Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long-term or short-term, here are the results you need!  (Read 477 times)
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:03:32 AM

I would always prefer long term investment because long term only gives more profit than short term. If you are a bitcoin holder just hold the coin for long term once the price will reach high then you can sell and earn more profit. Now only the price of bitcoin starts to increase so in future it has more growth. Hold the coin instead of selling now,  the price will increase more than now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:34:46 AM

Alexander Momot, co-founder and CEO of the UK-based cryptocurrency startup REMME, recently posted on Facebook, showing data on ICO tokens held by investors in 36 countries as of June this year, saying the company collected data on almost all white papers. Monitor some of the ICO's overall trends, such as whether residents in each region tend to hold or sell within four months of the currency.

From the data presented by Momot, it can be found that in developing countries such as Brazil, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, and the Philippines, buyers tend to sell ICO tokens within four months after issuing coins. Russia and Ireland also have such short-term buyers, holding only 12% and 21% of investors.

In developed countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, and Hong Kong, buyers tend to hold longer, but Ukrainian buyers also tend to hold, and their share of investors held in four months 58%.

Author: chaindd
It makes insane sense that developed countries sell under 4 months. Its not because people from there are "inpatient" no they need the money to live, unless it gives a return or yield some dividends so they could live, people from those countries can not keep that money in cryptocurrency forever because their need of money is urgent.

However people from developed countries can afford to just save money and put it aside and buy coins with it. Its not that people from places like USA are more patient, its about them not needing the money for living.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:39:45 AM

So you know what you should do. Mature practices will get more rewards.

That's correct, letting the project mature and real time product will give the investors good profit. Only those people who join the ICO and don't have patience will fail in the process.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:09:56 AM

There are difference between long-term and short-term investments. I believe that long-term investment is when you invest an amount of money in cryptocurrency with plans to leave it for a long time, maybe up to a year or so, cause you’re hoping that the price of that stock or asset will go up within a particular time as you might have planned. As for short-term, you have no plans to leave it for long, just little quick profits at every time.

So you know what you should do. Mature practices will get more rewards.
Yep you’re right. Whether long-term or short-term investments, as you said mature practices gets more rewards. You need to have the skills, you’re not getting any profit if you don’t make use of good skills, you need to be smart in the business and know what you’re doing and the right time for any action. I’m not into the long-term investment type, I do short-term and I’m making a lot of profits. Last year was a boom!
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

Alexander Momot, co-founder and CEO of the UK-based cryptocurrency startup REMME, recently posted on Facebook, showing data on ICO tokens held by investors in 36 countries as of June this year, saying the company collected data on almost all white papers. Monitor some of the ICO's overall trends, such as whether residents in each region tend to hold or sell within four months of the currency.

From the data presented by Momot, it can be found that in developing countries such as Brazil, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, and the Philippines, buyers tend to sell ICO tokens within four months after issuing coins. Russia and Ireland also have such short-term buyers, holding only 12% and 21% of investors.

In developed countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, and Hong Kong, buyers tend to hold longer, but Ukrainian buyers also tend to hold, and their share of investors held in four months 58%.

People invest for different reasons and based in a particular geographical location is just coincidence as the report has identified since the whole people in a particular country will just form an association then decide this is the time to sell and move on to another project its on the basis of individuals and what the interpretation of long term and short term constitutes and then decides based on that.

I personally is an advocate of letting the project mature and kick start but the way its being practiced, even during the ICO, people would have started asking when is it going to be listed on an exchange site, when one is listed, they have for bigger platform and the moment the developers are not giving favorable responses to that, the next is to start speculating some form of scamming activities going on with the project. The best is for people to be genuinely interested in the project they are putting their money in while the developers should plan for long term development and not rush into giving in to request of either short term investors and bounty hunters looking for the next available opportunity to cash out.
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

being a long-term holder i think have many benifit, because doing some investment i think need a lot of time, because just time who make it perfect. short term are good but is bit of hard to making more profit in it, well long-term have more delicious than short-term

xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:02:46 AM

It's upto you whether you want to hold your investment for long term or you want to sell it in short term. Many people tend to hold their investments for long term even if they are in a good profit, likewise, many people sell off their investments for short term profit. As for myself I prefer going long term on most of my investments.

giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:42:08 AM

It is all about when the investor needs the money to buy house or land or car or Gold and Silver etc.... or when the profit is 400% or 700% that is advisable to sell and book the profits because 400% profit is very good.

I sold all my crypto a few weeks back and put the lot into gold.Seems I made the right call.Hodl forever is bullshit, sometimes you need to take a step back and know when to take profit and stabilise your gains.
Yeah you are right/ all the people invest their money in order to earn more and more and when you realize that now the price is quite good you can sell your holding for higher price. if you can trade you can make money in short time, but if you do not know how to trade affectively then holding for long time is better. You can make money after waiting for some time.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:54:37 PM

It is interesting though to see such research and the outcome. However, it is funny to see that with all these KYC, data are actually being sold.

Nevertheless, I am not surprised that such things tend to happen but what I do not understand is how they were able to come up with the countries and either attach wallet addresses to such owners and knowing if they actually did sell or not on exchanges unless the data was actually gotten directly from exchanges.

I still feel there is a lot of bias in this, knowing anyway that developing countries are more prone to selling faster than developed countries. I wish I could see the link to the whole analysis and how it was actually carried out or else it is just baseless assumption.
verziagra

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:36:53 PM

Yes it is a tangible result if everyone invests long-term big profits will be earned if everyone is waiting and be patient in investing crypto.
petronus

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:54:16 PM

So is this a real advantage if investing in the long term? many talk if long-term investments are very difficult because it requires patience to hold crypto assets. they choose to trade or invest in the short term.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:19:20 AM

The original difference is that the methods of developed countries should be more robust and mature. This difference is not a matter of one person, but it is the entire country’s perception of investment methods.
Thousands of methods of earning money but the problem is capital. When you have no money how can you earn money? Although you know best ways of making money. Poor countries cannot invest big capital because they hardly overcome their daily needs and crypto investment needs extra money, so if you lose you will not be upset.
gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:41:31 AM

It is interesting though to see such research and the outcome. However, it is funny to see that with all these KYC, data are actually being sold.

Nevertheless, I am not surprised that such things tend to happen but what I do not understand is how they were able to come up with the countries and either attach wallet addresses to such owners and knowing if they actually did sell or not on exchanges unless the data was actually gotten directly from exchanges.

I still feel there is a lot of bias in this, knowing anyway that developing countries are more prone to selling faster than developed countries. I wish I could see the link to the whole analysis and how it was actually carried out or else it is just baseless assumption.
Short-term or long-term, depending on the method of each person. There are many long-term or short-term plans, but each one gives us some results. It can be short to generate more cash flow but it takes longer to track fluctuations. Long term, when the price is the sale. And I'm profitable x3 x5 is stopping now to store assets go to standby and wait for new plans.
Slavyanskiy

Activity: 462
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:49:43 AM

Very interesting information. I agree that if a good coin, you need to keep it, you can earn more. but before you sell, you need to analyze the market.
Deubila

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:57:17 PM

The original difference is that the methods of developed countries should be more robust and mature. This difference is not a matter of one person, but it is the entire country’s perception of investment methods.
Thousands of methods of earning money but the problem is capital. When you have no money how can you earn money? Although you know best ways of making money. Poor countries cannot invest big capital because they hardly overcome their daily needs and crypto investment needs extra money, so if you lose you will not be upset.

How to make more money, but important how to turn them into passive income. Money works for us every day, that's the thing to do. Investors too have many ways to participate in the strategy and because you decide on them, go far or near to just be profitable to stop. Choose a method to avoid the incident, not as expected.
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:07:25 PM

I believe that at this time we should only short-term investment, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly falling and difficult to guess, so to be successful transaction is very difficult. So I believe that this time you should only short-term investment to be able to reduce the risk. The market is volatile and I believe that long-term investment in risky altcoin will be huge.
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:24:08 PM

Short-term or long-term, depending on the method of each person. There are many long-term or short-term plans, but each one gives us some results. It can be short to generate more cash flow but it takes longer to track fluctuations. Long term, when the price is the sale. And I'm profitable x3 x5 is stopping now to store assets go to standby and wait for new plans.
That's right, depending on the ability and investment direction of each person that can choose the appropriate investment in this market. Financial investment, the ultimate goal is still to profit for investors so take the appropriate strategy to be able to adapt to the developments of this market.
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:47:00 PM

It is all about when the investor needs the money to buy house or land or car or Gold and Silver etc.... or when the profit is 400% or 700% that is advisable to sell and book the profits because 400% profit is very good.

I sold all my crypto a few weeks back and put the lot into gold.Seems I made the right call.Hodl forever is bullshit, sometimes you need to take a step back and know when to take profit and stabilise your gains.
Yeah! We can't say that we will hold our coins forever because there are always unnecessary events that will happen to our lives. A long term holder must have financial stability otherwise you will spend your money in emergency scenario. The problem with small investors like me is that, we cannot easily reach our main goal when we are investing a coin that we want but then, I tried our best to hold it.

Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:54:05 PM

I would always prefer long term investment because long term only gives more profit than short term. If you are a bitcoin holder just hold the coin for long term once the price will reach high then you can sell and earn more profit. Now only the price of bitcoin starts to increase so in future it has more growth. Hold the coin instead of selling now,  the price will increase more than now.

What you are saying was not a long term, that was short term. These two terms are both profitable in different ways. If you can monitor the price of it everytime it is mich better if you will do short term where you are buying at a low price and sell in a high value. In long term you dont care what the proce of it today, you have a set time when you will going to sell it.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:23:17 AM

I am believe holding our cryptocurrency for long term will more profitable than short term. Cryptocurrency market cap right now far below other investment market and I am believe market cap cryptocurrency will reach trillion dollar. Cryptocurrency market is just 9 years old and not many knowing about crypto. When they realize the potential crypto, I am believe crypto price will rising but its need time

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: