Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitmain at 51% of BTC Hash Rate. Would they hard-hard fork?
Yes. - 4 (28.6%)
No. - 8 (57.1%)
Abstain. - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain 51% Attack? Would they do such if they get the hash? [POLL]  (Read 252 times)
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:48:41 PM

Ok...so they won't do it...I get that

but IF, they or you had the power....and they wanted to do a 51% attack to promote BCH...how would they or you go about such?

(again, talking full evil here max damage)

just curious what would happen if someone did pull the trigger on this and try to destroy BTC...how would it play out?

as to if they will do so..they won't so...yeah...you all that have ....they won't do so.

But playing 'what if' now...would it all shake out in your view?

brad

I think that the real risk is Government collusion attempts with Bitmain. Bitmain has a backdoor in every miner which is essentially a killswitch. If there is a state actor that coerces Bitmain to activate it, then the hash rate will drop significantly and the block times will be insane... They could plan to do something with BCH but I am unsure of what that might be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 02:26:10 PM

By the way ...does anyone think that Jihan Wu of Bitmain has the will or the balls to do a 51% attack on BTC?
He hates those assholes at Core - so he might just ruin BTC after all.  They sure deserve it.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
beinformed

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:39:52 AM

I was waiting for that kind of news but here again with 51% and it will definitely be the end
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:19:06 PM

As an aside, here on recent Bitmain actions...

Bitmain (being evil and all) has a controlling stake now in the Opera Browser...

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/bitmain-to-buy-majority-of-shares-in-opera-internet-browser/

https://www.ccn.com/bitmain-backed-opera-web-browser-adds-built-in-ethereum-wallet/

https://cryptovest.com/news/bitmain-to-invest-50m-in-opera-web-browser/

Bitmain: Where evil never rests! (tm Bitmain)

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Simon241084

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:38:57 AM

It has nothing to do with having a will or a ball to do that, it has to do with the consequences of doing something like that and the revenue they make every year is huge. They have a mining farm, a mining tank and mining equipment manufacturing. Now the question is do you think they will ruin all the empires that they have built? a 51% attack? I'm sorry, because I do not understand. It is impossible if the construction company will be destroyed.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:28:48 PM

It has nothing to do with having a will or a ball to do that, it has to do with the consequences of doing something like that and the revenue they make every year is huge. They have a mining farm, a mining tank and mining equipment manufacturing. Now the question is do you think they will ruin all the empires that they have built? a 51% attack? I'm sorry, because I do not understand. It is impossible if the construction company will be destroyed.

You are likely correct..however, they will soon (if not already) have 51% of the BTC network..and soon they will have (if as I suspect they have the supposed 3x the

speed at same watts LTC and scrypt-pow miner) own 51% of the LTC network and likely as they have (currently) 90% of all scrypt-pow miners that still can make

a profit mining...51% on other scrypt pow coins as well...

that much power they will try to 'lever' it in some manner..if not 51% attack .thru some other influence..it is what Bitmain does...

Bitmain: evil never rests (tm bitmain)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: