial Coin Distribution is just a form of bounty that reward you after you must have done some task. Fresco did not give out tokens for free, they asked us to do some online test which you would be paid in fres if only you pass.

In Fresco's case the question really boils down to: Is it more scam free to do an online test and get tokens, or is it safer to just send some ETH/BTC to earn those coins.

It probably depends on how much you value your time or the information you give away for online test? Perhaps in some cases its cheaper to just give some dust amount of ETH/BTC after all.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: