Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would it be possible to exchange Regular minining with a game?  (Read 154 times)
eddy1337 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

Do you think it can be possible to change out PoW and PoS mining algo's with something like rounds of Deathmatch, where the player who get most points each round get to add a new block in the chain..  The game could be anything but need to be embedded in another blockchain i think.. But this way people can make new innvoative solutions how to get better in a game, and really learn and compete with their brains to figure this out, instead of using Asics or staking that need no more than to be plugged to internet to do the work..

The game could be anything, a quiz, whatever.. The question remains would it be possible? I think if someone makes that it will get a lot of audience! And it would be a real gamers(or whatever you should solve) currency!

Please dont come with comments if you think it is stupid, i have a lot of good reasons why i think this is a much better solution! Even though people can make bots win for them, they still need to program the bots, and they need to always improve them to win! This will lead to much more exciting innovation..

Edit: Or perhaps it could be a game of chance, where the "miners" put their bet, if more than one "miner" bet on the same number(or horse or whatever) they can share the reward or it can be endless different alternatvies, so it is always enough for everyone too choose their own number!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:58:31 AM

Please dont come with comments if you think it is stupid, i have a lot of good reasons why i think this is a much better solution!

This forum is Development & Technical Discussion. Note how it's not "Tell me my Idea is Good". I don't agree with your argument against bots, a "game" is no fun if it's just programs competing against each other. That's not a game.
eddy1337 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:01:55 AM

And i am wondering if it is possible and how to implent it?
redigaffi

Activity: 142
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:13:03 AM

I had this idea also, but the problem was how to get it to work in a 3D world.  
I got an idea, do you know games like Minecraft, rust ... Where you have to loot object?

You can loot different objects to get primitive resources like trees, stones, animals.

My idea is:

When a user wants to loot stones, at that moment, he is also verifying block hashes aka "mining". The problem with that is if the block creation frequency is too high, let's say 10 min like bitcoin, in-game being with a peak hitting at a rock it would take the user a lot, and not having into account the difficulty.

So, you could create different types of "stones", with different resources inside, metal, gold, copper, etc, so and depending on the type in-game it would be more or less difficult to loot this item, that would somehow represent the time&difficulty to mine a block in the chain.

But anyway, that's not a solution cause the incrementing difficulty, so another idea for that is, to keep a record of who has looted objects, what type of object, and for how long ingame, and when a block is created that will be taken into account, let's say:

Block #500 reward(10btc)
User 1: looted 500 stones of gold (gold would be the most difficult item to mine), he would receive, let's say 80% of the block reward.
User 2: looted 800 stones (just stones) (easiest) would receive 20%.

So that could be an idea.

PD: The question is not "if it would be possible to implement it" because actually, it is. The question would be, what kind of product you want, what type of game, is it worth all the effort and cost, will it be rentable? will it have a market?

Anything is possible in the software world, but as stated before, your question is not correct.

The problem I see with this mining mechanism is that your cryptocurrency won't be transparent, what I mean with that is that to mine a Block you have to play.

Earn Money With Skill while having fun, Answer this 6 questions and get a bonus when the project get's launched:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCRubC4wu4seHYdDqiZDFsXizqaViUnOtE5sZcx3spjGc84A/viewform
eddy1337 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:29:49 PM

But what like roundes with a game like counterstrike, you dont need it to work in 3D, you only need it to read the scoreboard and the game need to be hashed so it is not possible to change any of the game settings or map, weapons and so on..
eddy1337 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:31:23 PM

I had this idea also, but the problem was how to get it to work in a 3D world.  
I got an idea, do you know games like Minecraft, rust ... Where you have to loot object?

You can loot different objects to get primitive resources like trees, stones, animals.

My idea is:

When a user wants to loot stones, at that moment, he is also verifying block hashes aka "mining". The problem with that is if the block creation frequency is too high, let's say 10 min like bitcoin, in-game being with a peak hitting at a rock it would take the user a lot, and not having into account the difficulty.

So, you could create different types of "stones", with different resources inside, metal, gold, copper, etc, so and depending on the type in-game it would be more or less difficult to loot this item, that would somehow represent the time&difficulty to mine a block in the chain.

But anyway, that's not a solution cause the incrementing difficulty, so another idea for that is, to keep a record of who has looted objects, what type of object, and for how long ingame, and when a block is created that will be taken into account, let's say:

Block #500 reward(10btc)
User 1: looted 500 stones of gold (gold would be the most difficult item to mine), he would receive, let's say 80% of the block reward.
User 2: looted 800 stones (just stones) (easiest) would receive 20%.

So that could be an idea.

PD: The question is not "if it would be possible to implement it" because actually, it is. The question would be, what kind of product you want, what type of game, is it worth all the effort and cost, will it be rentable? will it have a market?

Anything is possible in the software world, but as stated before, your question is not correct.

The problem I see with this mining mechanism is that your cryptocurrency won't be transparent, what I mean with that is that to mine a Block you have to play.

Also a fun idea.. But you dont need it to work in a 3D world, you just need to hash the game and embed it in bitcoin or ethereums blockchain so everyone play by the same rules.. And then it just have to read to scoreboard after each round..
eddy1337 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:01:45 AM

I think i need to ask this another way. I know it is possible, the question is does someone here have skills to do it? A good price will follow, i almost does not care which algo it runs on, just get it to run! Smiley
redigaffi

Activity: 142
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:34:48 AM

I think i need to ask this another way. I know it is possible, the question is does someone here have skills to do it? A good price will follow, i almost does not care which algo it runs on, just get it to run! Smiley

Well, actually I can't say you 'I can do it' until you don't say me your idea. Actually, I'm Software Engineer.

There are a lot of external things to consider, for example:

- What game?
- Does it have an API to easily access data? Or parsing will be required (if possible)?

Earn Money With Skill while having fun, Answer this 6 questions and get a bonus when the project get's launched:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCRubC4wu4seHYdDqiZDFsXizqaViUnOtE5sZcx3spjGc84A/viewform
STSToken

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:58:44 PM

I guess so.
CryptoSpark

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 07:01:09 PM

There's the Proof-of-play idea which is along these lines.
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@todor/proof-of-play
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 08:32:41 PM

Do you think it can be possible to change out PoW and PoS mining algo's with something like rounds of Deathmatch, where the player who get most points each round get to add a new block in the chain..  The game could be anything but need to be embedded in another blockchain i think.. But this way people can make new innvoative solutions how to get better in a game, and really learn and compete with their brains to figure this out, instead of using Asics or staking that need no more than to be plugged to internet to do the work..

The game could be anything, a quiz, whatever.. The question remains would it be possible? I think if someone makes that it will get a lot of audience! And it would be a real gamers(or whatever you should solve) currency!

Please dont come with comments if you think it is stupid, i have a lot of good reasons why i think this is a much better solution! Even though people can make bots win for them, they still need to program the bots, and they need to always improve them to win! This will lead to much more exciting innovation..

Edit: Or perhaps it could be a game of chance, where the "miners" put their bet, if more than one "miner" bet on the same number(or horse or whatever) they can share the reward or it can be endless different alternatvies, so it is always enough for everyone too choose their own number!

nice idea, bitcoins "election of installed computationpower" is extremly brainless, and even your idea looks genius in that comparision

compared with bitcoin it would at least be funny and not ressource wasting.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: